textrekkie
Shark
Shark
13,265 Posts

Comments for Build-a-lot: Fairy Tales

[Post New]by textrekkie on Jun 6, 12 5:13 AM
A place for your comments about the game.

I've never been a big fan of the Build-a-lot games - but I know there are many people who are.

So tell us what you think of the newest one.

hannah57
Clownfish
Clownfish
760 Posts

Re:Comments for Build-a-lot: Fairy Tales

[Post New]by hannah57 on Jun 6, 12 5:44 AM
I played the demo , part of it and quit. I'm not really into building games. It is a cute game with fairies and stuff but not for me, sorry BF.

[Post New]by Classicaljazz on Jun 6, 12 7:09 AM
I don't have many Time Management games in my huge collection of computer games... but I decided to download and try this one because I saw in one of the forum posts that it has a RELAXED mode option. If more Time Management game developers added a RELAXED mode option to their games, I might decide I wanted to purchase more titles in this genre.

Well... as I was typing this post entry, I heard the sound on my computer that tells me the download is complete, so I'm off to try the game.

Classicaljazz

sandhan
Clownfish
Clownfish
919 Posts

[Post New]by sandhan on Jun 6, 12 10:46 AM
How many levels is the "first town" before you're allowed to play the casual mode? Not going to buy if I can't get to that point.

Smallhaven
Rainbowfish
Rainbowfish
42,220 Posts

[Post New]by Smallhaven on Jun 6, 12 2:42 PM
Just an okay game for me in the BAL series. Besides not having a cursor that graphically goes with the game and not the generic white arrow that's offered (not that I could determine), the usage of butterfly's for the fae isn't right. If you're going to use fairy's as the main character of a game... how about using a fairy.

Unsure whether I'll purchase this particular BAL. I'll leave the balance of the demo for tomorrow and see if I can get past the butterfly's and lazy use of a white arrow cursor.

CynthiaV
Minnow
Minnow
255 Posts

[Post New]by CynthiaV on Jun 6, 12 3:30 PM
Smallhaven wrote:Just an okay game for me in the BAL series. Besides not having a cursor that graphically goes with the game and not the generic white arrow that's offered (not that I could determine), the usage of butterfly's for the fae isn't right. If you're going to use fairy's as the main character of a game... how about using a fairy.

Unsure whether I'll purchase this particular BAL. I'll leave the balance of the demo for tomorrow and see if I can get past the butterfly's and lazy use of a white arrow cursor.

Couldn't agree more Smallhaven. There was so much potential with this game that was just never tapped into. The generic white arrow is very difficult to see on the busy background and the butterflies were also a huge disappointment for me. Plus I haven't seen any fairy tale characters other than a dragon that comes and burns up my houses - blech!

Perhaps I haven't played enough of the demo but where are the 3 Little Pigs, Little Red Riding Hood, etc? Sorry devs, this looks like a pass for me...

janinewhite
Squid
Squid
63 Posts

[Post New]by janinewhite on Jun 7, 12 6:13 PM
I was bored by Level 4. I agree with previous comments about missing out on some cool and fun potential. I am usually happy with the Build A Lot games but they produced only a so-so game here.

[Post New]by BettyinAthensAL on Jun 7, 12 6:56 PM
Why don't the game have an option for a regular cursor? Will not even play trial since there is not a cursor.

Lavender101
Guppy
Guppy
165 Posts

[Post New]by Lavender101 on Jun 9, 12 6:24 PM
I just want to say, I think the frog is cute! I feel sorry for him because no one wants to kiss him. I'll kiss you froggy! Come here, come here, Mmmmwhaa!

Go to: