bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Time Chronicles: The Missing Mona Lisa

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Jun 3, 12 12:29 AM
Travel between the past and present to solve a dastardly crime in Time Chronicles: The Missing Mona Lisa! The Mona Lisa has been stolen and scattered through history by the mysterious "Time Chameleon." Use your hidden object skills to search scenes for clues and open a pathway through time. Watch as the modern world fades and a bygone era emerges. See what changes and what stays the same! You never know where you'll end up next, from a medieval garden, to Edo-era Japan, to the Taj Mahal and beyond. It's up to you to recover the painting before the damage to the timeline is irreversible!

Edited on 06/03/2012 at 12:35:24 AM PST

jkuci
Flounder
Flounder
2,447 Posts

Re:Time Chronicles: The Missing Mona Lisa

[Post New]by jkuci on Jun 3, 12 12:33 AM

Warning!!

Its a junk pile HOG that is TIMED!!

Edited on 06/03/2012 at 1:18:05 AM PST

edmee1947
Clownfish
Clownfish
629 Posts

[Post New]by edmee1947 on Jun 3, 12 12:37 AM
no story really interesting,pure ho ,junk piles with objects without any interest for story,the worse game i played the last month!
seems to be a game from ten years old!
no buy for me for this kind of game either today or another!

[Post New]by dobbiemijnboekje on Jun 3, 12 12:40 AM
Terrible! The first 10 minutes I spent to learn how you must to play the game.

No buy for me.

Another day nothing to play.

[Post New]by WolfenRaindancer on Jun 3, 12 12:53 AM
It does appear, despite the long tutorial, that there is nothing to this game but one junk pile after another, and because it is timed, you don't have time to even enjoy looking at the different locations. Played until I got the first piece of the Mona Lisa, and didn't encounter any mini games or puzzles. This is not an instant buy for me, as hog hungry as I am. I think I will wait until later, and see if anyone else gets further along and finds something different. I hate timers, and that alone is enough to turn me off of this one, so if there aren't any redeeming features, I do believe this will be one I will decline to buy.

LadyBlue0321
Minnow
Minnow
217 Posts

[Post New]by LadyBlue0321 on Jun 3, 12 12:57 AM
I totally disliked this game. Music was enough to make my ears bleed, junk pile HOS, tiny items, and nothing else. An elaborate story line trying to disguise a "game" that's nothing more than one HOS after another. I quit after about 10 minutes.

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Jun 3, 12 12:58 AM
This must be a very old game. Apart from those terrible graphics, if this HOG only comes in timed mode, then it is a game from yesteryears, where they only brought out timed HOGs.

And here I thought we were going to get a nice CE. *sigh* What's keeping ERS? LOL

Happy Sunday, everyone!

Edited on 06/03/2012 at 1:03:28 AM PST

_DD_
Flounder
Flounder
2,115 Posts

[Post New]by _DD_ on Jun 3, 12 1:03 AM
good grief... thanks for the warnings!

flowerchild44
Marlin
Marlin
8,348 Posts

[Post New]by flowerchild44 on Jun 3, 12 1:12 AM
you said it all Valdy,
oh well see ya all tomorrow..

KIW0612
Herring
Herring
376 Posts

[Post New]by KIW0612 on Jun 3, 12 1:16 AM
Must absolutely agree - nothing but junk piles. I played the entire hour and I must have found (been awarded) 5 or 6 pieces (maybe more) of the Mona Lisa, but never ran into a mini game of any kind - or cut scene. I consider myself an intermediate player and played in Casual mode. Keeping that in mind I did have plenty of time to finish each screen. Received Gold each time. So the timer is generous. But I HATE timed mode - so this won't be a buy for me either.

EDIT to say - also had strange technical problem, but I'll go looking for the tech thread to report details. Just don't be surprised if you get error messages.

Edited on 06/03/2012 at 1:17:59 AM PST

arthurC
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
424 Posts

[Post New]by arthurC on Jun 3, 12 1:43 AM
Was a time when I would have loved to play games like this .. when finding hidden objects was actually the whole point of the game, instead of just a means to an end. I remember spending hours and hours playing them.

But things move on and our tastes become more sophisticated.
In short we've become spoilt.

Jo

cbtx
Stingray
Stingray
5,030 Posts

[Post New]by cbtx on Jun 3, 12 1:51 AM
arthurC wrote:Was a time when I would have loved to play games like this .. when finding hidden objects was actually the whole point of the game, instead of just a means to an end. I remember spending hours and hours playing them.

But things move on and our tastes become more sophisticated.
In short we've become spoilt.

Jo

I agree with this----we have become more sophisticated. That being the case, why would any dev team think this one would be of interest today? I wouldn't buy a new version of Pong, either.

Sheerija
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,451 Posts

[Post New]by Sheerija on Jun 3, 12 1:53 AM
kjdkjkjsj fjouetu ;dfkf;kjf lkdkk

Since we are not allowed to swear.

Throw it on the fire. Dismember it. Put it in the dudgeon. Sent it into orbit.

Don't offer it to us.

Edited on 06/03/2012 at 3:39:53 AM PST

gatorgal637
Minnow
Minnow
204 Posts

[Post New]by gatorgal637 on Jun 3, 12 2:54 AM
What rock did they find this old game under?

Mercy me, I can't believe BFG offering something like this as a "new game". $2.99 maybe? But not full price. Actually, I would not buy even at $2.99.

Edited on 06/03/2012 at 2:55:10 AM PST

barbaralbb
Guppy
Guppy
177 Posts

[Post New]by barbaralbb on Jun 3, 12 5:09 AM
What a disappointment!

Was really looking forward to a new CE (a good one!) today and we only get this mess of a game.

Agree with all of the above - a timed HObj.... SERIOUSLY..

KBEAR2045
Minnow
Minnow
280 Posts

[Post New]by KBEAR2045 on Jun 3, 12 6:01 AM
Normally I read the comments and reviews while the game is downloading (after I check out the description) and will give the demo a fair try. Not with this one. All I needed to see was the word TIMED. Not only that but the fishies are saying no option to play without timer. I hate not to give a game a chance but I cannot and will not play a timed game.

Sorry devs, you need to come out of that time capsule you seem to be stuck in and produce games that are more current. Yes our tastes have grown because the technology has grown. Better games have resulted and I don't think that is a bad thing. The newer HOS games challenge our intellect. If your going to produce a straight HOS game at least do it with an option on the timer and with bigger items. You know bigger items can be well hidden without sacrificing the size.

Edited on 06/03/2012 at 6:02:34 AM PST

SMQMC
Guppy
Guppy
129 Posts

[Post New]by SMQMC on Aug 12, 13 7:36 AM
I'm going to put this comment in every forum I can because the reference is so offensive to me, and probably to others........

I will only review one part of this game so that those of you who will be totally offended are aware...........Look at the third screen shot. At the shooting gallery, do you really want to shoot the cross of Jesus?????? Where are you Big Fish? I wouldn't have let this one by on a bet!

Go to: