bfgRhone
Manatee
Manatee
4,302 Posts

Post any Eastville Chronicles: The Drama Queen Murder technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgRhone on Jun 9, 12 12:35 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a couple of suggested articles that have helped solve some common problems with games in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

*Please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

nomatt
Herring
Herring
377 Posts

Re:Post any Eastville Chronicles: The Drama Queen Murder technical issues here only

[Post New]by nomatt on Jun 9, 12 12:50 AM
Game does not work for me. It plays as if my graphics card is broken, just all big coloured squares. My graphics card is fine, my PC is fine and everything is up to date. I just deleted the game as I'm not really bothered in playing it, I've plenty of other games which wok fine.

88blyth
Catfish
Catfish
1,705 Posts

Re:Post any Eastville Chronicles: The Drama Queen Murder technical issues here only

[Post New]by 88blyth on Jun 9, 12 1:24 AM
the game only fills the bottom half of my screen and after putting my name in....nothing happens but the clock is still ticking away, when i exit it asks me if "i am sure"!!!!

limey_scale
Guppy
Guppy
191 Posts

[Post New]by limey_scale on Jun 9, 12 1:24 AM
I can't play this game. D/L fine and when I hit play, I get an Error Access Violation, something to do with SDL_app ? I have uninstalled and re-installed twice and still get the same message

cherbtoo
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
22,629 Posts

[Post New]by cherbtoo on Jun 9, 12 1:50 AM
When I got down to the last two items in the first hidden object scene the cursor started behaving erratically. At one stage the system cursor (which is not an option) actually detached itself from the custom cursor but luckily the two became one again after a while and I managed to exit the game in the proper manner.

bfgRhone
Manatee
Manatee
4,302 Posts

[Post New]by bfgRhone on Jun 9, 12 1:51 AM
88blyth, you might want to see if a different screen resolution plays better for you -- or perhaps try windowed mode (press the keyboard buttons ALT and ENTER at the same time or try to see if this option is available through the Options menu).

limey_scale, I'm not sure where that error comes from. If you haven't already, I'd recommend giving the steps in the below help article a go:

Access Violation

If your game is still giving you trouble after completing those steps, please get in touch with our Tech Support and one of our reps will be more than happy to work on this with you.

bfgRhone

Edited on 06/09/2012 at 1:58:12 AM PST

Nanner7506
Seahorse
Seahorse
37 Posts

[Post New]by Nanner7506 on Jun 9, 12 3:14 AM
This is the second game for me this week that wouldn't work. I get a cusor but no game

lanzakaren
Starfish
Starfish
43 Posts

[Post New]by lanzakaren on Jun 9, 12 3:37 AM
wont work once ive put my name in and messed up my computer

bfgRhone
Manatee
Manatee
4,302 Posts

[Post New]by bfgRhone on Jun 9, 12 4:57 AM
Nanner7506 and lanzakaren, you may want to see if an update to one of the components needed to play our games might help. Here is a help article with more information:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

If the issues continue to persist, please get in touch with our Tech Support to get this sorted out.

bfgRhone

Edited on 06/09/2012 at 4:58:17 AM PST

tj1147
Clownfish
Clownfish
654 Posts

[Post New]by tj1147 on Jun 9, 12 6:12 AM
There is a real display issue on my screen.

The scenes seem to "sit" off-center to the right...I can see a "border" about an inch in on the left but on the right the scene just goes off the screen. The bottom of the screen where the options, ect are shown is cut off about half way and the last line of the list of H0s to find is cut in half showing only about the top 1/3 of the words...had to guess what I needed to find because if there was a hint button it did not show up. At the top of the screen, above the game play area, there is a 1/2 inch bar which shows the name of the game on the left. I could "drag" the game a bit higher on the screen with this but it didn't help.

I didn't like the part of the demo I played so I won't send the green envelop and will uninstall the game.

[Post New]by teacher123abc on Jun 9, 12 8:50 AM
I can't even sign my name in. The cursor has a mind of its own. I'm not fooling with this game for another minute as I have already spent ten mins trying to sign in to start.

bfgSeine
Stingray
Stingray
5,158 Posts

[Post New]by bfgSeine on Jun 9, 12 10:57 AM
Hi tj1147, it sounds like adjusting your screen resolution might help with that error. You can find a bit more information on how to do that here on our help article:

Screen Resolution

teacher123abc, I'm sorry to hear that's happening. If you feel like giving it a try, you can try uninstalling and reinstalling the game to see if that helps. Here's a help article that has some information on that:

Uninstall / Reinstall a Game

If those recommendations aren't helping, please let our Tech Support team know so they can have a look at those issues.

I hope that helps, and enjoy the game!

bfgSeine

rue23
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

[Post New]by rue23 on Jun 10, 12 6:24 AM
I do have my screen resolution set to 1024 by 768 but the game screen only fills a portion of my screen and I have no controls at all; hint, menu etc. Trying checking full screen and unchecking it as well.
Had to use ALT CTRL DEL to get out of it.
I do have an older computer with win XP but have an updated video card and 99 % of BFG games play well on my computer.

csmith116
Guppy
Guppy
137 Posts

[Post New]by csmith116 on Jun 11, 12 7:58 AM
rue23 wrote:I do have my screen resolution set to 1024 by 768 but the game screen only fills a portion of my screen and I have no controls at all; hint, menu etc. Trying checking full screen and unchecking it as well.
Had to use ALT CTRL DEL to get out of it.
I do have an older computer with win XP but have an updated video card and 99 % of BFG games play well on my computer.

I am having the same problem. I see the buttons below but cannot get to them.
After reading some of the reviews I will let this one slide by.
Bessie Mae

Edited on 06/11/2012 at 8:01:57 AM PST

bfgMonongahela
Manatee
Manatee
4,448 Posts

[Post New]by bfgMonongahela on Jun 11, 12 9:16 AM
Hi csmith116 and rue23,

Since making the screen resolution adjustments didn't fix the problem, I'd definitely get in touch with Tech Support. They'll be able to take a look at how the game is working on your specific system and suggest some more things you can try to get the game to display correctly.

You can contact them by clicking on the green envelope on the right to get to our Help pages. From there, click "Contact Us" on the left of that screen to submit a support ticket.

If you're a Big Fish Game Club member, you can also connect to Live Chat Support Monday-Friday 7:30am-4:30pm PST.

Thanks!

bfgMonongahela

ladygem6
Herring
Herring
391 Posts

[Post New]by ladygem6 on Jun 12, 12 7:02 AM
tj1147 wrote:There is a real display issue on my screen.

The scenes seem to "sit" off-center to the right...I can see a "border" about an inch in on the left but on the right the scene just goes off the screen. The bottom of the screen where the options, ect are shown is cut off about half way and the last line of the list of H0s to find is cut in half showing only about the top 1/3 of the words...had to guess what I needed to find because if there was a hint button it did not show up. At the top of the screen, above the game play area, there is a 1/2 inch bar which shows the name of the game on the left. I could "drag" the game a bit higher on the screen with this but it didn't help.

Exactly! Several of the recent games have had problems similar to this. Not Good BFG.

QUZEMOTO
Guppy
Guppy
160 Posts

[Post New]by QUZEMOTO on Jun 12, 12 3:20 PM
the game is so large i have to move it around by the cursor to find the small window button which closes it down but allows it to continue running. it is more then full page. won't close down unless i click on yes i am sure. strange i can grab on and move it around on my screen. also can't stay signed in to website AGAIN!!!!!

[Post New]by kris_cross48 on Jun 13, 12 3:21 AM
This game absolutley crashed my computer. Couldn't ctrl/alt/del..had to hard boot and then do a complete disc scan to even get running again.
I saw trouble coming when the resolution was kicking around on the screen.
Be careful with this game, it's not worth the time trying to clean up your computer.
IT needs to go back to the developers and stay there. Shame on you BFG for letting this one loose on us.
kris

bfgCimarron
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,902 Posts

[Post New]by bfgCimarron on Jun 13, 12 11:58 AM
Hi everyone,

If this game is still giving you graphics trouble or crashing your computer, and the steps from the Mods above haven't helped - then I would definitely get in contact with our Customer Support team. This will help us better track any issues, and a rep will be able to assist you with your purchase as well.

How to get in contact with Customer Support

Thanks!

bfgCimarron

Go to: