shadowfax44
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
21,885 Posts

Comments for Coronation Street: Mystery of the Missing Hotpot Recipe

[Post New]by shadowfax44 on Jun 4, 12 1:11 AM
Hello everyone. Comments? Opinions? Post here!

peglegann
Stingray
Stingray
5,174 Posts

Re:Comments for Coronation Street: Mystery of the Missing Hotpot Recipe

[Post New]by peglegann on Jun 4, 12 1:43 AM
Morning again shadowfax
This game was originally released in July 2011. Also, it is on sale at a lot of places, which makes me wonder why is is the TGT?
I have tried it, as I am an avid fan of this soap but this game is terrible!
Junk pile HOS, when you use the hint, part of the theme music plays as well as showing you where an object is.
Seems to be a straight HOG and not a very good one.
Graphics are extremely clear but of no use because some of the items are so well blended or too small to find.
I am sorry to say, that this is about the worst game I have come across in a very long time.

gamergirl675
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,156 Posts

[Post New]by gamergirl675 on Jun 4, 12 1:47 AM
What is with the old games being released as the TGT?? Me thinks someone is on vacation at big fish and the mailroom kid is filling in... or well he WAS the mailroom kid... poor guy will be looking for work soon after this and yesterdays fiasco they called games.

[Post New]by dobbiemijnboekje on Jun 4, 12 2:01 AM
gamergirl675 wrote:What is with the old games being released as the TGT?? Me thinks someone is on vacation at big fish and the mailroom kid is filling in... or well he WAS the mailroom kid... poor guy will be looking for work soon after this and yesterdays fiasco they called games.
You are right!!! It's holliday time.

luvmigame
Minnow
Minnow
251 Posts

[Post New]by luvmigame on Jun 4, 12 2:27 AM
What have we done to deserve this? I thought we had always been good little Fishies. This game is as bad or worse than yesterday's TGT. I lasted 23 minutes and headed for the uninstall button. During that sad 23 minutes I found junk pile HOGs (tiny objects) and two mini-games. Terrible story line. No voice over. No cut scenes. Nothing moves. All the scenes just sit there. Someone mentioned yesterday that the person responsible for letting yesterday's game loose on us should be sent to "the janitorial services". Today someone is suggesting that the "mailroom kid" is responsible for today's debacle. What's going on!? Hmm...maybe the newspaper is here. Yet again today, thanks BFG, but no thanks.

LadyLark
Minnow
Minnow
285 Posts

[Post New]by LadyLark on Jun 4, 12 2:44 AM
Maybe they held onto it for a year awaiting the Queen's Diamond Jubilee to release in her honor. We are not amused and send to the tower to cool his fins 'til he comes to his senses! Keep this up and it's into the hotpot with him.

Laflamme
Stingray
Stingray
4,512 Posts

[Post New]by Laflamme on Jun 4, 12 3:46 AM
I know that Coronation Street is a UK Soap, quite long running, but I have never seen a single episode. Therefore I am not even familiar with the characters. Consequently I will take a pass since I guess you will have to be into the show to get the whole experience - just like the Lost Adventure game. Now if they made such a game about the "Lindenstraße"...

barbee44
Clownfish
Clownfish
667 Posts

[Post New]by barbee44 on Jun 4, 12 3:55 AM
I was so excited when I saw this game... I've been a Corrie fan for 20 years now. Was going to buy it despite it being a regular HOG.... but alas.... it's awful. Darn it. Such an excellent idea, too bad it wasn't done right or well.

I'm on the US side of the pond but live close to Canada and we can pick up Coronation Street here.

Hazel53Xby
Starfish
Starfish
44 Posts

[Post New]by Hazel53Xby on Jun 4, 12 4:09 AM
I agree with all of the other fishies. Great idea. Nice to see the characters but the game isreally really awful. Junk pile HOG with no redeeming fixtures.
Sorry but it is a no from me.
Love to all this bank holiday
Hazel53by

Janie42
Clownfish
Clownfish
598 Posts

[Post New]by Janie42 on Jun 4, 12 4:32 AM
barbee44 wrote:I was so excited when I saw this game... I've been a Corrie fan for 20 years now. Was going to buy it despite it being a regular HOG.... but alas.... it's awful. Darn it. Such an excellent idea, too bad it wasn't done right or well.

I'm on the US side of the pond but live close to Canada and we can pick up Coronation Street here.
Indeed, we Canadians love Coronation Street !
Agree 100% with your comments on the game, too. Sad...

Jixio
Lobster
Lobster
89 Posts

[Post New]by Jixio on Jun 4, 12 4:53 AM
In the right hands this could have been a really great, fun game. In this form it is fun only in that it is hilariously bad.

Rachieroos
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,039 Posts

[Post New]by Rachieroos on Jun 4, 12 4:57 AM
I really can't even bring myself to try this game. It sounds awful

Whatever next? An Eastenders game? Emmerdale in the hunt for the missing sheep?!

(I don't watch any of the soaps anyway so wouldn't have a clue who was who. Well I know who Ken Barlow is but his personal life is WAAAAAAAAAAY more interesting 1000 lovers and counting. Ugh.)

barbaralbb
Guppy
Guppy
177 Posts

[Post New]by barbaralbb on Jun 4, 12 5:41 AM
A fishie on the Review thread said "The best part of this game was hitting the exit button"..... Well, that about sums it up!

I'd add that the excitement of "exit" is only exceeded by "uninstall".

[Post New]by gamineannie on Jun 4, 12 5:44 AM
Well, two days in a row I've been happy to see something that doesn't look like the same dark, demonic same old thing. Only to find from the reviews and comments that they are apparently complete duds. Guess I'll save time by not bothering to download either of these and hang on to my half-price coupons for a while longer. Seems to be a case of being careful of what I ask for....

joyce2121
Manatee
Manatee
4,490 Posts

[Post New]by joyce2121 on Jun 4, 12 5:59 AM
LadyLark wrote:Maybe they held onto it for a year awaiting the Queen's Diamond Jubilee to release in her honor. We are not amused and send to the tower to cool his fins 'til he comes to his senses! Keep this up and it's into the hotpot with him.[/quote]

Should not have been drinking coffee when I read this! Oh well,
monitor can always use a good cleaning. Thank you,
LadyLark

[Post New]by dobbiemijnboekje on Jun 4, 12 6:16 AM
joyce2121 wrote:
LadyLark wrote:Maybe they held onto it for a year awaiting the Queen's Diamond Jubilee to release in her honor. We are not amused and send to the tower to cool his fins 'til he comes to his senses! Keep this up and it's into the hotpot with him.[/quote]

Should not have been drinking coffee when I read this! Oh well,
monitor can always use a good cleaning. Thank you,
LadyLark

Micha1234
Clownfish
Clownfish
910 Posts

[Post New]by Micha1234 on Jun 4, 12 6:23 AM
I lasted exactly 10 minutes....that's all I could take of this.

If this isn't junk pile then I don't know what is. How much can you stuff into one scene and then make it either tiny or totally blended or hidden by other objects.......really????

I don't remember the last time I did this - I turned the music off right from the start, it was so annoying. Usually I can tune it out but this one.......

Oh and it would be nice if the skip button for the dialog would work the first time I click on it.

Developers......don't quit your day job.

catathang
Guppy
Guppy
188 Posts

[Post New]by catathang on Jun 4, 12 6:31 AM
Good Morning Fishies This is a show I watch every Sunday, so I was so happy when I saw a game of it. This however changed very quickly! I am not a spring chicken anymore so my eyesight is not what it used to be. This was a problem for me. The HOGS were SO small, and the list was even smaller. I could hardly make out the list. BF, please remember this, as not all your fans are young chicks.

darksprires
Squid
Squid
77 Posts

[Post New]by darksprires on Jun 4, 12 7:09 AM
Well that is my little morning treat wrecked. I didn't even bother to down load the thing, I came here first and was that ever a justified decision! So, not only is the story based on some dismal, red-neck Brit soap, but apparently it is badly done, if all the little fishies who watch that show can't stand the game.

This was a no buy for me the moment I saw the title. I like the adventure and the mystery tales, not the plodding and pedantic. I have to wonder if the game morphed into being as a result of failed imagination on the part of the developers. Who wants to play a game based on a soap? Ugh.

And when is someone going to release a new FROG? I note the comment about the junk piles in HOGS, which are very true, especially recently. I would also point out that there aren't any junk piles in FROGS. They are much more aritist.

mhatfie
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,447 Posts

[Post New]by mhatfie on Jun 4, 12 7:12 AM
Now that someone has scraped the bottom of the barrel, it can only get better from here..................right?

Go to: