Sheerija
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,451 Posts

COMMENTS

[Post New]by Sheerija on Jun 9, 12 2:07 AM
Wow. Another dud. 20 minutes mostly spent admiring the graphics, which are really good. Thank goodness for the Skip Dialogue button. Wincing every time that orchestral shriek went off. How is this an adventure game? No. It is not. It is a straight HOG, and a dull unimaginative one at that. Stick a few borrowed mini games in and you can call it more than it is? Uh-uh.

All that effort to create such lovely graphics and then.................nothing. Strange.

Edited on 06/09/2012 at 2:08:21 AM PST

sinshack
Flounder
Flounder
2,150 Posts

Re:COMMENTS

[Post New]by sinshack on Jun 9, 12 3:38 AM
As always, the key to look for is the Walkthrough - if there isn't one, the Adventure aspects are minimal at best. That doesn't necessarily make this a bad game, just not the kind of game you like. I'm downloading now and I'll review in that thread.

Aerosage
Lobster
Lobster
81 Posts

COMMENTS

[Post New]by Aerosage on Jun 9, 12 6:01 AM
I like the term..and although I have not actually played the 'demo', I will take your 'word' on it. In fact, ever since the half-off sale on Game Credits came about the 'New Releases' have increasingly become disappointing. In my opinion, the only worthwhile HOPA game to date is 'Final Cut: Death on the Silver Screen' with 'Right of Passage: The Perfect Show' coming in second. However, I find the subject matter of the latter quite troubling and certainly too close to reality for comfort (unless, of course, one is into child abduction/abuse). Likewise, any other games that BF has offered outside of the HOPA genre have recently been lacking in production and originality, as well. They would have been better off to have kept them as non-entities, which is what I am considering them!

Sheerija wrote:Wow. Another dud. 20 minutes mostly spent admiring the graphics, which are really good. Thank goodness for the Skip Dialogue button. Wincing every time that orchestral shriek went off. How is this an adventure game? No. It is not. It is a straight HOG, and a dull unimaginative one at that. Stick a few borrowed mini games in and you can call it more than it is? Uh-uh.

All that effort to create such lovely graphics and then.................nothing. Strange.

Edited on 06/09/2012 at 6:07:11 AM PST

mhatfie
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,447 Posts

[Post New]by mhatfie on Jun 9, 12 7:07 AM
Straight junkpile Hogs appealed to me many moons ago, but no longer. So no buy here.

tblair
Guppy
Guppy
102 Posts

[Post New]by tblair on Jun 9, 12 8:11 AM
the items are so small in findng

joyce2121
Manatee
Manatee
4,490 Posts

[Post New]by joyce2121 on Jun 9, 12 9:06 AM
Pretty much agree with sinshack's review. Certainly not
a five star game, but, I am enjoying the story, even if a bit too
wordy; not having any trouble with the HOs, even if small;
and just enought twist on the puzzles to make them interesting
to me.

Fully understand everyone's bad reviews, but sometimes
there is that indefinable something about a mediocre(sp)
game that just makes me want to finish it.

So here goes my PCC!

[Post New]by Classicaljazz on Jun 9, 12 9:10 AM
Wow! Almost every comment or review is negative on this one: "junkpile" HOG's... very small items... terrible music. I'm going to pass on it also.

Classicaljazz

MEnr56
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,984 Posts

[Post New]by MEnr56 on Jun 9, 12 11:01 AM

I just read the 1st page of the reviews on the title page and the best scoring this game got was only 1 1/2 stars -- with 3 pages totalling 29 reviews.

If THAT'S the best this game can get after so many reviews, I'm not even going to take up my time in downloading and playing the demo. I've still MANY, MANY games yet to finish that I KNOW are worth my time and effort.

MENr56

[Post New]by Old_Man_River on Jun 9, 12 12:01 PM
This game doesn't need a walk through, it needs a walk away. Irritating noise every time you find an object, loopy click penalty and even worse terrible HOG scenes. Almost unplayable.

brookings
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
454 Posts

[Post New]by brookings on Jun 9, 12 12:10 PM
Gosh! Yet another dud. Maybe next week fill be filled with great games, since this week was so bad. Let's hope.

mhatfie
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,447 Posts

[Post New]by mhatfie on Jun 9, 12 12:10 PM
Old_Man_River wrote:This game doesn't need a walk through, it needs a walk away. Irritating noise every time you find an object, loopy click penalty and even worse terrible HOG scenes. Almost unplayable.

Thats funny

Badgerrrt
Lobster
Lobster
83 Posts

[Post New]by Badgerrrt on Jun 9, 12 5:37 PM
I played the trial, and liked it. It reminds me of the old-style hidden-object games-lots of HO scenes, no bells or whistles, pretty one-dimensional. The music is appropriate-I turned it down but the sound effects I turned WAY down because of the startle noise emitted whenever you find a hidden object. Maybe I'm just easy to please but I enjoyed playing the game to see what happens.

Blessings to all of the other fishies and Blessing to BigFish

Badger (a forever fan)

sleeplady
Minnow
Minnow
214 Posts

[Post New]by sleeplady on Jun 9, 12 8:03 PM
I only lasted 4 minutes! What a waste...it could have been a good game but the items were so small it was tedious to find them. And there was all that empty space for larger dialogue and items. The kids are minding the store no doubt!

CelticCoco
Clownfish
Clownfish
514 Posts

[Post New]by CelticCoco on Jun 9, 12 10:33 PM
the screen resolution sucks; the default was wide screen letterboxed
too small to see the objects except for the color
undid the full screen option and then I could only see a quarter of the screen
very annoying noise when yoiu get the right item
too much dialog
boring
'nuff said

Celticcoco

bratzgram
Clownfish
Clownfish
634 Posts

[Post New]by bratzgram on Jun 10, 12 6:44 AM
Well, my 7 yr. old grand daughter wants this game We did have fun playing together but just to many HOS for me. This is the type game that got me hooked but then I tried more adventurous games and got bored with these.

The hidden object scenes were very easy as were the majority of the puzzles. I couldn't tell you how fast the hint button refills. I never needed it

As others have already said. There is no need for a walkthrough. The game does that itself.

One thing I did find funny was that no one bothered to look up the actual names for some of the hidden object items. One that really sticks in my mind is SHAKERS. They are actually MARACAS There were many more such as that but that one stuck because thats what children call them before they learn what they really are.

I may get this with a coupon for the kids to play.. Just to easy for me.

I was rather disappointed to. It had the look of a great SE and could have been.

Edited to let everyone know that was my opinion of the demo played on
Expert mode. Can't imagine what the easier mode could have been!

Edited on 06/10/2012 at 6:48:00 AM PST

SueDee67
Guppy
Guppy
158 Posts

[Post New]by SueDee67 on Jun 10, 12 7:05 AM
Who or what posesses BF to put out games like this? We want quality games whatever the type of game it is.

And while I am at it, why not call games like Aveyond, RPG's and not lump them in with Adventure games which are not the same? Perhaps because the list is so small?

The 10 days of Collector's Editions sale? I have them all. So I am a bit grumpy today. No big deals for me. LOL

lovely62
Clownfish
Clownfish
731 Posts

[Post New]by lovely62 on Jun 10, 12 3:26 PM
I bought the game after 25 minutes into the game DEV's thx for all your hard work and many hours of time..BF games Rocks..
I love the graphics and sounds are awesome..

nehmah
Starfish
Starfish
52 Posts

[Post New]by nehmah on Jun 10, 12 4:14 PM
I am fairly easy to please, but this HOG was not good. Nothing technical wrong, it was just dull. Well, not every game can be a winner. Nehmah

lym_1609
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
431 Posts

Re: Review

[Post New]by lym_1609 on Jun 11, 12 2:58 AM
Love
1) A few bit of easy puzzles, eg, lock slider, slider, jigsaw, etc
2) A few easy to find items, not much interaction needed for opening doors, etc (eg there is no need for u to click on the door, insert the key, turn the key, turn the knob)

Hate
1) Quite a lot of fair bit straight forward HOGs.

Verdict: Worth playing if BFG offers full version at $1.99.

2/5 stars

lovely62
Clownfish
Clownfish
731 Posts

[Post New]by lovely62 on Jun 11, 12 8:14 AM
I agree about so many HOG, plus the fact the objects are so small, Maybe the dev's will realize some of us with older eyes can't see as well..I hope the next time to see bigger objects..Thx BF as always..

Edited on 06/11/2012 at 8:15:06 AM PST

Go to: