GMSlave
Starfish
Starfish
45 Posts

The Boss

[Post New]by GMSlave on May 31, 12 5:15 AM
So far, I like this game but I don't understand how to "beat the Boss". Can anyone explain what targets have to get hit or what items have to be caught. Right now, I'm just shooting at targets in a random fashion.

SynthpopAddict
Manatee
Manatee
3,966 Posts

Re:The Boss

[Post New]by SynthpopAddict on May 31, 12 7:36 PM
You have to remove the chain going around the inside of the boss' "mouth" and then shoot the glowing icon in the center to beat the boss. There's always at least one blocking chain going around the outside of the boss and white spiky rings (spinners) to make things harder. Removing balls on the outer chain doesn't count as an attack on the boss.

The spinners get electrified when some of the balls on the inner chain have been removed. If you hit one of the spinners immediately after hitting the boss' chain you will block the spinner attack of sending out extra blocking chains at you. The spinners will electrify on their own if you take too long to attack the boss, but can still be stopped by shooting them before the extra chains emerge. If you stall long enough, the boss gets enraged and will send more chains out even if the spinners aren't electrified. There is a flipside to the boss getting mad though...the blocking chain going around the outside of the boss and spinners will automatically disappear, the inner chain slows down, and the boss can't send any more chains out for a little while. Enjoy!

GMSlave
Starfish
Starfish
45 Posts

[Post New]by GMSlave on Jun 1, 12 3:05 PM
Thank you, I'll give it another try, it seems extremely difficult.

GMSlave
Starfish
Starfish
45 Posts

[Post New]by GMSlave on Jun 1, 12 5:01 PM
I DID IT!!! Now it all makes sense, thanks a bunch for steering me in the right direction.

SynthpopAddict
Manatee
Manatee
3,966 Posts

[Post New]by SynthpopAddict on Jun 2, 12 1:49 PM
You're most welcome, glad to have helped! Here's a strategy tidbit just in case you're interested (click and drag in the white area to read):
[spoiler below]

The boss levels can be played indefinitely as long as you don't completely beat the boss. This is useful for building up your score, powerups, and collecting treasures/hearts, once you get the hang of how to manage the chains.

[end spoiler]

Edited on 06/02/2012 at 1:49:41 PM PST

GMSlave
Starfish
Starfish
45 Posts

[Post New]by GMSlave on Jun 3, 12 1:03 PM
Good tip but one can't get too arrogant with the boss.

SynthpopAddict
Manatee
Manatee
3,966 Posts

[Post New]by SynthpopAddict on Jun 3, 12 1:14 PM
Yes, I wouldn't try it after the third or fourth boss.

Go to: