bfgRhone
Manatee
Manatee
4,302 Posts

Post any Rite of Passage: The Perfect Show Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgRhone on Jun 7, 12 12:33 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a couple of suggested articles that have helped solve some common problems with games in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

*Please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

lovely62
Clownfish
Clownfish
731 Posts

Re:Post any Rite of Passage: The Perfect Show Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by lovely62 on Jun 7, 12 6:24 AM
The game has bugs, I can't see most of what I am suppose to pick up plus there are colored lines in the pictures..Sorry to say looks like a good game b ut not for me right now

Re:Post any Rite of Passage: The Perfect Show Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by Birmaangels on Jun 7, 12 6:45 AM
The option menu does work. I cannot check the window option. The skip-button does not work. The last line in HOS-screens does show nor the SG-option.
I have uninstalled and reinstalled the errors remain.

ladygem6
Herring
Herring
391 Posts

[Post New]by ladygem6 on Jun 7, 12 7:17 AM
There is a small black line at the top of my screen, pushing the entire screen down a slight notch. It makes the bottom out of sight for me and cuts off the two lower boxes on the left and right. Also slices three fourths of the hidden object names.

What's going on???

hannah233
Squid
Squid
72 Posts

[Post New]by hannah233 on Jun 7, 12 7:35 AM
Having same problems with options--cant c bottom of screen in the hog . Dosent BF test these b4 we try the games. They r getting lazy

[Post New]by snowflakesh on Jun 7, 12 8:00 AM
Having the same problems, looks like an old tv with wavy lines.Impossible to see all of screen. Hope techs can fix the problems cause this looks like a good game.

saleat
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by saleat on Jun 7, 12 8:00 AM
Just purchased game, because the trial version worked fine. After purchase the game has many technical issues. Game screen continually jumps with a pattern of z's throughout. Think I want may money back!!!

[Post New]by Birmaangels on Jun 7, 12 8:29 AM
I changed the resolution to 600x800 before starting the game. The screen now shows all lines perfectly.

However, the screen then shakes at a very high speed.

Edited on 06/07/2012 at 8:31:04 AM PST

[Post New]by westvirginiawife on Jun 7, 12 8:29 AM
I am unable to read any of the text at the bottom of the screen. There is a band about two inches wide across the bottom that looks like lots of pixels. I can't change the screen size. The picture is cut off at the bottom and I am unable to see any of that part of the screen.

spiritc
Guppy
Guppy
107 Posts

[Post New]by spiritc on Jun 7, 12 8:50 AM
Good sound but blank screen. Ran dxdiag as instructed and result was "no problems" Adjusted resolution. Nothing seems to work. Please advise.

susieq12
Guppy
Guppy
120 Posts

[Post New]by susieq12 on Jun 7, 12 8:55 AM
Same as others, wavy and moving picture (like 50s tv) only not snowing. Can't change screen or cursor in options menu.

Looks like a good game and I was going to buy before playing demo glad I didn't as can't even play demo due to technical issues.

bfgMonongahela
Manatee
Manatee
4,448 Posts

[Post New]by bfgMonongahela on Jun 7, 12 9:30 AM
Hi Fishies,

I'm sorry to see so many of you are having issues with this CE not displaying correctly!

Please check out the information in the help article here, which goes over how to update your graphics card drivers.

Once you try that fix, if the problem is still coming up, please get in touch with our Tech Support team and send them the details of the issue along with a Dr. Felix Report. This will help them see why this issue is happening, and if there is a bigger glitch with the game itself that info will really help us get it fixed that much faster.

All the info on how to contact Tech Support and send in that information is in the post we've created here.

Thanks so much!

bfgMonongahela

laraly
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
428 Posts

[Post New]by laraly on Jun 7, 12 10:23 AM
It'a a very nice game, but I encountered some tech problems solving the minigames, I cecked the SG, to make sure I was doing right, but still the figurine won't stay where they suppose to be (the shadows' puzzles), and also in the big wheels one, couldn't get it right, and the explanations in the guide was very confusing, not to mention the widescreen, not options to change it, so I got black bars on the side, so I had to change my monitor's resolution, futhermore the style and mechanism of the game seem a bit old, compare to the latest CE, so I hope they'll fix these tech problems, and anyhow I will get the SE!

linda1942
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by linda1942 on Jun 7, 12 12:03 PM
Demo ran fine so I bought it. Was having no trouble until I was folding last peice of paper and it freezes. I have to shut down my computer. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling--same thing. Is anyone else having this problem? I have this problem with some of these games and BF has tried to help but they find nothing wrong with my computer so they gave up.

Edited on 06/07/2012 at 12:05:09 PM PST

[Post New]by alicekramden on Jun 7, 12 3:29 PM
I purchased the game after trial ended. The additional content download started, yet when it ended - the game had not downloaded. It still says trial expired and wants me to buy again! I've also tried going to my purchase history and it attempted to download again and didn't. What's going on?

Update: I opened the game from my desktop icon (which I don't normally use, but trash) and the game opened. When I went back to the game manager, the game shows up the way it should. I dunno.......very confusing..

Edited on 06/07/2012 at 3:37:24 PM PST

CelticCoco
Clownfish
Clownfish
514 Posts

[Post New]by CelticCoco on Jun 7, 12 4:01 PM
The game seemd to play fine until the cut scene with the statue - at that ;point it froze my computer and I had to cut power to shut it down. After re-starting I went back to the game, but the game seemed sluggish. I then did a full shut down, reboot and tried once more. The game was fine until I reached tghe next cutscene in Havenwoods. Sluggish again, even though this time it seemed to recover eventually. So far I like the game but if the cutscenes are going to slow it down each time I doubt I'll buy it until a fix is done.

Celticcoco

bfgSeine
Stingray
Stingray
5,158 Posts

[Post New]by bfgSeine on Jun 7, 12 4:07 PM
Hi Fishies,

It sounds like a few of you are running into some issues with the game freezing. Some games, including Rite of Passage: The Perfect Show Collector's Edition can run into problems if drivers and software programs are out of date, so I recommend making sure that those are updated. You can find some information about that on our help article here:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

If those recommendations aren't helping, please let our Tech Support team know so they can look into what's causing those errors.

Happy gaming, and I hope that helps!

bfgSeine

desandnrs
Guppy
Guppy
102 Posts

[Post New]by desandnrs on Jun 7, 12 9:47 PM
Downloaded trial version and tried to play and a message popped up saying I needed to update my graphics driver. First I don't know how to do that. Second my other games play fine. Third my computer was just new at Christmas.

[Post New]by Birmaangels on Jun 8, 12 1:43 AM
GOOD NEWS

I updated my graphic card, rebooted and set the screen resolution to 1024 x 768. Finally I started the game.

IT WORKS!!!!

I am over the moon!!!

DragonLadyOz
Shark
Shark
12,214 Posts

[Post New]by DragonLadyOz on Jun 8, 12 1:53 AM
hannah233 wrote:Having same problems with options--cant c bottom of screen in the hog . Dosent BF test these b4 we try the games. They r getting lazy

Hi there hannah233,
I am sorry that you are having problems with this game, I am sure that the original devs have tested it for many systems, and I also had a beta for this game from BFG that ran perfectly fine on my Vista laptop.
With the thousands of variables with our systems, it is diffficult to cater perfectly for everyone.
I hope you have run a Dr Felix on your computer and have sent the results to CS to see if there is a solution for your problem.
Cheers

Go to: