bfgRhone
Manatee
Manatee
4,302 Posts

Reviews for Coronation Street: Mystery of the Missing Hotpot Recipe

[Post New]by bfgRhone on Jun 4, 12 12:35 AM
Hi Fishies!

What do you think of Coronation Street: Mystery of the Missing Hotpot Recipe? We’d love to hear all about it, together with many of the other Fishies in our pond! You can now share your review on our website, just pop over to the Coronation Street: Mystery of the Missing Hotpot Recipe page here.

Unsure how to submit a review? Please check our help article Big Fish Game Reviews for more information.

After sharing your review on our website, please feel free to repost your review in this thread!

Remember, a lot of Fishies that will be reading your review will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include the words SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post .

To help other players get the most out of your review, you could add a note stating if you played the trial or full version and how far you have gotten in the game.

If you’re experiencing technical issues with this game, be sure to swim over to the support thread dedicated to the game here.

**If you are seeking game help, the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the Game Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion'!

Happy gaming!

bfgRhone

Edited on 06/04/2012 at 2:55:05 AM PST

bfgRhone
Manatee
Manatee
4,302 Posts

Re:Reviews for Coronation Street: Mystery of the Missing Hotpot Recipe

[Post New]by bfgRhone on Jun 4, 12 12:35 AM
Hi Fishies,

Just to add to the OP: This thread has been reserved for reviews only. If you have any comments or questions about someone else’s review (even if you feel that their review contains incorrect details about this game) please contact that user directly via PM instead of replying to or quoting their post.

While the reviews in this thread are first and foremost helpful to other players, they also tell us and all who were involved in making this game what you liked/disliked most, what you’d like to see more/less of in future games, etc. (As you could imagine, this feedback is very helpful! )

So to make sure that everyone who visits this thread can easily find the reviews that they’re looking for, the Moderation Team will be proactively removing any off-topic posts (i.e. non-reviews) that pop up in this thread.

For any comments and non-review posts, please feel free to create a "Comments" thread in this Game Forum if there isn't one already. You can always create a new thread for any game questions or tips.

Thank you!

bfgRhone

Sadeyed
Starfish
Starfish
40 Posts

[Post New]by Sadeyed on Jun 4, 12 1:03 AM
Absolutely dreadful game. Those of you across the pond must be wondering what all this is about. Coronation Street is one of the top British Soaps, and the characters and locations in this are are all from the series.

Mainly hog scenes and extremely bad ones. Objects you can barely see badly drawn onto an existing background, some you can't see at all.

I lasted about 15 mins then deleted.

It's amateurish and totally unenjoyable.

[Post New]by WolfenRaindancer on Jun 4, 12 1:12 AM
I totally agree. Unskippable, inane dialogue, bad hog scenes, some items so tiny as to be nonexistant, some so hidden behind others that you would never guess what they are, others just so in your face huge, that you still don't see them, lol. And a guitar looking thing that was a trolley? Simply an awful game. No buy for me, once again. And I am still a hog addict...but even I have my standards

CasualGran
Herring
Herring
324 Posts

[Post New]by CasualGran on Jun 4, 12 1:15 AM
Tried but no, thanks. I can't skip all the talking, the objects are too difficult to find because of the junkpile-style and some are so small I can't find them at all.

Could be a game for the Coronation Street fans, but I'm not buying this straight HOG in oldfashoined style.

Edited on 06/04/2012 at 1:16:52 AM PST

gamergirl675
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,156 Posts

[Post New]by gamergirl675 on Jun 4, 12 1:44 AM
O.M.G. What exactly was that?!?! And here I thought yesterdays game was bad... well... if big fish is having a contest for worst game ever I think this one is a contender.

Asinine boring dialogue... junkpile H0 scenes... static photos of cheesy grinning people... all set to repetitive annoying music... and of course for a game of this *cough* quality *cough* it's to be expected that there is no widescreen... no thanks. (I need some extra thumbs for this..)

But then again... thanks for saving me money and for forcing me to study for my finals.

sleuven
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by sleuven on Jun 4, 12 1:46 AM
Sadeyed wrote:Absolutely dreadful game. Those of you across the pond must be wondering what all this is about. Coronation Street is one of the top British Soaps, and the characters and locations in this are are all from the series.

Mainly hog scenes and extremely bad ones. Objects you can barely see badly drawn onto an existing background, some you can't see at all.

I lasted about 15 mins then deleted.

It's amateurish and totally unenjoyable.

Unfortunately I totally agree with the above - it's a definite no buy for me

peglegann
Stingray
Stingray
5,174 Posts

[Post New]by peglegann on Jun 4, 12 1:46 AM
I hope that this will be considered a review, as I have copied it from the comments thread.

This game was originally released in July 2011. Also, it is on sale at a lot of places, which makes me wonder why is is the TGT?
I have tried it, as I am an avid fan of this soap but this game is terrible!
Junk pile HOS, when you use the hint, part of the theme music plays as well as showing you where an object is.
Seems to be a straight HOG and not a very good one.
Graphics are extremely clear but of no use because some of the items are so well blended or too small to find.
I am sorry to say, that this is about the worst game I have come across in a very long time. Which is a shame, as I do enjoy the programme.

cherbtoo
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
22,629 Posts

[Post New]by cherbtoo on Jun 4, 12 2:07 AM
Pros ...

* Authentic theme tune from the show.
* Authentic settings.
* Authentic characters.
* Has a Freeplay Mode.
* No click penalty in the hidden object scenes
* Hint recharge rate not too bad at 45 seconds
* There is a bit of variety in that in the garage for example you have to find a number of the same items eg 5 wrenches, 3 clamps sort of thing.
* I think it might play in wide screen because I couldn't see the complete items on the edges on my 'square' monitor and thus didn't recognise them.
* There was a pipe puzzle which was the only part of the game I really enjoyed.

Cons ...

* You can skip the text (of which there is quite a lot) but you can't click through it when you read faster than it appears on the scene.
* Junkpile HO scenes with ridiculous items that have no place in the scene such as a construction light, miner's helment and a plastic shark on the bar of the Rovers Return pub and a barrel with a dead fish in the Kabin newsagents. I know we don't normally take notice of things like this but they just looked really wrong in this particular game.
* There are no interactive elements to the HO scenes so are not interesting to do.
* Some of the items in the HO scenes are enormous, some are small and some have been really faded into the background so they are not easy to spot.
* Seeing the characters standing there with permanent grins just didn't look right.
* I defy anyone to find the piece of recipe in the first scene without using the hint and I only found it in the garage by looking for the same shaped piece ... Betty was very neat and tidy when she ripped the recipe up .

Sorry devs this game just isn't for me.

Cherb

sinshack
Flounder
Flounder
2,150 Posts

[Post New]by sinshack on Jun 4, 12 3:02 AM
Give this a try for yourself, but be prepared. It's not the tiny objects that I mind so much, or the objects that are nearly totally hidden behind something else (like the broom that only has half of the handle showing, and that was the same color as the door frame it was leaning against.) No, what did it for me was scene after scene with half the hidden objects barely ghost images, almost like a foggy film instead of actual objects.

At least you can skip the dialog, but when you also want to skip the HO scenes that doesn't leave much game, does it?

ETA, Cherb, widescreen doesn't give you any advantages. All you get are extremely wide brick walls on either side of the screen.

And I did play the entire demo, hoping the scenes would get easier (sometimes you "learn" the game style enough to spot items easier) but instead of getting easier to spot the items, they portions of the items showing got smaller or the see-through quality got worse. For one can opener, for example, all that was visible was about 1/3 of the turning handle.

Edited on 06/04/2012 at 3:09:20 AM PST

sunnyglow
Clownfish
Clownfish
804 Posts

[Post New]by sunnyglow on Jun 4, 12 3:15 AM
Running out of games, BF? Don't get it. Believe must be for those who are British celebrating the Queen's Diamond Jubilee. Otherwise, why are we getting two losers in a row? Geesh!

Moto26261
Starfish
Starfish
43 Posts

[Post New]by Moto26261 on Jun 4, 12 3:17 AM
This is mainly a straight hidden Object game and a poorly done one at that. The objects are barely visible and that's the good ones, the rest are actually invisible. As for the subject matter..... NO NO NO NO NO...I am actually embarrassed to be English! Who on earth thought a game about Coronation Street would be a good idea? And to release it during the Queen's Diamond Jubilee, shameful! BFG, surely this has to be a bad joke @ our expense? (walking away blushing,head down and cringing ......)

Nortank
Lobster
Lobster
86 Posts

[Post New]by Nortank on Jun 4, 12 3:27 AM
Unbelievably tiny objects! Like the drill bit?!!! 15 minutes was more than enough. Bummer with 2 lousy games in 2 days.

manticore
Squid
Squid
67 Posts

[Post New]by manticore on Jun 4, 12 3:53 AM
O dear . This has to be one of the worst games I've ever played! Such a shame, cos it COULD have been SO good - you've really missed a golden opportunity here, devs.....with the following that Corrie has, you could have retired on this, if you'd put some effort into it!
As everyone else has said - old-fashioned, static hog, poor graphics, teeny-weeny objects - I gave up after 20 minutes

bratzgram
Clownfish
Clownfish
634 Posts

[Post New]by bratzgram on Jun 4, 12 4:37 AM
It seems that the last few TGT offers were found in some old archive!

No voice overs and conversation that has no meaning at all.

The hidden object scenes were terrible. Many items were nothing but a shadow on a wall that was impossible to see. Definitely made by an English dev. Terms were used that aren't used here in the U.S.

The mini games are very easy.

Sorry not even at a DD price for me.

saphhire
Herring
Herring
329 Posts

[Post New]by saphhire on Jun 4, 12 5:09 AM
Lucky BF lets us demo our games for this one would hold up all their phones demanding their money back this is horrid BF stop letting these (can't call them games) losers go pass you............are you getting so hard up for games that you will let anything be released by you I can make a better game then this and I can't even find my on button on my puter THIS IS A NO BUY FOR ME I even gave yesterdays game a better review then this********fill in the asssterrrriccs yourself HORRID HORRID HORRID better put my opinion

flowerchild44
Marlin
Marlin
8,348 Posts

[Post New]by flowerchild44 on Jun 4, 12 5:22 AM
well i am glad I have a few unfinished games to occupy me, because the last two days offers have been awful, this is a big no buy for me,

pubprof
Guppy
Guppy
131 Posts

[Post New]by pubprof on Jun 4, 12 5:28 AM
It's really sad when the most exciting moment in this game was when I hit the exit button. I do like a challenge when searching for HOs, but this was a little ridiculous. At least there was no penalty for clicking because that is how I found most of the objects -- random cllicking. The 3 or 4 puzzles I worked were very easy -- no real challenge at all.

We really need a super fun and challenging ihog. I hope we have one coming tomorrow. Please!!!

ladygem6
Herring
Herring
391 Posts

[Post New]by ladygem6 on Jun 4, 12 7:02 AM
I think I might be in competion for the fewest minutes played at nine. This game is just awful.....worse than yesterdays. I am really surprised that BF is offering these sub standard games. I am not a fan of real life pictures and objects, and these objects are extremely hard to locate as some are very small. The story is silly and so are the looks on most of the players faces. Don't know about the music as I didn't turn that on.

Not a buy for me at all, I'm afraid. Sincerely hope this weeks offers are of a much higher caliber.

gem in OKC

Annie1115
Starfish
Starfish
50 Posts

[Post New]by Annie1115 on Jun 4, 12 9:21 AM
If I were a producer of Coronation Street I'd want this game pulled and all evidence of it's existence incinerated. I love this show and I sooo wanted to enjoy the game. Unfortunately, not so much. Not at all really. Nope not buying.

Go to: