Sheerija
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,451 Posts

COMMENTS

[Post New]by Sheerija on Jun 3, 12 12:50 AM
Totally underwhelmed. Waiting for a CE this Sunday and not getting one was bad enough, but this game in it's place? For shame.

After the huge intro and build-up and all the talk about tracers and zapping and time travel etc., this turns out to be a straight HOG with small indistinct objects, one scene after another.

If anyone finishes the demo and I turn out to be wrong about this game, please let me know. I only managed 15 mins and could not tolerate any more.

luvmigame
Minnow
Minnow
251 Posts

Re:COMMENTS

[Post New]by luvmigame on Jun 3, 12 1:22 AM
I only lasted 20 minutes and couldn't wait to uninstall. I own old games like this one that I will never play again because of timers and junk pile HOGs. In the time that I played I didn't encounter even one puzzle. There is no opportunity to skip the tutorial. No voice over. Boring music. Tiny items. Two of the items I looked for were incorrectly named. Thanks BFG, but no thanks!

woodythepecker
Guppy
Guppy
101 Posts

[Post New]by woodythepecker on Jun 3, 12 2:11 AM
...>>..>>>>>>..>>>TIMED?
mmmmmmmmmmmmm

gillydi53
Clownfish
Clownfish
703 Posts

[Post New]by gillydi53 on Jun 3, 12 3:57 AM
I usually dont have a problem with straight HOG' s but this just does'nt do anything for me I'm afraid .Have played half way and up to now there are'nt even any mini games to break the monotony .Think its uninstall time for both games today . On with the housework on this rainy sunday

hannah57
Clownfish
Clownfish
760 Posts

[Post New]by hannah57 on Jun 3, 12 5:56 AM
This game was so boring I quit after 5 min. in. All it is is hos and that is boring. The hos are even cheap looking, no great developer here. Sorry BF not for me.

[Post New]by Classicaljazz on Jun 3, 12 6:16 AM
The word "timed" was all I needed to see to know this HOG will not be one I will even try. Were there an option to play it without a timer, I might at least download the demo and check it out.

With gaming technology as advanced as it is now, I'm surprised any developer would release a timed Hidden Object game without offering an untimed option.

Classicaljazz

kklohr
Seahorse
Seahorse
30 Posts

[Post New]by kklohr on Jun 3, 12 6:20 AM
I don't think I've read one positive review on this game; that tells me all I need to know. My gripe/comment is why in the hell did release this game as the feature game, and not the new Amazing Adventures game, which was only a soft release? Whoever made this decision at needs to be transferred to the janitorial services dept .

tj1147
Clownfish
Clownfish
654 Posts

[Post New]by tj1147 on Jun 3, 12 6:56 AM
Well, since this is the "comments" thread I guess it is OK to post here...

This is one of the very few games I did not even download for the free trial. I read through all the posts and am skeptical that I would find anything to say other than what has already been said. Thanks to those who did opt to try the demo and give us their impressions.

I, too, was a bit surprised not to find a "Sunday CE" today....maybe due to the 10-day sale on CEs? For the ones offered on the sale thus far, I have already purchased them in the past so nothing to spend my half-price credits on today.

Euskalduna
Stingray
Stingray
5,991 Posts

[Post New]by Euskalduna on Jun 3, 12 8:32 AM
I thought that timed HOGs were a thing of the past. It seems its ugly head has resurfaced.

[Post New]by heatherington on Jun 3, 12 9:09 AM
I will only tolerate timed games from the Little Shops. I will never tolerate tutorials that cannot be skipped. I stopped the download after I read the comments. No buy here.

catzzz666
Guppy
Guppy
126 Posts

[Post New]by catzzz666 on Jun 3, 12 9:32 AM
wow, I won't even bother to look based on these comments. :o(

[Post New]by devilwolf81 on Jun 3, 12 9:47 PM
I'm okay with the game itself, I only have a problem when the item you need is hidden behind something and you can't see enough to click on it. How do you get it then?

CelticCoco
Clownfish
Clownfish
514 Posts

[Post New]by CelticCoco on Jun 3, 12 10:03 PM
I made it through 12 minutes and that only because I was stujpid and would not stop during a HOG scene. Boring. Old-fashioned. Too much explanation at the beginning. TIMED scenes! Yuck. Sorry, devs.

Celticcoco

Miranda53
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
17 Posts

[Post New]by Miranda53 on Jun 4, 12 12:09 PM
They lost me in Japan when the bright blue coffee pot was not the "coffee pot" I had to find but some indistinct thing halfway off the screen was (I had to use a hint). This was about 5 minutes into the game. I'm uninstalling it now.

cheekyoops
Guppy
Guppy
119 Posts

[Post New]by cheekyoops on Jun 5, 12 5:42 AM
I usually like straight forward HOGs with very few mini games, but this was awful!! I should have quit when the clue was orange ball, and there was definitely a large orange ball in the scene, but when I used the hint, it was a basketball.

The final straw was in the Mexico scene, the clue was rifle, and there was a rifle in the tree, but, using the hint it turned out to be what looked like a twig on the ground.

I lasted 50 minutes, and that's 50 minutes of my life I'll never get back

SMQMC
Guppy
Guppy
129 Posts

[Post New]by SMQMC on Aug 12, 13 7:37 AM
To me, it is imperative that I comment on one part of this game so that those of you who will be totally offended are aware...........Look at the third screen shot. At the shooting gallery, do you really want to shoot the cross of Jesus?????? Where are you Big Fish? I wouldn't have let this one by on a bet!

Go to: