Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
8 Posts

The Broken Clue is Broken!

[Post New]by 1385 on Feb 2, 09 1:59 PM
I keep trying to play this game and have no success getting it to start! Has anyone figured out the problem with this stupid thing! I paid for it and now can't get it to show up! I get the message that the DEVICE WILL NOT SWITCH. What does that mean! Help! I get a black screen and nothing. When I try to uninstall the message is that the game is running!

Momhart
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,296 Posts

The Broken Clue is Broken!

[Post New]by Momhart on Feb 2, 09 3:27 PM
1385 wrote:I keep trying to play this game and have no success getting it to start! Has anyone figured out the problem with this stupid thing! I paid for it and now can't get it to show up! I get the message that the DEVICE WILL NOT SWITCH. What does that mean! Help! I get a black screen and nothing. When I try to uninstall the message is that the game is running!

When I tried to open to play and got the black sceen, I did the ctrl+alt+delete a bunch of times and just as my task manager opened, the game would start.
If you bought the game you should contact CS. There are too many people having this problem and I don't think they'll have a problem with helping you one way or another.

Re:The Broken Clue is Broken!

[Post New]by jacquelinesue on Feb 2, 09 8:52 PM
Same problem here as 1385 had - finally heard music running but black screen that would not clear out even with C A & D. Took a hard shut down to stop it from running and clear my computer. This game is BAD - hope it did not compromise my system. Also hope it did not contain a VIRUS of some sort........... BF needs to delete it from its system and really be careful about accepting any more games from this developer.......

[Post New]by dallas06 on Feb 2, 09 8:57 PM
I downloaded this game and all Im getting is a distorted screen!! Cant see or hear anything

gringojoy
Catfish
Catfish
1,739 Posts

[Post New]by gringojoy on Feb 2, 09 10:28 PM
BFG customer support will help all of you, & even give you a free coupon if need be.
Please be patient with customer support.
I promise it's worth the wait.
Joy

ct714
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
1 Posts

[Post New]by ct714 on Feb 3, 09 1:03 AM
I have never posted here before.............but this game is sooooooooooooo bad!!! X My question is.......if they review and consider 4000 games/year...HOW did this one get through??

xarah78
Seahorse
Seahorse
33 Posts

[Post New]by xarah78 on Feb 6, 09 9:05 AM
I didn't buy it but did download the trial.

wow...

I get a 'matrix' like screen and that's it. Just a jumble of letters and colors.

[Post New]by dantedsn on Feb 6, 09 12:38 PM
I use Kaspersky Internet security, I recieved a message that it was a trojian virus attached and it auto deleted it. You might want to run you virus checkers...

gemmabloom
Starfish
Starfish
40 Posts

[Post New]by gemmabloom on Feb 6, 09 8:20 PM
I downloaded and played the trial with no problem. I just wasn;t wild about the game.

shortgal
Seahorse
Seahorse
38 Posts

[Post New]by shortgal on Feb 7, 09 12:37 PM
I can't even get the one hour trial offer to work it comes up a screen with wide lines through it. Does anyone know if they will be bringing out a fixed one hour trial version of this game?

[Post New]by nocturnalrites on Feb 8, 09 12:52 AM
ARGGHHHH .. played the trial then I bought the game and now it wont even open or play. what is wrong with this. We all need help!!!

[Post New]by ginginrini on Feb 9, 09 5:56 PM
I had problems with the free trial too. Won't even try this game. Forget it!

Ms4wheels
Seahorse
Seahorse
28 Posts

[Post New]by Ms4wheels on Feb 18, 09 5:15 PM
I have had the same problem. I downloaded the game and it would not work. So I deleted it and reinstalled it again and it still doesn't work. I am going to write to customer services about this one.

[Post New]by hampgirl on Mar 31, 11 10:00 AM
I bought Legends Hidden Relics 2 and The Broken Clues was included on the disc. The other 2 games played well with no trouble. I clicked on The Broken Clues and it seemed like it was trying to show up. It was black screen, then shut off back to desktop then back to black screen again but this time it did show up but the cursor was a square white box and I could click on anything to make the game work. Anyway I got out of game. The next day I decided to try again. I clicked and it was strange but showed the game and cursor was normal. I played the game for a while they quite. Then the next day I played again for a while, then when I finished a screen and clicked to get to next scene, it was black, I waited, but it stayed black screen. But you could hear music. I don't know if I waited longer if the game would start playing again. I exited the whole game. Haven't tried to play it again.

Does anyone have any idea what is wrong with this game? It's not a good game but I would like to finish it.

Could this game have a virus???

Go to: