Momhart
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,296 Posts

Downloading

[Post New]by Momhart on Feb 2, 09 6:58 AM
I have the WORST time downloading from this site!!!! I have to PAUSE and RESUME over and over again just to get the trials to fully download!! I've been trying to download this game since 8 this morning. It is now 9:50 and only 27% is complete!! I seriously don't have the time to sit here EVERY morning Pausing and Resuming just to check out the game for the day!!

Am I the only one having this problem?? I contacted CS a few weeks ago. They tried to help, but, I'm STILL having this problem.

I really love BF, but, I'm starting to think I'll have to go somewhere else for my games.

lauder
Herring
Herring
358 Posts

Re:Downloading

[Post New]by lauder on Feb 2, 09 7:28 AM
when I first downloaded it, it didn't do anything then after a while the screen turned black and I went to make coffee when I came back game was playing, trust me after 35 minutes I uninstalled game it was very boring and the same old things over and over.

trembly6
Squid
Squid
73 Posts

[Post New]by trembly6 on Feb 2, 09 7:46 AM
I use to have the same problem. How old is the computer? Alot of the new games are using a different new graphic and if your computer is over a year old you will have major issues. I actually had my computer crash last year because of this. Consider taking it in and upgrading the vidoe and graphic cards. Updating them might work for a short time.

Sorry can't spell this morning.

Edited on 02/02/2009 at 7:47:42 AM PST

Momhart
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,296 Posts

[Post New]by Momhart on Feb 2, 09 7:55 AM
trembly6 wrote:I use to have the same problem. How old is the computer? Alot of the new games are using a different new graphic and if your computer is over a year old you will have major issues. I actually had my computer crash last year because of this. Consider taking it in and upgrading the vidoe and graphic cards. Updating them might work for a short time.

Sorry can't spell this morning.

I had a new video card put in less than a year ago. I didn't start having problems until about 6 weeks ago. Every once in a while, a game downloads with no problem. It seems 9 out of 10 downloads will start out fast. Then, it'll slow down until it stops completely. I'll pause and resume and it goes fast again for about 500KBs, then stops. I have to do this for hours just to get the trial. I have NO problem playing the games once they download. If the same game is offered from another site.....I have NO PROBLEMS with the download. It's only BF.

Momhart
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,296 Posts

Downloading

[Post New]by Momhart on Feb 2, 09 8:31 AM
Momhart wrote:I have the WORST time downloading from this site!!!! I have to PAUSE and RESUME over and over again just to get the trials to fully download!! I've been trying to download this game since 8 this morning. It is now 9:50 and only 27% is complete!! I seriously don't have the time to sit here EVERY morning Pausing and Resuming just to check out the game for the day!!

Am I the only one having this problem?? I contacted CS a few weeks ago. They tried to help, but, I'm STILL having this problem.

I really love BF, but, I'm starting to think I'll have to go somewhere else for my games.

11:30 and I FINALLY finished downloading!! SHEESH!!!

woodentot
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,391 Posts

[Post New]by woodentot on Feb 2, 09 12:53 PM
Hi Momhart
I hope after all the hasle you had downloading this game, you think it was worth it. This game must have the WORST review ever given to a HOG. I hope Big Fish read the forums.

[Post New]by Ohtabbykat on Feb 2, 09 1:00 PM
When I downloaded and went to play it...all I got was a distorted screen...all scrambed up. Couldn't play it. Just wondering if there is a bug problem with this game. I've contacted support about it, but havent' heard back yet. I hope it gets fixed.

Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
8 Posts

[Post New]by 1385 on Feb 2, 09 1:21 PM
Help! I was able to download however when I try to play the game I get a message that the game is already running. I have uninstalled the game two times. Now I wasted a purchase on this game. Anyone else having a problem?

[Post New]by mrsbutchiebear on Feb 2, 09 1:26 PM
I also got a distorted screen when I downloaded. I uninstalled, then installed again and it was fine, except my curser floated all over the place. I got into the game and the curser was ok, but the game is very boring, so after about 20 minutes, I uninstalled the game again. It looked promising, but not worth the effort.

Momhart
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,296 Posts

[Post New]by Momhart on Feb 2, 09 3:15 PM
Yeah.....the game did suck, but, I like to find out on my own. I loved some of the games that everyone hated.

I got the black screen in the beginning....then the scrambled screen......then it played okay....until the trial ran out. I couldn't get it to stop. Once the task manager finally shut it down, I uninstalled it right away and my puter has been acting up since. I had to reboot 3 times since because it kept freezing..

I trust BF, but, I think I'm going to scan my computer.

Guppy Hugs.

[Post New]by nikkisgramma on Feb 2, 09 5:34 PM
I have not been able to download where I can play this game. When I open game it is a scramble of colors , no pictures . Trying one last time then deleted for good.

Momhart
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,296 Posts

[Post New]by Momhart on Feb 3, 09 5:22 AM
nikkisgramma wrote:I have not been able to download where I can play this game. When I open game it is a scramble of colors , no pictures . Trying one last time then deleted for good.

That seems to be the main complaint in the pond at the moment.

bfgErie
Catfish
Catfish
1,538 Posts

[Post New]by bfgErie on Feb 3, 09 10:56 AM
I'm sorry to hear that you are having trouble with the graphics in this game. It may help to update a few programs on your computer like directx or your video card drivers. We have a great article on our help pages that explains how to go about doing that. Here's a link:

Help My Games Run Better

If you are still having problems, I would recommend getting in touch with our Customer Support department. You can contact our support team by clicking here or by clicking on the "We're Here to Help!" link at the right of this page.

Thanks for coming to the forums!

bfgErie

Go to: