bfgRhone
Manatee
Manatee
4,302 Posts

Post any Build-a-lot: Fairy Tales technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgRhone on Jun 6, 12 12:42 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a couple of suggested articles that have helped solve some common problems with games in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

*Please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

Re:Post any Build-a-lot: Fairy Tales technical issues here only

[Post New]by NecrosisThanatos on Jun 6, 12 7:22 AM
I just downloaded this game a few minutes ago and the game manager is indicating that my trial time is already up. But I haven't even tried to play it yet!

bfgMonongahela
Manatee
Manatee
4,448 Posts

[Post New]by bfgMonongahela on Jun 6, 12 9:11 AM
Hi NecrosisThanatos,

It sounds like there may have been a little hiccup while the trial version was installing. Please try uninstalling the game using the steps in the help article here. Then download the trial again from the game page and everything should be OK with your trial time.

I hope that helps!

bfgMonongahela

letsdoit
Shark
Shark
10,483 Posts

[Post New]by letsdoit on Jun 6, 12 11:29 AM
I have never had a problem with any of the 'build-a-lot' games...but...this one decided after 3x d/l and hit play...screen half black and other have streaked colored pixels!

I uninstalled every time...cleaned out and deleted all extra 'data apps'...well still not working...so am so so so dissappointed!

kirby2005
Catfish
Catfish
1,697 Posts

[Post New]by kirby2005 on Jun 6, 12 11:49 AM
Let - go into Internet explorer and delete your temp files and clean it up totally, that is a big issue at times. When the temp directory gets full it' screws up programs from installing and uninstalling totally.

Try this and see if it helps, if not come back and let me know or pm me...

Kathy

OBTW go into programs and apps installed in the control panel and see if it's still showing installed in there - if it is , uninstall it.

Edited on 06/06/2012 at 11:50:35 AM PST

bfgSeine
Stingray
Stingray
5,158 Posts

[Post New]by bfgSeine on Jun 6, 12 2:33 PM
Hi letsdoit,

Display problems can also be caused by out of date drivers, or problems with software programs. If you haven't tried already, you can view some troubleshooting steps you can take on our help article here:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

If the recommendations on that help article aren't helping, you can always contact our Tech Support team and they can look into that issue for you.

Hopefully that helps so you can enjoy the game!

bfgSeine

letsdoit
Shark
Shark
10,483 Posts

[Post New]by letsdoit on Jun 6, 12 6:12 PM
THANX... KIRBY... AND ... BFGSEINE....I will be back!

[Post New]by gamefever on Jun 8, 12 12:27 AM
I just downloaded the game and installed. Have only tried to play a couple of levels and suddenly the game just becomes unresponsive to mouse clicks. I can click a hundred times and - nothing. I have to press Esc to get out of the screen and the game.

Playing relaxed mode. Computer is a brand new laptop. No difficulties with other games on this computer so far.

Help!

[Post New]by wastingtime135 on Jun 8, 12 1:25 PM
I have been having the same problem with unresponsiveness. The game "looks" normal but nothing happens when you click anything. It happens if I pause the game or try to restart a level. The only way out is Ctrl Alt Del.
All my drivers are updated. This is really a problem!

And, yes, I've uninstalled multiple times. And emailed tech support and gotten no response

Edited on 06/08/2012 at 7:45:51 PM PST

bfgSeine
Stingray
Stingray
5,158 Posts

[Post New]by bfgSeine on Jun 8, 12 2:18 PM
Hi wastingtime135 and gamefever, have you by chance tried to uninstall, then reinstall the game after that's happened? If not, you can view our help article here showing how to do that, which may help:

Uninstall / Reinstall a Game

If reinstalling the game isn't helping, I would definitely get in touch with our Tech Support team so they can look into that issue further. I also recommend running a Dr. Felix Report for them to have a look at, which will help them determine the cause of that problem.

I hope that helps, and happy gaming!

bfgSeine

letsdoit
Shark
Shark
10,483 Posts

[Post New]by letsdoit on Jun 9, 12 9:18 AM
letsdoit wrote:THANX... KIRBY... AND ... BFGSEINE....I will be back!

I am back...but no good news at all!
Spent the day and it was looooong!..did complete scan on my MSEssentials (3 hrs), 2 x scan on my QuikScan (30 min), Deleted all Internet junk, Deleted all 'hidden' file folders and empty Temp folders, Check my Cdrive for any added software that may have creep in (none), Did a DeFrag (approx 1 r), Tested my Direct 1 hr), Ran a ChkDsk (15 min), Deleted all the History file in 'Favorites'(2 min)...now this is way to much for one game but my 6 month computer is soooooo... Clean it Squeaks!

Already have a DrFelixFix into C/S for another issue...have had great response from the Tech "J"...

So am not sure if I should even be 'obsessed' with this game, but I do like "Fairy Type' games...Hey! sorry BFG this is a first (no joke) I went to dev's site and d/l game and hit play...O! NO!...same screen shot but this time it showed half of my desktop picture and the other half was the 'colorful streaked pixels'...hate going to an unknown website even non-game ones!...Now gotta go and be for the moment! ... and ... Thanks for all suggestions...I remain a BFG 'forever'...

bfgSeine
Stingray
Stingray
5,158 Posts

[Post New]by bfgSeine on Jun 9, 12 10:34 AM
Hi letsdoit,

I'm sorry to hear you're still running into some problems! Since you're in contact with our Tech Support team already, I would recommend letting them know what you've tried so they know what didn't work and what to try next.

Hopefully they'll be able to get that figured out so you can have fun with the game!

bfgSeine

[Post New]by dallasdawn on Jun 9, 12 7:19 PM
i purchased this game a few days ago. plays perfectly. or so i thought. I finished the first campaign plus a couple levels and did save and exit. when i played next, it had not saved the last few levels i had played and started me at the beginning level of campaign 2 again. so just to see i finished the level, saved and exited. closed the game and came back and again it had not saved. I need a fix it for this as i do not have time to sit and finish the whole game in one shot.

bfgMonongahela
Manatee
Manatee
4,448 Posts

[Post New]by bfgMonongahela on Jun 10, 12 10:17 AM
Hi dallasdawn,

It sounds like the computer may need the game to have extra permission or privileges before it will allow it to save information about your progress. So the first thing I'd try is running the game in administrator mode. You can read how to do that in the help article here.

If you try that and your progress is still not being saved correctly, please get in touch with our Tech Support team. They can see if there are other reasons why the game is not being allowed to save your progress and suggest some more specific troubleshooting steps to try.

You can contact them by clicking on the green envelope on the right to get to our Help pages. From there, click "Contact Us" on the left of that screen to submit a support ticket.

If you're a Big Fish Game Club member, you can also connect to Live Chat Support Monday-Friday 7:30am-4:30pm PST.

I hope that helps!

bfgMonongahela

letsdoit
Shark
Shark
10,483 Posts

[Post New]by letsdoit on Jun 10, 12 1:52 PM
bfgSeine wrote:Hi letsdoit,

I'm sorry to hear you're still running into some problems! Since you're in contact with our <a href="http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/144284.page">Tech Support</a> team already, I would recommend letting them know what you've tried so they know what didn't work and what to try next.

Hopefully they'll be able to get that figured out so you can have fun with the game!

bfgSeine

THANKS...so much for helping, will contact C/S...not ready to give up!

[Post New]by limpalong on Jun 10, 12 5:04 PM
When I went from the Swamp levels to the Forest levels there is a glitch where the frog and his dialogue and the character from the forest (don't know what as all I see is frog) are combined together. It is the dialogue from finishing the swamp levels every time and each dialogue after that are all combined. When I quit playing there were 3 dialogues all mixed together with the frog's picture. All other levels were fine. Is this jsut a glitch on my game or has anyone else seen this?

ddhuntress
Starfish
Starfish
54 Posts

[Post New]by ddhuntress on Jun 21, 12 12:08 AM
I'm having the same issues as @gamefever and @wastingtime135 - I cannot play the game using my mouse. Random clicks sometimes work, but I waste too much time waiting for that to happen. Fortunately, I have a touch-screen computer and was able to finish the free trial that way, but it is very awkward and uncomfortable to play the game with my arm raised like that for very long (large desktop monitor).

I've tried uninstalling and re-installing. Went to a different game site (HP/**** Games) and tried downloading there, but had the same exact problem there so I am guessing it's a bug with the developer, rather than specific to BigFish??? Is there a patch or update expected?

Please advise. Frustrating! Have only used free trial and would like to purchase from Big Fish - but, only if the game is working properly!

Thanks, in advance! Eager to get this fixed - LOVE the Build-A-Lot series!!!

Edited on 06/21/2012 at 12:09:37 AM PST

bfgMonongahela
Manatee
Manatee
4,448 Posts

[Post New]by bfgMonongahela on Jun 21, 12 10:47 AM
Hi ddhuntress,

If you get in touch with our Tech Support team, they'll be able to take a look at how the game is running on your computer and see why your mouse might not be registering with the program.

If you go to the post we've created here, you'll find all the info about how to contact them and send in the details of the issue.

Thank you!

bfgMonongahela

[Post New]by bstilley on Jun 21, 12 2:57 PM
I have been playing with no problems. I beat the first 30 levels all with blue ribbons. I beat the Expert campaign but not with all blue ribbons. The Quick Play campaign I have gotten blue ribbons on the first 10 levels. I however cannot play Level 11-20 because they are still locked and I have no idea why or how to unlock them. I have not noticed anyone else having this problem. Am I overlooking something or is the game messed up?

bfgMonongahela
Manatee
Manatee
4,448 Posts

[Post New]by bfgMonongahela on Jun 25, 12 11:25 AM
Hi bstilley,

I'm not seeing any information about this issue being something technical with the game, but you're welcome to write in to our Tech Support if you'd like. To contact them, click on the green envelope on the right to get to our Help pages. From there, click "Contact Us" on the left of that screen to submit a support ticket.

You might also try starting a separate thread asking for specific help on the level your stuck on. The other Fishies in the Pond are really great at offering hints and advice, and I'm sure you'd get some more responses there too.

bfgMonongahela

Go to: