MyBullet
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

Looking for another good game

[Post New]by MyBullet on Feb 2, 09 2:58 PM
Just played Magic Encyclopedia, loved it, what is the next best game to buy? I like to find objects and place them into different locations? How is Robinson Curoso? Looking for good advice.

lordkalvan
Stingray
Stingray
5,577 Posts

Re:Looking for another good game

[Post New]by lordkalvan on Feb 2, 09 3:04 PM
If you liked Magic Encyclopedia, I bet you will like Robinson Crusoe too. RC is a bit shorter than ME, but it's great fun.

lordkalvan
Stingray
Stingray
5,577 Posts

[Post New]by lordkalvan on Feb 2, 09 3:17 PM
Another good game of this type is Samantha Swift.

MyBullet
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by MyBullet on Feb 2, 09 3:17 PM
How long are these games?

forensicMD
Clownfish
Clownfish
529 Posts

[Post New]by forensicMD on Feb 2, 09 3:38 PM
That is so very difficult to answer, because it depends on how much experience you have. The more experience, the more likely it is that you may have seen a similar type puzzle before, for instance. In Robinson Crusoe, I have been playing for several hours and I would say I am an average gamer. Someone posted that he or she did the entire game in two hours. However, my experience is that the puzzles were different from any others I have played. They were not incredibly difficult, but they were not easy either. Also, in each scene where it was necessary to find hidden objects, there were always at least two that were very difficult to spot. You are given ten hints at the beginning of each chapter and you can gather more as you play, but I cannot imagine getting through in less than four hours unless you use up all the hints. Even then, I don't think the average gamer gets through that fast. Other good games I think are the two Azada games if you like puzzles, The Adventure Chronicles game, Agatha Christie's Peril at End House, but not the Agatha Christie mysteries that are large case files. There is one more Agatha Christie that is not a large case file, but the name escapes me. The Lost Cases of Sherlock Holmes is also good. I am certain others will be happy to give their favorite game names to you. Have Fun!

Edited on 02/03/2009 at 9:01:19 AM PST

MyBullet
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by MyBullet on Feb 2, 09 4:12 PM
Thanks for your advice. I have been playing for a couple of years. My sister (who is disabled) and I play them together on the phone which is alot of fun. I believe it helps to keep her mind sharp and focused. I loved RTR, Adventure Chronicles, Treasures of Mystery Island& Mortimer Beckett (both of them). We try not to use hints. That takes away the fun. Don't remember anything about Sherlock Holmes? Is that an HO? In Robinson Crusoe do you finds HO and then have to locate and place them somewhere else? Thanks for all your info? It really helps to ask questions.

lordkalvan
Stingray
Stingray
5,577 Posts

[Post New]by lordkalvan on Feb 2, 09 7:24 PM
Lost Cases of Sherlock Holmes is an HO, yes. I enjoyed playing it, although each of the 16 cases did have one spot the differences scene, and I don't like those.

Robinson Crusoe is HO, and some of the items are inventory items that are then used to do something else, such as dig for something or cut something. There are minigames, and a very nice story line. It took me about 4 hours to finish the first time, not trying to rush.

forensicMD
Clownfish
Clownfish
529 Posts

[Post New]by forensicMD on Feb 3, 09 9:15 AM
The Agatha Christie games Death on the Nile and Peril at End House are the two non large file games that are hidden object games. Also, I have found the Mystery in London and another similar that I think is Mystery in Rome are both HO games, but more interesting that some because you visit various locations in the city and are given interesting info about the city or the building you are in. The are quite long games. I am currently doing Mystery in London and I have spent about six hours on it and am not yet at the end. All the games I have mentioned are, to me, worth the money because they are far less money per hour than a movie and I don't have to get dressed and go sit in a theater with a lot of other people! (Also, the popcorn is much less expensive at home!)

Keziah000
Lobster
Lobster
93 Posts

[Post New]by Keziah000 on Feb 5, 09 3:02 AM
I also love the two Agatha Christie games you mention. They are amongst by favourites along with Dr Lynch, which I really enjoyed. I found these games similar, quite long and really enjoyable. Another fave is hidden exp Amazon. I have looked on the site to see if I could find a list of games that are similar to these, so you have helped me out. I will give the Mystery in Rome and Mystery in London a try. I am half way through Robinson Crusoe and quite enjoying it. I have now got my Mum playing these games and she has never touched a computer in her life (73 yrs old), but was a huge Agatha Christie fan, so I started her with those two. She loves them. She sits up until after midnight with her glasses on tapping away like she's been doing it all her life.

[Post New]by twolyn on Feb 5, 09 9:39 AM
Personally, I love the Mystery Case Files series. The earlier one's are easier but they have been getting progressively more challenging. Try them out

pjfrompa
Squid
Squid
74 Posts

[Post New]by pjfrompa on Feb 5, 09 10:22 AM
Have you tried Hidden Mysteries: Buckingham Palace?

Mukje
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
1 Posts

[Post New]by Mukje on Feb 20, 09 9:02 AM
The Best game is Mystery Case Flies, Return to Ravenhearst

samisgram
Lobster
Lobster
88 Posts

[Post New]by samisgram on Feb 20, 09 9:13 AM
The most challenging to me are any of the Mystery Case Files.

Enjoy!
Toni

[Post New]by Daisy728 on Feb 20, 09 4:48 PM
I agree that the Mystery Case Files are excellent games. I've purchased them all and have been totally satisfied with each. By far, Return to Ravenhurst was the most challenging. I can hardly wait for the next one!

justeyez
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

[Post New]by justeyez on Feb 25, 09 2:48 PM
One game I haven't seen mentioned is the Hidden Expedition Amazon - I thought this was a pretty good hidden object game. A good mix of the hidden objects plus mini-puzzles. Of all the Hidden Expedition series, I only really liked Amazon.

gameslvr
Clownfish
Clownfish
553 Posts

[Post New]by gameslvr on Feb 27, 09 10:15 AM
I really loved the Mortimer Beckett ones but unfortunately BF doesn't carry them. I found Dream Chronicles 2 also to be a lot of fun which was a surprise to me because I though it would be more for kids. But it was relaxing and challenging enough!

to Keziah000 --- that is so great that you did that for your 73 yr old Mum. I work with the elderly and I wish more people would take the time to find creative outlets for them instead of assuming they couldn't do it or wouldn't like it. Bravo to you!

[Post New]by rndphh1 on Feb 28, 09 4:44 PM
Loved the game, but it was way too short!

Go to: