bfgRhone
Manatee
Manatee
4,302 Posts

Reviews for Amazing Adventures Riddle of the Two Knights ™

[Post New]by bfgRhone on Jun 1, 12 12:45 AM
Hi Fishies!

What do you think of Amazing Adventures Riddle of the Two Knights ™? We’d love to hear all about it, together with many of the other Fishies in our pond! You can now share your review on our website, just pop over to the Amazing Adventures Riddle of the Two Knights ™ page here.

Unsure how to submit a review? Please check our help article Big Fish Game Reviews for more information.

After sharing your review on our website, please feel free to repost your review in this thread!

Remember, a lot of Fishies that will be reading your review will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include the words SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post .

To help other players get the most out of your review, you could add a note stating if you played the trial or full version and how far you have gotten in the game.

If you’re experiencing technical issues with this game, be sure to swim over to the support thread dedicated to the game here.

**If you are seeking game help, the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the Game Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion'!

Happy gaming!

bfgRhone

bfgRhone
Manatee
Manatee
4,302 Posts

Re:Reviews for Amazing Adventures Riddle of the Two Knights ™

[Post New]by bfgRhone on Jun 1, 12 12:47 AM
Hi Fishies,

Just to add to the OP: This thread has been reserved for reviews only. If you have any comments or questions about someone else’s review (even if you feel that their review contains incorrect details about this game) please contact that user directly via PM instead of replying to or quoting their post.

While the reviews in this thread are first and foremost helpful to other players, they also tell us and all who were involved in making this game what you liked/disliked most, what you’d like to see more/less of in future games, etc. (As you could imagine, this feedback is very helpful! )

So to make sure that everyone who visits this thread can easily find the reviews that they’re looking for, the Moderation Team will be proactively removing any off-topic posts (i.e. non-reviews) that pop up in this thread.

For any comments and non-review posts, please feel free to create a "Comments" thread in this Game Forum if there isn't one already. You can always create a new thread for any game questions or tips.

Thank you!

bfgRhone

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Jun 1, 12 1:50 AM
I don't know why, but twice this morning I had to sign in, the second time when I wanted to write this review. *sigh*

Anyway, although this game is advertised as an "Adventure Game", it's a HOG (hidden object game), one in a series of HOGs that starts with the title "Amazing Adventures".

This is a basic HOG, so those peeps who love them, will love this one.

In addition to finding hidden objects, you can also find crowns. There are 2 crowns hidden in each scene, and there are 50 in all.
Once you have found all 50 crowns, 2 bonus game modes will be unlocked.
Also, to reach the highest Adventure Rank, you will have to find all of the crowns.

You can play this game in timed or relaxed mode.

Images and graphics are clear and clean.

In the "Option" you can choose to have unlimited amounts of HINTS by ticking the relevant box.

Happy gaming, everyone.

Forgot to mention: Each level (mission) ends with you having to do a Match2 game, plus a mini game where you have to do a "Spot the Difference" in reverse, by putting back objects into on scene that are already in the other one.

Edited on 06/01/2012 at 2:06:09 AM PST

NanaLoona
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
447 Posts

[Post New]by NanaLoona on Jun 1, 12 5:44 AM
A new entry in the Amazing Adventure series - A very lovely game where we travel to Switzerland and Morocco. As usual with this series, the scenes are beautiful. The music changes depending on which country the scene is in.

They have done something a little different with this installment. Instead of scene, puzzle, scene, puzzle, you play several hidden object scenes and then multiple puzzles. So far I have played Click Two, Memory, Spot the Difference, Return Item Difference and a new game. In the new game, you have to swap tiles and rotate them. Needless to say, it is a little more difficult that the usual swap tiles only or rotate tiles only.

I have finished 3 levels so far and that took almost my whole demo time, so this should be a good, long, relaxing, beautiful game.

Nana

rainice
Minnow
Minnow
293 Posts

[Post New]by rainice on Jun 1, 12 6:27 AM
Another of [Removed by Moderator] excellent hidden object games. This is one company that knows what their target audience wants and they deliver. There are subtle differences from past versions as has already been mentioned. Another difference is you don't have to find all the objects for an entire mission to get a perfect score. You get one for each scene in which you find all objects. If you want a complicated task driven interactive game, this probably isn't for you. If you want something you can kick back and just relax with for a few minutes or longer, definitely give this a try.

Edited on 06/25/2012 at 3:38:30 AM PST

dancemom1
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,198 Posts

[Post New]by dancemom1 on Jun 1, 12 2:39 PM
I have three other Amazing Adventure games and really enjoy them. Sometimes, I just like to rest my brain and test my hand-eye coordination and these games are very good for that. Nice graphics, music and game play. Something different for a change. These games are always quite long, so well worth the price, but I'm using a credit for this one.

Thanks for the reviews.

Jman8099
Guppy
Guppy
105 Posts

[Post New]by Jman8099 on Jun 2, 12 2:36 PM

Edited on 06/25/2012 at 3:52:09 AM PST

kklohr
Seahorse
Seahorse
30 Posts

[Post New]by kklohr on Jun 2, 12 6:36 PM
If you own or have enjoyed any of the other 4 in this series, this is a must have. If you haven't, then be aware that these games are NOT adventure games, they are straight hidden object games, with an "adventure" story line. Maybe that's why gave this game a soft release, but seeing that there are now so few of these type of games, this actually comes as a refreshing change of pace. This type of game also has more replay value than most adventure games, so maybe that also contributed to it .

This game didn't stray from the Amazing Adventures formula too much, except that so far, I haven't returned to the same scene like you do in the others. I've edited this to say that I finally found a room that I've returned to, but it wasn't until the 4th mission. This time around, the bonus objects to find are crowns instead of skulls, and if you don't have the option to return to a location, then if you miss finding a crown, you'll not be able to unlock the bonuses, at least that's what it said.

This also seems like it's a nice long game, just like the others in this series. I guess **** got bought out by PopCap, but there's still the ST logo that shows up in most scenes, and occasionally you have to find them. Overall impression is that the HOS are a smidgeon harder, or at least I'm having a slightly harder time finding some objects, but they're not any more or less junkpile than the others in the series. While there is a relaxed mode, I've had more than enough time to find the objects so far, so I haven't felt rushed.

Bottom line: if you like old-fashioned straight up HOGs with a few puzzles, and long for the days when there wasn't so much "adventure", then get this game!

I give this game 7 's out of a possible 8 .

Edited on 06/03/2012 at 6:39:13 PM PST

[Post New]by WolfenRaindancer on Jun 2, 12 10:05 PM
I bought this one elsewhere when it first was released. I made sure that I found all the crowns, but somehow I got to the last chess game and found I had missed two of the crowns. This one didn't seem as long as the other ones in the series, but I still had fun playing it.

pubprof
Guppy
Guppy
131 Posts

[Post New]by pubprof on Jun 3, 12 7:37 AM
Not our usual adventure, but I find myself opening this game when I just want to relax and search for objects. I am glad I bought the game and I will use it daily to wind down for the more involved games. We need something like this game every so often.

Jman8099
Guppy
Guppy
105 Posts

[Post New]by Jman8099 on Jun 4, 12 9:32 PM

Edited on 06/25/2012 at 3:52:23 AM PST

tinaccarroll
Guppy
Guppy
134 Posts

[Post New]by tinaccarroll on Jun 22, 12 7:25 AM

Edited on 06/25/2012 at 3:53:06 AM PST

boobailey
Guppy
Guppy
187 Posts

[Post New]by boobailey on Jun 25, 12 6:46 PM
I really like this game but then I have liked all the Amazing Adventure games. They are a sure thing. You buy any of these games and you won't be disappointed.

IsisRising
Squid
Squid
65 Posts

[Post New]by IsisRising on Jul 4, 12 9:31 PM
Another great game in this series!I was far from disappointed and hope that more Amazing Adventure games are created.

[Post New]by grammabeauone on Aug 6, 12 10:16 PM
I have all of the Amazing Adventure games, and this one is, by far, the most difficult. Dark objects on a dark background aggravated me. It took me a lot longer to get through this game, as it was very hard to find some of the items, and my eyes could take it for only so long. Also, Forbidden Dynasty was almost as difficult as there is a reddish cast to a lot of the scenes, and my eyes didn't like that either. Other than these two problems, I like the games. If you could consider these things I have mentioned, for future games, it would be much appreciated.

[Post New]by whirled_peas on Oct 21, 12 3:02 PM
HOS after HOS after HOS. Didn't finish it. Need I say more?

[Post New]by gypsyatnight on Oct 26, 12 1:34 PM
There are many good reviews here for this game. To those people who were completely satisfied 'I salute you' because I was in no way did I find enjoyment or any kind of pleasure in this game. In the beginning I was finding all the crowns and looked forward to the ability to play the extra 2 games that was a reward for finding the crowns. It didn't take long before I noticed that the crowns soon disappeared and I wasted much time in something that seemed to be promised to me; only to find it aggravating beyond belief when it became clear that the crowns were not there. So it was a waste of money and a waste of hours for me; plus left me feeling very let down. Definitely wish I could get my money back on this one, or else more truthful advertising of the game had been considered.

Yaelle
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,317 Posts

[Post New]by Yaelle on Jan 16, 13 3:34 AM
Been playing for a few minutes and all I see so far is hidden objects. I am going to be removing it from my computer but by all means, let me know if i am wrong and if there are any actual "amazing adventures" I will come back and reinstall for the last 40 minutes of the demo (maybe more if its worth buying!) but I'm playing and so far its just
a list of items
look for things
a list of items
look for things
a list of items
look for thigs
I feel like I should be PAID to play this. Its like somebody is asking me to go into their house and find a bunch of items that they cant locate because they need to tidy up. WHY? Why would I want to put myself through that voluntarily?

I see no fun or adventure in this!

[Post New]by HollyCarothers on Jan 22, 13 1:36 PM
I enjoyed this game except for one really annoying aspect. I had to delete and reload the game three times during my play time....after every level that ended with putting the puzzle pieces together. The game froze and wouldn't move forward until I deleted it and reloaded. Fortunately it started me where I left off each time. I finally finished level 25 and it froze up again. I'm not going to bother going beyond this point. More than frustrating.

BASED ON COMPLETED GAME

[Post New]by JustTheFacts on Feb 15, 13 10:54 PM
BASED ON COMPLETED GAME

Classic HO – No Surprises

Story: After pieces of an ancient tablet begin appearing around the globe, the museum calls you in to hunt them down and follow the clues to the greatest gem the world has ever known -- the famous "World Diamond".

Developer: PopCap Games
Release Date: May 2012
Extras: High Scores, Times and Collectibles, Unlimited HOs, Click 2 Game

I admit to being disappointed with this latest Amazing Adventure. I thought maybe they might have added a few bells and whistles to compete with all the amazing HOPAs out now.

I assumed they would stick to their formula of course – HO scenes followed by a simple puzzle, repeat ad nauseum. This is sensible of them. They have a strong niche in the pure HO market. But why not add a little animation, a bit of (optional) back-story, an occasional surprise?

Your mission this time takes you to Switzerland and Morocco, of all places, but there’s no rhyme nor reason in the progression through locations.

As with all Amazing Adventures, they have collectibles that unlock unlimited play, and they are timed and scored.

Personally, I don’t like these games, but I think that are quite good examples of pure HO games, so if that’s what you like, I’d recommend it.

Edited on 02/22/2013 at 4:12:57 AM PST

Go to: