bfgRhone
Manatee
Manatee
4,302 Posts

Reviews for Running Sheep: Tiny Worlds

[Post New]by bfgRhone on Jun 5, 12 1:14 AM
Hi Fishies!

What do you think of Running Sheep: Tiny Worlds? We’d love to hear all about it, together with many of the other Fishies in our pond! You can now share your review on our website, just pop over to the Running Sheep: Tiny Worlds page here.

Unsure how to submit a review? Please check our help article Big Fish Game Reviews for more information.

After sharing your review on our website, please feel free to repost your review in this thread!

Remember, a lot of Fishies that will be reading your review will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include the words SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post .

To help other players get the most out of your review, you could add a note stating if you played the trial or full version and how far you have gotten in the game.

If you’re experiencing technical issues with this game, be sure to swim over to the support thread dedicated to the game here.

**If you are seeking game help, the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the Game Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion'!

Happy gaming!

bfgRhone

bfgRhone
Manatee
Manatee
4,302 Posts

Re:Reviews for Running Sheep: Tiny Worlds

[Post New]by bfgRhone on Jun 5, 12 1:15 AM
Hi Fishies,

Just to add to the OP: This thread has been reserved for reviews only. If you have any comments or questions about someone else’s review (even if you feel that their review contains incorrect details about this game) please contact that user directly via PM instead of replying to or quoting their post.

While the reviews in this thread are first and foremost helpful to other players, they also tell us and all who were involved in making this game what you liked/disliked most, what you’d like to see more/less of in future games, etc. (As you could imagine, this feedback is very helpful! )

So to make sure that everyone who visits this thread can easily find the reviews that they’re looking for, the Moderation Team will be proactively removing any off-topic posts (i.e. non-reviews) that pop up in this thread.

For any comments and non-review posts, please feel free to create a "Comments" thread in this Game Forum if there isn't one already. You can always create a new thread for any game questions or tips.

Thank you!

bfgRhone

CasualGran
Herring
Herring
324 Posts

[Post New]by CasualGran on Jun 5, 12 2:35 AM
This little game looked cute, so I tried the demo. And you know what? It IS cute and fun and very colourful. But will I buy it? NO. And why not?

Because it is TIMED! And no option to make it relaxed.

So... have to pass on this one. Real pity.

Edited on 06/05/2012 at 2:36:09 AM PST

cherbtoo
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
22,629 Posts

[Post New]by cherbtoo on Jun 5, 12 2:49 AM
This is a cute little game whereby you have to get your sheep home safely (although it looks more like a henhouse to me and the sheep run around like headless chucks until you give them a direction to go in ) by placing blue background arrows to show them the route to take however the number of arrows are limited so you have to use them wisely.

Along the way you have to collect coins while avoiding holes in the ground, s and checking whether the game placed red background arrows are helpful or a hindrance. They are the only obstacles that I have come across so far in the 10 levels that I have played but I am sure there are bound to be more in later levels.

The score you get varies as to whether to lose any sheep or miss coins etc but there is no map showing all the levels and where you have got gold, silver or bronze so if you want to replay a level you have to do it there and then or use the scroll arrows to go back with. When you do scroll back there is a picure showing the exact layout of that level and it has a pink, blue or green ribbon telling you what you achieved on that level.

A quite fun to play game .

Cherb

ETA ...

Having just seen CasualGran's comment I went back and deliberately let the time run out and she is right ...

you cannot advance if you don't complete the level within the alloted time

Phew! thanks goodness I saw her post before I bought the game which I was just about to do after posting my review.

NO BUY unless there is a Relaxed Mode added.

ETA 2 ...

For those that like timed games a little tip ... highlight below to read

You can remove and reuse your arrows once the sheep have passed that point

Edited on 06/05/2012 at 3:07:11 AM PST

peutetre
Clownfish
Clownfish
883 Posts

[Post New]by peutetre on Jun 5, 12 3:01 AM
This game is similar to an older game, Sheep Quest. The controls take a while to get used to--after you place an arrow, you have to drag it to point in the direction you'd like the sheep to go. If you're not used to it, you could send a sheep down a hole

As mentioned above, your score is based on getting all the sheep home safely and collecting coins along the way. You can replay levels immediately or later although there isn't an overall "map". Rather, you have to scroll through a menu of levels to replay a specific one.

There's quite a variety of scenarios that require careful planning to complete. While it's clever, I'm still on the fence about this one.

[Post New]by WolfenRaindancer on Jun 5, 12 3:41 AM
I downloaded it and was going to try it, but I don't do timers. Uninstalling as we speak.

pubprof
Guppy
Guppy
131 Posts

[Post New]by pubprof on Jun 5, 12 6:02 AM

Edited on 06/05/2012 at 5:20:24 PM PST

[Post New]by Classicaljazz on Jun 5, 12 6:43 AM

Edited on 06/05/2012 at 5:25:54 PM PST

rainice
Minnow
Minnow
293 Posts

[Post New]by rainice on Jun 5, 12 8:19 AM

Edited on 06/05/2012 at 5:19:12 PM PST

Alrydian
Minnow
Minnow
221 Posts

[Post New]by Alrydian on Jun 5, 12 8:22 AM

Edited on 06/05/2012 at 5:17:26 PM PST

textrekkie
Shark
Shark
13,265 Posts

[Post New]by textrekkie on Jun 5, 12 8:27 AM
Well, I have to confess that I demoed it and absolutely love it. I'm a sucker for this type of puzzle game and the timer makes it like a TM, so it's a double pleasure for me!

It was love at first trial! The sheep and wolves were just too cute to pass up.

My first game purchase since my surgery - I'm baaaaa-ck!

keeliesnanna
Squid
Squid
61 Posts

[Post New]by keeliesnanna on Jun 5, 12 9:03 AM

Edited on 06/05/2012 at 5:13:06 PM PST

mtvoyager
Herring
Herring
318 Posts

[Post New]by mtvoyager on Jun 5, 12 9:16 AM
I agree with the others who want an untimed option. I like some time management games, but this is a strategy game and really doesn't need to be timed. So it would be nice to have the option because I'm sure there are those out there that prefer timed. Also I kind of struggled with controlling the pointers. I would prefer ones that click instead of drag. But that's just me, maybe others don't struggle as much with that feature.

sartasia
Stingray
Stingray
4,581 Posts

[Post New]by sartasia on Jun 5, 12 2:48 PM
Cute game. Bright clear graphics. Simple but entertaining concept. Though I too am not a fan of timed games the timer on this is generous enough to not be a bother. My only complaint is that I did 39 levels in the trial period which leaves me to wonder how many levels there are in total?

Welcome back Tex!!! Good game to come back to...

Edited to add: DUHHHHH
Just noticed on the Try/Buy splash page that it has 250 levels. I missed the obvious...
~~~~~ Off to buy!

Happy Gaming

Edited on 06/05/2012 at 3:10:40 PM PST

peutetre
Clownfish
Clownfish
883 Posts

[Post New]by peutetre on Jun 5, 12 3:58 PM
I've played 40 plus levels so far. The first 30 or so are easy enough to finish without much of a problem. Then they get tough--really tough. You can't skip a level so you just have to keep hacking away, trying to keep at least one sheep alive to finish a level. I may be back for help so I hope enough people can crack this game to lend a hand!

MEnr56
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,984 Posts

[Post New]by MEnr56 on Jun 5, 12 4:07 PM

Edited on 06/05/2012 at 5:25:42 PM PST

lisablue4369
Flounder
Flounder
2,105 Posts

[Post New]by lisablue4369 on Jun 5, 12 6:04 PM
we do not care for timed games.---------------doug & lisa

mlogan
Starfish
Starfish
41 Posts

[Post New]by mlogan on Jun 6, 12 9:52 AM
I downloaded the trial but seriously doubt I will be buying the game.

The things I liked about it:
- I like the puzzles, though so far none have been too challenging, but reading that there are 250 levels, I would assume they get more challenging.
- The graphics are adorable.
- The music is fun, though perhaps a bit annoying after a while.
- I like the timed aspect, more of a challenge.

What I don't like:
(And it's possible I missed something in the tutorial levels, but I don't think so.)
- It never clearly states what color of ribbon is what. I assume blue is "1st", purple(pink?) is "2nd" and green is "3rd", but if it tells you that, I missed it.
- It never tells you what you need to do to accomplish the best (blue?) ribbon. There is a timer for the level, but it doesn't tell you how fast you need to solve the level in order to get blue. This is really frustrating. I kept replaying a level to see if I could get from blue to pink, but could never figure out what I needed to do to make that happen.

This last point is a big gripe for me and why I likely will not be buying this game.

peutetre
Clownfish
Clownfish
883 Posts

[Post New]by peutetre on Jun 6, 12 3:15 PM
mlogan wrote:I downloaded the trial but seriously doubt I will be buying the game.

The things I liked about it:
- I like the puzzles, though so far none have been too challenging, but reading that there are 250 levels, I would assume they get more challenging.
- The graphics are adorable.
- The music is fun, though perhaps a bit annoying after a while.
- I like the timed aspect, more of a challenge.

What I don't like:
(And it's possible I missed something in the tutorial levels, but I don't think so.)
- It never clearly states what color of ribbon is what. I assume blue is "1st", purple(pink?) is "2nd" and green is "3rd", but if it tells you that, I missed it.
- It never tells you what you need to do to accomplish the best (blue?) ribbon. There is a timer for the level, but it doesn't tell you how fast you need to solve the level in order to get blue. This is really frustrating. I kept replaying a level to see if I could get from blue to pink, but could never figure out what I needed to do to make that happen.

This last point is a big gripe for me and why I likely will not be buying this game.

The kicker with the colors is that none of them depend on time (as near as I can tell). The difference appears to be whether you collect everything on a level. Lose some sheep, leave some wolves or coins, your score goes down and you don't get the ribbon. I think purple is the best, then blue, then green.

The levels get murderous in the 40s, then get okay again for about 30 levels, then get really hard yet again. I figure it will take me a month to play all of the levels--just to finish them without worrying about the color of my ribbon!

Edited on 06/06/2012 at 6:53:57 PM PST

manysaying
Seahorse
Seahorse
39 Posts

[Post New]by manysaying on Jun 7, 12 1:59 PM
I love this type of game. like bolderdash and Moorhun's adventure. Brain teaser type game although I am stuck on level 96. However I will persist.

Go to: