bfgRhone
Manatee
Manatee
4,302 Posts

Reviews for Time Chronicles: The Missing Mona Lisa

[Post New]by bfgRhone on Jun 3, 12 12:34 AM
Hi Fishies!

What do you think of Time Chronicles: The Missing Mona Lisa? We’d love to hear all about it, together with many of the other Fishies in our pond! You can now share your review on our website, just pop over to the Time Chronicles: The Missing Mona Lisa page here.

Unsure how to submit a review? Please check our help article Big Fish Game Reviews for more information.

After sharing your review on our website, please feel free to repost your review in this thread!

Remember, a lot of Fishies that will be reading your review will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include the words SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post .

To help other players get the most out of your review, you could add a note stating if you played the trial or full version and how far you have gotten in the game.

If you’re experiencing technical issues with this game, be sure to swim over to the support thread dedicated to the game here.

**If you are seeking game help, the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the Game Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion'!

Happy gaming!

bfgRhone

Edited on 06/03/2012 at 3:03:19 AM PST

bfgRhone
Manatee
Manatee
4,302 Posts

Re:Reviews for Time Chronicles: The Missing Mona Lisa

[Post New]by bfgRhone on Jun 3, 12 12:34 AM
Hi Fishies,

Just to add to the OP: This thread has been reserved for reviews only. If you have any comments or questions about someone else’s review (even if you feel that their review contains incorrect details about this game) please contact that user directly via PM instead of replying to or quoting their post.

While the reviews in this thread are first and foremost helpful to other players, they also tell us and all who were involved in making this game what you liked/disliked most, what you’d like to see more/less of in future games, etc. (As you could imagine, this feedback is very helpful! )

So to make sure that everyone who visits this thread can easily find the reviews that they’re looking for, the Moderation Team will be proactively removing any off-topic posts (i.e. non-reviews) that pop up in this thread.

For any comments and non-review posts, please feel free to create a "Comments" thread in this Game Forum if there isn't one already. You can always create a new thread for any game questions or tips.

Thank you!

bfgRhone

Nortank
Lobster
Lobster
86 Posts

[Post New]by Nortank on Jun 3, 12 12:57 AM
Most objects are way too small and the clickable areas don't include the whole object, so you have to click all around it before it is "found". Played half an hour and got fed up.

cbtx
Stingray
Stingray
5,030 Posts

[Post New]by cbtx on Jun 3, 12 1:41 AM
Based on the demo:

If someone spent as much time looking for this clunker to offer up as I did hunting for the tiny, indistinguishable objects----wow, what a major failure this game is.

You are supposed to be hunting for "time traces" which are no more than hidden objects in complete junk piles, and you have to play each scene four times to progress. Then, you have to do this a certain number of places to unlock other locations. So I stayed with it to see the mini-game/puzzle. And found a super simple game of concentration. What a letdown. That's where I quit and uninstalled this boring, repetitious game.

I can't imagine where this one came from, but it needs to be sent back in time to wherever it came from. Bad game, complete waste of time. I was going to enumerate all the other things I dislike about this one, but it's not worth any more time playing or writing about. If a straight hidden object search is what you want, there are many others out there to choose from that do it much, much better. Sorry.

CasualGran
Herring
Herring
324 Posts

[Post New]by CasualGran on Jun 3, 12 1:50 AM
Almost can't believe BF is releasing this straight HOG as the TGT today. It's an old-fashioned style of game with timed search in junkpiles. If you don't find all the items, of which there are several of the same kind (!), you have to replay the level.

Wouldn't buy this one, even for the DD price.

cherbtoo
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
22,629 Posts

[Post New]by cherbtoo on Jun 3, 12 2:47 AM
I only spent 15 minutes on this game before deleting it and can only applaud Cbtx's stamina for sticking with it. Not only do I dislike timed junkpile HOGS where you have to replay levels (which I had to because I ran out of time drying a wet when he came in) but they have included my pet hate of all hates in a game ... a loop de loop cursor and it is your 4th wrong click that sets it off.

Also there is a thumping background beat to the music and, if you leave the music on, the only thing I can see in your future is a thumping headache.

Sorry devs there is nothing in this game that appeals to me personally but pure hidden object game lovers might like it.

Cherb

Sheerija
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,451 Posts

[Post New]by Sheerija on Jun 3, 12 3:24 AM
"How do I hate thee, let me count the ways".

Thou art boring. Thou hast terrible graphics. Thou hast junk piles. Thou hast small, indistinct objects. Thou art repetitious. Thou hast puzzles we could do in our sleep. Thou art so boring thee ought to be ashamed of thyself. Thou art, without a doubt, a terrible excuse for a game.

With all the time, effort, money, man-power that it takes to make a game, why would any self-respecting dev offer up this disaster of a game and expect to make money out of it?

My 6 year old granddaughter would scoff at this. In fact, she's coming round this afternoon. I'll post her scoffs.

tquinlivan
Seahorse
Seahorse
26 Posts

[Post New]by tquinlivan on Jun 3, 12 4:26 AM
Just "wow".

puzzledone
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,182 Posts

[Post New]by puzzledone on Jun 3, 12 4:56 AM
Well, um, I rarely diss a game outright, not fair to dev or sales, or those needing a new game (any game) like try yourself and decide I would rather say. Unless you got limited d/l time. Every game must have an audience out there, but this one needs to find it on its own, I'm not here to aid and abet a disaster

The opening shot of the Mona Lisa was beautiful. Just save that if it could be a wallpaper for the art aficionado. Next, the tutorial was so long I could review that since I thought I'd time out on the demo before play. Hinted to me that this game is in trouble from the start. I mean, if a song is to get radio time and a DJ has to take 5 to 10 minutes to explain what the song is about before we hear it...well, you know. How can a simple HOGame deserve such a long complicated drawn out tutorial, I got lost trying to remember it even tho it repeated it so many times. But pretty map and I'm anxious to adventure lovely scenes around the world, more eye candy please.

Glad they told me we were in beautiful Paris, in the beautiful historic Louvre, cudda fooled me in that boring office crammed full of nonsense. Something about timing out but don't worry, it is only the first level, second scene and temporary, then back to no timer. Hey! I opted for casual. And, when music was grating on me I left to Options to turn off music, noticed there wasn't even a check on Tutorial. Lawdy, I got the short version?? Back to Paris (have to take their word) I still heard the percussion beat beat beat went my heart. Timed out in some travel back in time, all the way to 1970's?? Not without some flashes and whirlpool the new techie was playing with (less is more but hey, this one is fun sign of an amateur). While there I asked a hint and it just warned me time is running out. Asked another and the alert turned to red alert and bam, back in maybe 2009 when it was current time (?)

Made it to Brazil somehow, still on timer and thanks for the window to see out there the famous cross on the hillside, oh yeh, must be Brazil out there but I'm cooped up in this boring room filled with junk. Asked a hint for last pillow and it popped up from under the inventory bar and disappeared again. Well, it showed where it was but not how to use that handy dandy zapper to get it. Impression, pull an old dud game you can't sell, give the cursor a catchy name, stick some flashes to wake them up between levels and see if it sticks, we need to cover our losses.

Edited on 06/03/2012 at 5:04:08 AM PST

KelLew34
Seahorse
Seahorse
32 Posts

[Post New]by KelLew34 on Jun 3, 12 5:16 AM
I agree. Not exciting at all. I have also become accustomed to the Sunday CE and it's disappointing when they don't release one. But I guess I should be thankful that it saves me money.

bratzgram
Clownfish
Clownfish
634 Posts

[Post New]by bratzgram on Jun 3, 12 5:48 AM
I played as long as I could stand it. I had to actually pick my laptop up at times to see the items I needed.
The hint refills quickly and you will need it! This is straight hidden object with very small objects. I also found many items that were multiples or incorrectly named.( or names not used in the United States)

I also have to mention the cameras. Several cameras in the same scene and they give specific camera names and expect us to know which one that is

There is a click problem also. You have to click in the exact right spot on an item or it won't let you have it. I clicked several times on the dice in one scene. Thought there must be another set. Finally used the hint button which took me right to the ones I had been clicking

I played for 45 min. It gave me a head ache and stressed me out so I didn't need to go any further.

No buy for me

pubprof
Guppy
Guppy
131 Posts

[Post New]by pubprof on Jun 3, 12 7:08 AM
New to HOGs? This would be a game to try. I fail to see why all the negativity. I understand why seasoned players would find this boring. It does not provide the challenge we are used to. But after reading all the negative reviews I was determined to play the full hour. I do not really like timed games, but I did manage to get a gold star for every search scene and I was getting pieces to the Mona Lisa picture. Some object were very tiny, but most were identifiable through careful searches. I think this would be a great :"learning curve" game from which a new player could advance to more intricate games.

The hint button recharged very quickly, so when I was getting closed to the end of my time I would use it for the remaining few objects.

Try this for yourself instead of running away from all the negative reviews.

I think we are getting spoiled by some of the great games like Final Cut: Death on the Silver Screen. I am happy with 2 or 3 good games each week and then having some of the more mediocre ones thrown in. I actually have a lot of games in my Game Manager waiting for time to play them. Believe it or not, I really do have a life outside of BF, though I find myself trying to work in a few hours of BF every day. I have the greatest respect, admiration and appreciation for BF and all the developers who work hard to provide us with entertainment!!!!

Calais30
Minnow
Minnow
281 Posts

[Post New]by Calais30 on Jun 3, 12 7:28 AM

Edited on 06/07/2012 at 9:51:48 AM PST

[Post New]by undrgrndgirl on Jun 3, 12 8:31 AM
thanks everyone for keeping me from wasting my time on this one.
will do something more productive today, i guess

JulieJay
Catfish
Catfish
1,555 Posts

[Post New]by JulieJay on Jun 3, 12 9:44 AM
Hidden Object Game where you find the objects by name list with a little laser gun.

I disagree with the many references to "junk pile". To me, junk pile is where you zoom into a box or something and you just have a pile of junk you have to search. These are full screen ho scenes.

pubprof wrote:New to HOGs? This would be a game to try. I fail to see why all the negativity. I understand why seasoned players would find this boring. It does not provide the challenge we are used to. But after reading all the negative reviews I was determined to play the full hour. I do not really like timed games, but I did manage to get a gold star for every search scene and I was getting pieces to the Mona Lisa picture. Some object were very tiny, but most were identifiable through careful searches. I think this would be a great :"learning curve" game from which a new player could advance to more intricate games.

I have to disagree. I would urge anyone who is new to HOGs to not try this game as it may well put them off trying a lot of other straight HOGs which are much better for learning.

Looking for a red helmet, baseball, mug (to name 3!). No, not that one there - that one over there.

Personally, I think the negative reviews are justified.

Annie1115
Starfish
Starfish
50 Posts

[Post New]by Annie1115 on Jun 3, 12 10:03 AM
First I'm fairly certain that music was from an old Simon and Simon episode showcasing the brothers' safe-cracking prowess. Secondly, not being in primary school I lost interest very quickly in gaining a gold star. The graphics were dull. The objects were miniscule. Definitely won't be buying this one. Should have been marketed differently. Maybe you could think about creating Big Fish Jr.

Tamlin55
Squid
Squid
69 Posts

[Post New]by Tamlin55 on Jun 3, 12 10:35 AM
I, too, decided to give the game a shot, despite the negative reviews from many I have come to trust. I will continue to trust them. I lasted all of 12 minutes, about 5 of which I felt were spent reading the interminable and almost incomprehensible directions. I respectfully disagree about recommending this game to a newcomer -- there are far more engaging and easily playable Hidden object and adventure games out there. I think this game would turn off a newbie to hidden object games for life. The graphics in the scenes I made it to were not clear, and as others before me have stated, way too small. There were also too many similar-looking items which could lead to mis-clicks. There are so many other great games on this site -- do your eyes and brain a favor and give this one a miss...

Edited on 06/03/2012 at 10:40:31 AM PST

Cromaxgal
Clownfish
Clownfish
730 Posts

[Post New]by Cromaxgal on Jun 3, 12 12:25 PM
Rather boring and objects too small and I guess when it said Time Chronicles (too late at night) I was thinking Time Management which I love, but this is plain old HOG. Not for me.

elldee2728
Shark
Shark
14,378 Posts

[Post New]by elldee2728 on Jun 3, 12 12:37 PM
I don't know if this would qualify as a "Review" or not, but I'm on the bandwagon, and I have a few additional comments and observations.

The intro starts out beautifully, with a screen-sized portrait of the Mona Lisa. Unfortunately, it's all downhill from there. I'd prefer not to have to use a "Flash Gordon Ray Gun" as the cursor--isn't that an icon from the Comic books? I believe the pulse-pounding, migraine-inducing "music" beat is there even with the slider turned way down (hint: speakers OFF).

The seemingly never-ending verbal (not voice-over, just dialogue boxes) introduction and tutorial made me want to hurry up and return this "book" to the library (but they probably wouldn't want it back)! The opening scene is a mish-mash of H0s, drawn in coloring book (not comic book) style. Did I find a "red helmet"? I sure did, and clicked on it 'til my index finger went crampy. Oh--way over in the other corner is ANOTHER red helmet--THAT'S the one we want. Did someone say TIMED?

With the use of the hint button, I earned a 1st-grade Gold Star. On to the next H0 scene. I'd had enough by then.

A very poor substitution for what most Fishies expected to be a Sunday CE. I hope this game is a "one-hit-wonder" with .

Regards, elldee

(ETA: As a veteran of H0Gs, this is NOT a good example to set for those gamers that are new to this genre of straight H0Gs. Rather than learning from it, they may very well be "soured" by it, and never want to return. The newest Amazing Adventures game is a far better choice. And I'm not too sure what having a life outside of BF has anything to do with a simple game review.)

Edited on 06/03/2012 at 12:46:36 PM PST

Poof11
Clownfish
Clownfish
503 Posts

[Post New]by Poof11 on Jun 3, 12 12:46 PM
Wow, this seems to be the birthday of let downs and disappointments for me. This game is awful. I began to lose interest when I kept getting the "bonk" when clicking on an item which was the correct item (only to find out by using the hint button) numerous times and receiving the swirling cursor. And even after using the hint, continued to get the swirling cursor since I did not hit the item on the correct miniscule spot that the developer had for picking up the item. Some of the items are incorrectly marked ex: hoe which was a spade. Also, trying to find 3 statues one of which was completely covered by a kettle and only the developer would have kinown it was there. If they really wanted us to find it the kettle would have been one of the items listed so it would have clearly shown the hidden statue.
i would also agree with others who would not recomment this game for beginners because I love hidden object games but this one will only leave you frustrated and not wanting to come back for more.
This game also has one of my pet peeves.....the lets force the player to use the hint button. Uh, I know what a hint button is for and how to use it, thank you very much.
Right now I'm just wishing I had something "fun and exciting" to do.
Enjoy your day fishies!

Go to: