Jaboulka
Starfish
Starfish
41 Posts

This game is full of bugs

[Post New]by Jaboulka on Feb 2, 09 1:31 AM
This is just my personal opinion, but I find this game definetely too unstable to play.

It is a very good game, I like it, but I believe that before buying it you should wait for a patch or something, I wish I knew that before.

It is nearly impossible to end this game. The more you play the more it writes down bugs.

After palying a whole week I am finally to the last level, which I am not starting because afterwards you cannot go back to the other islands, WHY?? I don't know, that's just how they did it.

But I haven't found all the gems, I am down to 98% and I am endlessly going back to all the islands to find the missing ones.

But after a while you can't go back to the islands any more because the game crashes.

It's a real pain, I know there are some cheats out there, but if a game does not work without cheats it means it's not ready to be out yet. They should have tested it more.

So I bought the game, but I can't finish it completely because of the bugs ... THIS IS VERY FRUSTATING!

So my advice is, don't buy it, wait for the patches first.

DoobieBear
Flounder
Flounder
2,169 Posts

Re:This game is full of bugs

[Post New]by DoobieBear on Feb 2, 09 1:37 AM
I haven't had any problems with the game. The only problem I've seen anyone have is in the first version released you couldn't go to one island if you didn't have all the gems, but the other 2 endings were fine. The new version is 1.02 and it was released January 19, 2009.

I'm not sure what is causing the issue you're having but it doesn't seem to be the game. Did you buy it from BigFish or elsewhere?

Jaboulka
Starfish
Starfish
41 Posts

[Post New]by Jaboulka on Feb 2, 09 2:02 AM
I bought it from bigfish games.

The game just started perfectly for me and I had no problems at all till the end.

I believe the problem depens on how much you play and how you play.

My goal is not to just finish the game, but it is to finish it completely including the secrets islands.

I know about the gems issues, and I don't have this issue, I simply probably left some gems around and so I keep going into all the islands looking for these gems.

I go into an island several times, and I keep changing things, like for example destroying all the buildings.
The more you go in a place, the more the game ''writes'' down information, and this is coming out with bugs.

Islands were I have been in several times now crashes, I can't go in any more.

It started with one island ''worship island", then two ''Yeti island", then the witch island and so on.

Soon I will not be able to go in any island and I will have to restart the game, which I am definetely not going to.
So my conclusion is that it is a pity, the game is really good as idea and very catchy, but they left too many bugs in and I regret I bought it.

I play bigfish games since 2007, and this is the first time I have this problem, it's ok it happens, I am not complainign, just giving my opinion

DoobieBear
Flounder
Flounder
2,169 Posts

[Post New]by DoobieBear on Feb 2, 09 2:09 AM
Hmmmm........that does sound bad. Especially considering that I play the game exactly as you do. I've restarted the game several times (in different profiles) because there was so much that I learned while playing that I hadn't done previously. So I've not gotten as close to the end yet as you have.

I'd send a note to Customer Service at BigFish alerting them to the possible problem so that they can work on it and get the message to the developer. It especially would help them out because you explain the problem so well......something that I would have a problem describing you did it beautifully. I'm sure they would want to know as early as possible so they can correct the problem before all these gamers hit them at the same time over it.

Maybe they'll get it fixed before I get to that point, but somehow I doubt it since I'm pretty close to the ending now.

Cyberomega
Manatee
Manatee
4,270 Posts

[Post New]by Cyberomega on Feb 2, 09 9:37 AM
Just so you know the developer fix the 99% gem bug but for some reason BigFishGames' version still has the bug still in it so you will always be missing one. I posted a new discussion that fixes the bug if you have not completed Volcano Island

bfgAegean
Catfish
Catfish
1,568 Posts

[Post New]by bfgAegean on Feb 2, 09 9:52 AM
Hello everyone! I'm sorry to hear that some of you are having technical difficulties with Totem Tribe. I would recommend that you contact our Customer Support staff. They are well trained in assisting with technical questions and concerns. You can contact them by clicking here.

Thank you for visiting the forums!

Cyberomega
Manatee
Manatee
4,270 Posts

[Post New]by Cyberomega on Feb 2, 09 12:05 PM
I already contacted them and let them know about the gem bug in the game. They are letting their developers know about it.

[Post New]by Retrobabble on Feb 2, 09 8:43 PM
I'm finding the same problem. I can't get to the other islands - Red Rock, etc. Game freezes multiple times. I've tried reloading the game but nothing.

This is the first bug-y game I've experienced with Big Fish. Wish I had the patch!

Yarnalee
Guppy
Guppy
194 Posts

[Post New]by Yarnalee on Feb 2, 09 11:43 PM
The problem I'm having is that the game freezes when I try to go back to Witch Island. I saw at least one other post noting the same problem.

I sent an email to customer service and I hope they'll have a fix for the problem.

I've bought many, many, games from BFG and this is only the second one with which I've had technical problems. I'm confident they'll handle the problems we've had and make it right one way or another.

jsj1231
Starfish
Starfish
40 Posts

[Post New]by jsj1231 on Feb 4, 09 1:10 AM
my only problem has been with trying to get back to Yeti Island. Knew I needed swimming ability to get to some areas, now that i can swim, it creshes only on Yeti. Any clues to what to do?

tmsjava
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by tmsjava on Feb 5, 09 5:22 AM
My only problem is that I can't start a game mid-level. It's always "paused" and it won't come out of it no matter what I click or press. So now I'm just stuck. And I can't go back to a previous island I've done....it's the same....paused. All tech support asked for so far is my dxdiag txt.......I see where this is gonna go.

T.

tmsjava
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by tmsjava on Feb 5, 09 7:50 AM
This game sucks. I tried to go back and continue a different island, because the cradle of the north was "paused" and I couldn't get it to unpause. The older island paused too, and I couldn't play that either. So now I went back to cradle of the north and it totally deleted everything....and I have to start completely over. And now I forgot which pedestal goes where. I was almost done before....just had to find the last 2 crystals....and that was it. I had placed all the pedestals except the monkey, which i'd found, but was waiting to find the last 2 crystals for the other idol.

Oh man.....this sucks. I want my money back.

T.

[Post New]by Retrobabble on Feb 5, 09 2:26 PM
Ok, the solution for me was to remove and re-install the game and start from scratch. Bug problem solved.

Edited on 02/05/2009 at 2:26:54 PM PST

tmsjava
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by tmsjava on Feb 5, 09 4:10 PM
Well I had to restart Cradle of the North but I got it. Then I did mist island and scorched. Now I tried to start the next one, volcano island, but it says it's paused and I didn't even leave it mid-level...I was starting it new! Grrrr.....well, they claim my the game isn't compatible with my video card, which is very good...so I don't know.

T.

Go to: