bfgRhone
Manatee
Manatee
4,302 Posts

Post any Dark Alleys: Penumbra Motel technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgRhone on Jun 13, 12 12:34 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a couple of suggested articles that have helped solve some common problems with games in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

*Please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

Re:Post any Dark Alleys: Penumbra Motel technical issues here only

[Post New]by rosie28sammy on Jun 13, 12 9:41 AM
After downloading this SE version to the game manager, the GM tells me my trial is over. I haven't played the SE version yet so something is wrong. I'd love to trial this, but can't when the GM won't let me.

bfgCimarron
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,902 Posts

[Post New]by bfgCimarron on Jun 13, 12 12:00 PM
Hi rosie28sammy,

I've found that if the Game Manager is telling you your trial is over before you've played it - I've found that uninstalling and reinstalling the game can clear this up. If you click the blue text, it will take you to more information about how to do that.

If that doesn't work, sometime uninstalling and reinstalling the Game Manager can help as well:

How do I uninstall and reinstall the Game Manager?

I hope that helps!

bfgCimarron

Edited on 06/13/2012 at 5:12:40 PM PST

[Post New]by Grandmajacky on Jun 16, 12 9:36 AM
I'm in the room with the rope attached to the door and the mechanical thing, I try to put the bar on the mechanical thing, but it won't attach, then I find I can't get out the room, I'm totally stuck, help please.

[Post New]by Grandmajacky on Jun 16, 12 9:40 AM
Sorry, just let me add, I came out the game to complain, went back in and now I CAN put the bar on the machine, dur, sorry, should have tried this first, by the way the game is awesome.

menora
Starfish
Starfish
43 Posts

[Post New]by menora on Jun 16, 12 10:54 AM
I'm having problems draining the bath. The pipes are all in position but nothing is happening. I've checked my solution against the walkthrough and it is correct but no amount of clicking around the bath seems to have any effect

menora
Starfish
Starfish
43 Posts

[Post New]by menora on Jun 16, 12 11:09 AM
I sorted the problem by dismantling the puzzle, leaving the bathroom then coming back in and starting again. Everything is now working but no idea why it froze before.

sarahal01
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

[Post New]by sarahal01 on Jun 17, 12 8:38 AM
can anyone tell me where the weight goes or the key i found please

bfgMonongahela
Manatee
Manatee
4,448 Posts

[Post New]by bfgMonongahela on Jun 17, 12 11:04 AM
Hi Fishies,

Just swimming in here with a little help -

menora - if you experience the game freezing again, you might try the suggestions we have in the help article here. They help a lot of players that run into that particular issue.

sarahal01 - we do have a walkthrough for this game, which should help you see where to put the weight and use the key. You can get to it by clicking this link: Dark Alleys: Penumbra Motel Walkthrough

I hope that helps!

bfgMonongahela

Edited on 06/17/2012 at 11:05:00 AM PST

pjhundt
Seahorse
Seahorse
37 Posts

[Post New]by pjhundt on Jun 18, 12 1:37 PM
menora wrote:I'm having problems draining the bath. The pipes are all in position but nothing is happening. I've checked my solution against the walkthrough and it is correct but no amount of clicking around the bath seems to have any effect

I'm having the exact same issue. Dismantling and leaving the bathroom isn't working for me. I'll have to skip the mini-game.

kimcol
Squid
Squid
65 Posts

[Post New]by kimcol on Jun 18, 12 6:25 PM
pjhundt wrote:
menora wrote:I'm having problems draining the bath. The pipes are all in position but nothing is happening. I've checked my solution against the walkthrough and it is correct but no amount of clicking around the bath seems to have any effect

I'm having the exact same issue. Dismantling and leaving the bathroom isn't working for me. I'll have to skip the mini-game.

I experienced that problem, too. When i rotated the two straight pipes (the short one and medium one with openings at both ends) and put them back to the same position they were in, the puzzle was solved. Hope this helps you.

pingwings
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by pingwings on Jun 19, 12 4:23 PM
I got the rope from the trunk and used it to move the car, but I don't have the rope for the cellar to open the generator roomdoor.The walkthrough said the rope can be used 3 times but I only used it once. Help

bfgMonongahela
Manatee
Manatee
4,448 Posts

[Post New]by bfgMonongahela on Jun 20, 12 10:22 AM
Hi pingwings,

I checked the walkthrough and see what you mean about using the rope in the cellar.

When I scrolled back through, though, I found that the rope you use there is actually different from the one from moving the car. It looks like you can find another rope hanging outside the attic when you explore the backyard. You can see a screenshot of that if you click here (the rope is marked "A"). And then this second rope is the one that can be used to do the three things in the cellar.

I hope that helps!

bfgMonongahela

[Post New]by Aliexrated on Jun 29, 12 11:36 PM
i payed for this game and it wont let me play how can i fix that or i would like my money back

[Post New]by supergabigabi on Jul 5, 12 4:01 PM
Hello everyone... I am having trouble with the skeleton hand, in the garage outside the mansion... the walktrough does not specify where it is, and I already have the bracelet, but the hand is nowhere to be found! The Hint button says "nothing to do here" for every scenery. What is hapenning?

Edited on 07/05/2012 at 4:02:14 PM PST

DragonLadyOz
Shark
Shark
12,214 Posts

[Post New]by DragonLadyOz on Jul 5, 12 4:06 PM
Aliexrated wrote:i payed for this game and it wont let me play how can i fix that or i would like my money back

Hi Aliexrated,
Welcome to the Pond.
The trial version of this game is smaller than the full game, so you will have to install the game again once you have purchased it. (You won't have to start over again as you progress will have been saved.)
Have you done this?
Cheers
ETA: Oops, just noticed you posted this some time ago, so I hope you have found the solution already.

Edited on 07/05/2012 at 4:07:53 PM PST

DragonLadyOz
Shark
Shark
12,214 Posts

[Post New]by DragonLadyOz on Jul 5, 12 4:14 PM
Hi there supergabigabi,
A welcome to the Pond for you also.
The only skeleton's hand I can remember was down the well outside the the room with the projector.
If that isn't the one you need, I hope someone else has the answer for you.
Cheers

Gwennoel
Guppy
Guppy
189 Posts

[Post New]by Gwennoel on Jul 6, 12 1:35 PM

I used the magnet in the end of Ch.3 to get the hook & needle, only it didn't pick up the hook, just the needle.............did anyone have this problem ? And I can't go back & look under that cabinet where the ball of yarn is.

JessF
Clownfish
Clownfish
773 Posts

[Post New]by JessF on Jul 7, 12 12:38 PM
I am having problems after I match the tags with the keys.

I had no problem solving the puzzle - the tags freeze when they are in the right place - at least most of them do.

Tag 3 at the top left will not freeze. no matter where I place it it snaps into position like the others but I still get the hand cursor and can move the key.

Since the program thinks I have not solved the puzzle I am stuck.

JessF
Clownfish
Clownfish
773 Posts

[Post New]by JessF on Jul 7, 12 4:32 PM
I got past the keys by closing down and starting again.

I've decided this is a very odd game.

Go to: