No Audio Playback in Penny Dreadfuls: Sweeney Todd

[Post New]by justcheckingonce on Jun 2, 12 4:06 PM
Hi, has anyone else had this issue? I installed the game, and it starts and runs perfectly, except that I get no audio playback of any kind (no music, no voice-overs, no sound effects). I know the volume is set at an appropriate level, both in-game and in the Windows Mixer. I have all of the files installed on the hard drive, so it's not an issue with the CD drive. Also, I can play the MP3 files from the "Media" folder, so it's not a matter of a missing codec. Do I have a defective version of the game? It's the Collector's Edition. I tried uninstalling and installing a second time, but that didn't help matters any.

I have a Sony Vaio running Windows Vista 32-bit with Service Pack 1 on a 2 GHz Intel core processor. I'm using the Realtek soundcard that came with the laptop, and the drivers are listed as up-to-date (version 6.0.1.5532). I'm also not running anything in the background except for the usual antivirus, automatic updates, firewall, etc. I have DirectX10, and dxdiag isn't showing any problems. Is there anything I'm missing that will get the sound in the game to work? This was a gift, so I'm really hoping we can get it working fully.

Thank you!

bfgMonongahela
Manatee
Manatee
4,448 Posts

Re:No Audio Playback in Penny Dreadfuls: Sweeney Todd

[Post New]by bfgMonongahela on Jun 5, 12 12:15 PM
Hi justcheckingonce,

It does sound like there is some sort of technical issue going on with your game.

We don't have the proper tools to investigate this for you here the Forums. If you get in touch with our Tech Support team and send them those details about your system they'll be able to take a look at what's going on and see how best to get this resolved for you.

You can contact them by clicking on the green envelope on the right to get to our Help pages. From there, click "Contact Us" on the left of that screen to submit a support ticket.

Thank you!

bfgMonongahela

Go to: