bfgRhone
Manatee
Manatee
4,302 Posts

Post any Time Chronicles: The Missing Mona Lisa technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgRhone on Jun 3, 12 12:32 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a couple of suggested articles that have helped solve some common problems with games in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

*Please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

KIW0612
Herring
Herring
376 Posts

Re:Post any Time Chronicles: The Missing Mona Lisa technical issues here only

[Post New]by KIW0612 on Jun 3, 12 1:22 AM
I played the entire hour of the demo and 5 or 6 times I had an error message pop up that said "Internet Explorer has stopped working" And then the traditional "Close Program" button. However, after clicking "Close Program" the game did not close - I was able to ALT/TAB to it and continue playing. Not sure what that was all about.

However I was not impressed with the game in the least. So this will not be a BUY for me for many other reasons. I just thought I'd report the problem incase others find the same.

Annemotherof3
Squid
Squid
68 Posts

[Post New]by Annemotherof3 on Jun 3, 12 6:09 AM
I played the 1 hour demo with no problems and so decided purchase the game, all went well for a while until I went into London Tower then I kept getting this message: Error access violation at 0x0043216D (tried to read from0x00000050), the game was then closed. I have tried several times to play but with the same results. Please help as I can't progress any further with the game. Have tried looking in the help but this fault is not listed.

darksprires
Squid
Squid
77 Posts

[Post New]by darksprires on Jun 3, 12 7:32 AM
The screen title comes up, it starts to go to menu and then the screen goes black and the cursor is frozen. By going to control/alt/delete and getting out of the game, I found IE had stopped working for this program. Two more attempts resulted in the same issue.

bfgMonongahela
Manatee
Manatee
4,448 Posts

[Post New]by bfgMonongahela on Jun 3, 12 9:28 AM
Hi Fishies,

Here are some things you can try to get this game working -

Annemotherof3 - you can read more about the kind of error you're getting - and some things you can try - in this help article: Access Violation.

darksprires - you'll find some troubleshooting suggestions in this article: Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen. I'd also make sure you have the most recent update to Internet Explorer.

But if you try the suggestions in those articles and are still running into problems with the game, please get in touch with our Tech Support team. They'll be able to really delve into how the game is working with your system and give you some more specific things to try.

You can contact them by clicking on the green envelope on the right to get to our Help pages. From there, click "Contact Us" on the left of that screen to submit a support ticket.

If you're a Big Fish Game Club member, you can also connect to Live Chat Support Monday-Friday 7:30am-4:30pm PST.

Thank you!

bfgMonongahela

[Post New]by loanshark on Jun 6, 12 2:44 PM
game screen has to much vertical in it cant see bottom of picture on monitor need to fix so you can click on hints and see objects to find

bfgMonongahela
Manatee
Manatee
4,448 Posts

[Post New]by bfgMonongahela on Jun 7, 12 10:06 AM
Hi loanshark,

The help article here goes over how to adjust your computer's screen resolution, which may help with your being able to see all of the game.

It also looks like this particular game give you the option to turn off Full Screen mode. That's another thing that often works, as it allows the game to display based on its own parameters, rather than the size of your particular computer screen. You can find that option if you go to the Main Menu of the game, and then choose Options.

But if you try those suggestions and the game is still not displaying correctly, please get in touch with our Tech Support team. They'll be able to take a look at how the game is working with your specific system and offer more troubleshooting ideas for you.

You can contact them by clicking on the green envelope on the right to get to our Help pages. From there, click "Contact Us" on the left of that screen to submit a support ticket.

If you're a Big Fish Game Club member, you can also connect to Live Chat Support Monday-Friday 7:30am-4:30pm PST.

I hope that helps!

bfgMonongahela

dippydebby
Guppy
Guppy
187 Posts

[Post New]by dippydebby on Jun 8, 12 1:36 PM
Ive got eight locations to visit, but I cant go anywhere! Ive got green ticks past and present, both with two yellow dots which I cannot click on because its showing that I have been there!!
Ive just finished San Francisco USA, and the yellow dots are in Swiss Alps, Swiss cottages past and present.
I havent had any problems up until this point.

[Post New]by cuthbert164 on Jun 9, 12 11:05 AM
i had tech issues with this had to abandon but to be fair i didnt enjoy this game at all, having said that i do enjoy bfg keep it up

Jan69
Seahorse
Seahorse
37 Posts

[Post New]by Jan69 on Sep 12, 13 7:24 PM
I can live with game freezing as the last item in a location does NOT remove item from list but having to manually turn off pc every time and wait to restart does bug me. When I reopen game and continue, location is checked (finished). But to turn off at every location, both present and past......sheesh. The least they could do is make control-alt-delete work. Update: now the last item isn't being checked as finished when you open pc again so can to no farther in game.

Edited on 09/13/2013 at 10:13:31 PM PST

Go to: