brookings
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
454 Posts

Comments for Fabled Legends:The Dark Piper

[Post New]by brookings on Jun 8, 12 1:20 PM
I would love to hear a non-review from those who have tried this game. What do you think?

tj1147
Clownfish
Clownfish
654 Posts

Re:Comments for Fabled Legends:The Dark Piper

[Post New]by tj1147 on Jun 10, 12 9:57 AM
I liked this game quite a lot!

Graphics are beautiful...as always with this developer's games. The map is somewhat helpful as it shows the "lay out" of the game and how to get from place to place...can't "transport" though, and there is a LOT of back-and-forth wandering around...but I do like that! The H0 scenes are very nice with a bit of interaction in them. I liked them because they were "game appropriate"...not a lot of obscure line drawings of things to look for, and the scenes were not "junk piled" at all. I appreciated that because the H0 scenes that take so long to find something seem to take away from the game for me...I like to find what is needed and move on!

I played off and on for a few days and the game length seemed quite good for an SE. I am happy I bought it!

bluecat434
Clownfish
Clownfish
858 Posts

[Post New]by bluecat434 on Jun 11, 12 2:42 PM
well---these are my non-review observations:

1) the viceroy looks an awful lot like johnny depp, imo.

2) it's fun to click on him (the viceroy) when the three villains are guarding the door of the underground cavern. ( ) even if you normally avoid dialogue, this one is kind of fun.

3) the two above statements are completely unrelated.

beryltheperil
Guppy
Guppy
118 Posts

[Post New]by beryltheperil on Jun 14, 12 1:18 AM
I'm really enjoying this one - after the awful Malice 2 sisters-

i love Blue Tea games and this one is excellent.

Fifiluna614
Guppy
Guppy
128 Posts

[Post New]by Fifiluna614 on Jun 15, 12 2:07 AM
In some of the hidden object scenes, you are allowed to pick up certain objects and move them around when they are of absolutely no use in finding the things you need. Why would the developers do this? In every other game I've played, if you can pick something up, then it's meant to help you find one of the objects that need an extra step. Very frustrating!

elderton
Seahorse
Seahorse
29 Posts

[Post New]by elderton on Jun 28, 12 6:46 AM
I found this game very compelling. I did have help otherwise I would be here until Christmas 2012. There was quite a lot of dodging about which I did not like but on the whole it was good game biut a little expensive. Betty. Age 88.

oscar66
Herring
Herring
307 Posts

[Post New]by oscar66 on Aug 23, 12 4:11 PM
I'm finding this game a chore. There is so much back and forth. An interactive map is such a great tool and sadly lacking here. The logic of the progression of the game wasn't there for me either.

izzy75
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by izzy75 on Dec 29, 12 6:43 AM
totally agree oscar

Go to: