bfgRhone
Manatee
Manatee
4,302 Posts

Reviews for Paris Mahjong

[Post New]by bfgRhone on Jun 12, 12 12:37 AM
Hi Fishies!

What do you think of Paris Mahjong? We’d love to hear all about it, together with many of the other Fishies in our pond! You can now share your review on our website, just pop over to the Paris Mahjong page here.

Unsure how to submit a review? Please check our help article Big Fish Game Reviews for more information.

After sharing your review on our website, please feel free to repost your review in this thread!

Remember, a lot of Fishies that will be reading your review will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include the words SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post .

To help other players get the most out of your review, you could add a note stating if you played the trial or full version and how far you have gotten in the game.

If you’re experiencing technical issues with this game, be sure to swim over to the support thread dedicated to the game here.

**If you are seeking game help, the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the Game Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion'!

Happy gaming!

bfgRhone

bfgRhone
Manatee
Manatee
4,302 Posts

Re:Reviews for Paris Mahjong

[Post New]by bfgRhone on Jun 12, 12 12:38 AM
Hi Fishies,

Just to add to the OP: This thread has been reserved for reviews only. If you have any comments or questions about someone else’s review (even if you feel that their review contains incorrect details about this game) please contact that user directly via PM instead of replying to or quoting their post.

While the reviews in this thread are first and foremost helpful to other players, they also tell us and all who were involved in making this game what you liked/disliked most, what you’d like to see more/less of in future games, etc. (As you could imagine, this feedback is very helpful! )

So to make sure that everyone who visits this thread can easily find the reviews that they’re looking for, the Moderation Team will be proactively removing any off-topic posts (i.e. non-reviews) that pop up in this thread.

For any comments and non-review posts, please feel free to create a "Comments" thread in this Game Forum if there isn't one already. You can always create a new thread for any game questions or tips.

Thank you!

bfgRhone

lisablue4369
Flounder
Flounder
2,105 Posts

[Post New]by lisablue4369 on Jun 12, 12 8:37 AM
this game is really fun, if you like mahjong you will love this game.---doug & lisa

praireraven
Narwhal
Narwhal
34,707 Posts

[Post New]by praireraven on Jun 12, 12 8:41 AM
This is my first review, so here goes, I played the trial version,,the tile are very easy to read, (not the tiny little chinese marks)
It starts out with simple puzzles and get progressvely, larger with each level. this game will definately test your powers of observation. believe me!
The music in my opinion must be muted,if you are playing relax mode. The game is timed or not timed, ,it`s up to you. this a so ,so, game, I spend $2.99 for it but not $6.99, If you are looking for a exercise for the old brain,this is for you,

ttomm46
Guppy
Guppy
123 Posts

[Post New]by ttomm46 on Jun 12, 12 8:48 AM
Couldn't deal with the so so graphics and tile design...tried timed mode, not much time to finish a layout....The tile faces totally turned me off..Cakes..lips..hearts..and boxes..scissors.....some may like this..Annoying music...Uninstalled after 15 minutes

Edited on 06/12/2012 at 8:48:35 AM PST

mary102696
Herring
Herring
318 Posts

[Post New]by mary102696 on Jun 12, 12 9:54 AM
Let me first say that you can change the tile faces to Valentine's day (cakes, wine, etc) colored jewels or classic Chinese tiles.

I think this is a neat little game. I like how there's a story to it. I tried the demo in timed mode but I'm going to have to try it in relaxed mode. Three times I couldn't get the first puzzle done within the four minutes so I'm sure it will get seriously challenging as we go along. Good job developers!

[Post New]by daisyduck352 on Jun 13, 12 12:28 PM
I thought this was an easy game, it might get harder but I like the other Mahjong where you have golden tiles to find instead of matching all of the tiles.

ataloss
Guppy
Guppy
105 Posts

[Post New]by ataloss on Jun 13, 12 9:42 PM
This is a cute game and I am enjoying it. The only thing I dislike is the music, It does not suit the game at all. This is the first time I have had to turn the music off...very distracting.

GeorgeTSLC
Manatee
Manatee
3,919 Posts

Re: Reviews for Paris Mahjong

[Post New]by GeorgeTSLC on Aug 22, 12 8:56 PM
This is not a game, it's a pastime.

The fool thing cheats FOR you! I was pretty sure it had been doing that, and decided to test it.

I just managed, by relentlessly stupid play, to get the layout down to a single two-tile pile, so that the top tile was incapable of being matched, in the expectation that I could then use one or more of the "extras". And it divided those last two tiles into TWO PILES so I could match them!

I don't know whether this would have happened in timed mode, but that it happens even in relaxed mode is extremely disturbing. There is such a thing as making a game too hard for me to enjoy it, but this is intolerable the other way.

GeorgeTSLC
Manatee
Manatee
3,919 Posts

[Post New]by GeorgeTSLC on Aug 22, 12 9:04 PM
P.S. To change the tile style, you click Menu from inside a layout and choose "Theme".

The Valentines Day tiles you start w/ are amusing tho ultimately silly, and I much prefer "China".

Using the latter set reveals that in this game you need to have pairs of the SAME flower or season, unlike most "mahjong" matching games--and unlike in the actual rummy-like game of mahjong! But since the game is apparently going to cheat for you anyway (see previous post) ...

Go to: