bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Eastville Chronicles: The Drama Queen Murder

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Jun 9, 12 12:29 AM
Solve a murder mystery in Eastville Chronicles: The Drama Queen Murder! The Eastville Opera House is the hub of high society and tonight, the curtains will draw for the last time on Dolores Molinero, the Queen of Drama. As the new crime investigator it’s your job to unravel this tale of love, passion and intrigue to unmask the murderer. Interrogate suspects, search for clues and find the culprit in this immersive hidden object puzzle adventure game!

Re:Eastville Chronicles: The Drama Queen Murder

[Post New]by WolfenRaindancer on Jun 9, 12 12:53 AM
Letterboxed, tiny objects, no voiceovers, annoying sound when finding objects, puzzles are a bit different but so far easy. Dialogue moves slowly, and is a bit stilted. Haven't reallly found much to like, yet. Oh, and I had to use con-alt-dele to get out it. The menu button has disappeared. But I reckon it can't be as bad as some of the ones this week, and I do want a game to play, so think I will buy it anyway. Maybe...I can't shut it down. Get the "this program is not responding blah blah blah". So here I am, willing to spend one of my half priced credits and it just isn't cooperating. Of course I am going to shut it down anyway, but do believe I will start it up again and see if it did save my progress before hitting the buy button.

I'll be back....

eta: Must have done something, as I did get an exit blurb when I went back to the screen.

Edited on 06/09/2012 at 12:56:33 AM PST

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Jun 9, 12 1:05 AM
WolfenRaindancer wrote:Letterboxed, tiny objects, no voiceovers, annoying sound when finding objects, puzzles are a bit different but so far easy. Dialogue moves slowly, and is a bit stilted. Haven't reallly found much to like, yet. Oh, and I had to use con-alt-dele to get out it. The menu button has disappeared. But I reckon it can't be as bad as some of the ones this week, and I do want a game to play, so think I will buy it anyway. Maybe...I can't shut it down. Get the "this program is not responding blah blah blah". So here I am, willing to spend one of my half priced credits and it just isn't cooperating. Of course I am going to shut it down anyway, but do believe I will start it up again and see if it did save my progress before hitting the buy button.

I'll be back....

eta: Must have done something, as I did get an exit blurb when I went back to the screen.

Good morning, WolfenRaindancer,

Did you remember that the Menu button is at the top in the middle rather than at the bottom? Gets a little confusing when you are used to it being at the bottom.

[Post New]by dobbiemijnboekje on Jun 9, 12 1:15 AM
I tryed this game but I don't like it. Tiny object and a hope blablabla. No buy for me.

luvmigame
Minnow
Minnow
251 Posts

[Post New]by luvmigame on Jun 9, 12 1:44 AM
I agree about the tiny objects. Perhaps miniscule or microscopic. A no buy for me today.

[Post New]by heatherington on Jun 9, 12 2:05 AM
Excuse me? Are the developers listening to us? Most people like voice overs. Most people like being able to actually SEE the objects we are suppose to be looking for. Most people like doable puzzles, not something you have to skip cause you have no earthly idea what to do. Most people like to be able to move about freely in the game from room to room and go where we like. Was this created five years ago and just now being trotted out as something we might enjoy doing on a Saturday afternoon? NOT! Oh, and the most important feature that we want in ANY game is to be able to skip the tutorial. Who in this day and age doesn't know how to play a simple game?

NO BUY!

LadyBlue0321
Minnow
Minnow
217 Posts

[Post New]by LadyBlue0321 on Jun 9, 12 2:22 AM
heatherington wrote:Excuse me? Are the developers listening to us? Most people like voice overs. Most people like being able to actually SEE the objects we are suppose to be looking for. Most people like doable puzzles, not something you have to skip cause you have no earthly idea what to do. Most people like to be able to move about freely in the game from room to room and go where we like. Was this created five years ago and just now being trotted out as something we might enjoy doing on a Saturday afternoon? NOT! Oh, and the most important feature that we want in ANY game is to be able to skip the tutorial. Who in this day and age doesn't know how to play a simple game?

NO BUY!

Well put. I totally agree. NO BUY for me as well. Come on, Big Fish...seriously??

Sheerija
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,451 Posts

[Post New]by Sheerija on Jun 9, 12 2:44 AM
Didn't see this thread at first and made a Comments one. Still asleep.

Agree with all the negatives and don't have to bother with the positives - there are none. Dull as dishwater game.

Out to make money, devs? Better try another line of work.

yvonnehoho
Minnow
Minnow
245 Posts

[Post New]by yvonnehoho on Jun 9, 12 3:05 AM
I kind of like it....most of all because it fills my screen by itself

perhaps I spend a coupon on it

[Post New]by WolfenRaindancer on Jun 9, 12 3:10 AM
Yes, I did remember that the menu button was supposed to be at the top of the screen, but it did disappear at times. I went ahead and bought the game, and just finished it, so it was almost three hours. The story was interesting, and I figured out the hos...get all the big items out of the way, and it is easier to see the smaller ones. Some of the puzzles turned out to be fun, and others not. Glad that it is over and done with, though. And that is a change, as I usually am disappointed when a game is finished. I will be so glad when we start getting more good games, instead of these bottom of the barrel ones

tj1147
Clownfish
Clownfish
654 Posts

[Post New]by tj1147 on Jun 9, 12 6:21 AM
This is definitely not a game I want to buy.

There are really big issues for this game with display area on my computer. The game scenes sit off-center and I cannot "drag" it to the middle of the screen. I can drag it a bit up the screen with the bar across the top which shows the name of the game on the left. The bottom of the screen is cut off so the buttons for options, etc are cut in half. In the H0 scenes, only the top 1/3 or so of the word shows so I had to guess what was written. I could see the menu button at the top, but if there was a hint button it was cut off the screen.

Some of the H0s were really tiny and a bit blurry but most were identifiable. I would need the hint only for the items where the name was cut off but I could find no hint button. There was "something" off to the left on the bottom - kind of gray with a bit of red - but if that was the hint button it didn't work. Over-click penalty and an annoying sound when finding an object.

The dialog was OK and clickable, and about the best part of the demo.

I tried restarting the game with another profile, but the display problems were still there.

Due to all the problems above, I didn't purchase the game and didn't bother to send a green envelop to CS.

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Jun 9, 12 8:06 AM
This game very much reminded me of "Coronation Street" in that when you use the HINT button in the HOS, you also get a b/w screen and the item shown is in yellow, just like in "Coronation Street". In fact, I was wondering whether they came from the same developer.

This game was only slightly better than "Coronation Street". I don't like "real" images to begin with, not when they are done as they are done in this game. And then, there is all this endless dialogue to go through. OK, I can skip that, but I do like to know what is going on, and therefore read (or listen to, if there is voice-over) the conversation.

Also, this seems to be a basic HOG. I did like the first puzzle (the only one I did come across before leaving the game again in a hurry), but this is such a basic "was new 5 years ago" kind of game, that I just wouldn't even want to play it if someone gave it to me as a present.

lovely62
Clownfish
Clownfish
731 Posts

[Post New]by lovely62 on Jun 10, 12 3:18 PM
I gave the game a chance and i am glad i did, the game is very interesting and fun to play..Thx again DEV's for all the time you spent on this awesome game..Thx BF..Your the best!!!

[Post New]by jamietwoshoe on Aug 13, 12 12:05 PM
cannot find the pineapple in the backyard the hint buttom does not show me where it is and am almost finished.

Go to: