bfgRhone
Manatee
Manatee
4,302 Posts

Post any Royal Detective: The Lord of Statues Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgRhone on Jun 14, 12 12:35 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a couple of suggested articles that have helped solve some common problems with games in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

*Please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

Edited on 02/22/2013 at 1:27:36 PM PST

tuttepeever
Herring
Herring
366 Posts

Re:Post any Royal Detective: The Lord of Statues Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by tuttepeever on Jun 14, 12 1:12 AM
This has never happened to me before but the game is very choppy and the cursor responds so slowly. I don't think this is my problem so if others are having a similar experience please share.

rlk0045
Minnow
Minnow
262 Posts

Re:Post any Royal Detective: The Lord of Statues Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by rlk0045 on Jun 14, 12 1:18 AM
I also have the same problem as tuttepeever. I never have been a fan of elephant games. I always seem to have problems with their games.

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Jun 14, 12 1:32 AM
Hi Fishies,

If the cursor is behaving erratically, I would suggest having a look at the following help article which will guide you through updating those elements that help run your game, including the cursor:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

This can help the game to run more smoothly and hopefully will make the cursor more responsive.

Another thing you can try is to disable the custom curor as this has helped before with a similar display issues. I know it may not be easy to access the Options menu to do so but if you can at all, I would try that also.

If those steps don't help or you would like use to assist you with this, please run a Dr. Felix Diagnostic Report and then send that over to our Tech Support Team. One of our Reps will be happy to help!

I hope this helps,

bfgBaikal

birdie5
Clownfish
Clownfish
559 Posts

[Post New]by birdie5 on Jun 14, 12 2:30 AM
Note the system requirements show CPU - 2.5 GHz. I had trouble with this dev's games when they came out last year with this requirement and upgraded my laptop.

Moesha88
Starfish
Starfish
40 Posts

[Post New]by Moesha88 on Jun 14, 12 5:40 AM
I am getting booted out back to desktop every 30 seconds or so. Keep having to click the game icon on the bottom bar to re-enter (as opposed to going in from scratch). My computer is only 3 months old... (Windows 7)

lucyloket
Guppy
Guppy
138 Posts

[Post New]by lucyloket on Jun 14, 12 7:28 AM
Game wouldn't activate after DL. When I went to try again, I got 'trial expired' message - no chance for me to try the game now.

bfgRhone
Manatee
Manatee
4,302 Posts

[Post New]by bfgRhone on Jun 14, 12 7:32 AM
lucyloket, if uninstalling and reinstalling the game doesn't work, you can try to reinstall the Game Manager.

Moesha88, if your game keeps minimizing, try navigating to the desktop icon of the game and right click > Properties. Then, go the the Shortcut menu and next to "Run", select "Maximized" from the dropdown menu. Try playing the game again.

If that didn't work, please get in touch with our Tech Support so one of our reps can look into this with you.

bfgRhone

Edited on 06/14/2012 at 7:33:09 AM PST

phisherman
Guppy
Guppy
164 Posts

[Post New]by phisherman on Jun 14, 12 9:36 AM
I also found the game to be jerky and slow with a sluggish cursor. It also took forever to download.

Edited on 06/14/2012 at 10:05:52 AM PST

aalaurie
Minnow
Minnow
273 Posts

[Post New]by aalaurie on Jun 14, 12 11:46 AM
tuttepeever wrote:This has never happened to me before but the game is very choppy and the cursor responds so slowly. I don't think this is my problem so if others are having a similar experience please share.

I love this game, but the cursor is sluggish and the scenes change in very slo-mo! I will purchase this game sometime in the future when this problem has been resolved. Thanks for all of your comments. They are most helpful!

bfgCimarron
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,902 Posts

[Post New]by bfgCimarron on Jun 14, 12 11:49 AM
Hi phisherman and aalaurie,

Thank you for letting us know! We'll keep track of that feedback. In the meantime one other thing that could work as a temporary workaround if bfgBaikal's advice above doesn't help is disabling the custom cursor.

To do this, start the game, click options, click the circle next to Custom Cursor and press OK.

By doing this it will make the cursor less graphically heavy and can help it perform better.

If you run into games downloading slow again, I would go to this help article here:

Problems Downloading or Installation Failed

and scroll down to where it says Adjust your Game Manager settings. I've found this can help in some cases of slow downloading.

Of course, if your game continues to give you trouble, don't hesitate to get in contact with our Customer Support team, as bfgRhone mentions above.

I hope this helps.

bfgCimarron

shadowdiana
Shark
Shark
14,943 Posts

[Post New]by shadowdiana on Jun 14, 12 1:34 PM
I can't even get it to download

bfgSeine
Stingray
Stingray
5,158 Posts

[Post New]by bfgSeine on Jun 14, 12 2:37 PM
Hi shadowdiana,

I'm sorry to hear that you're not able to get the game downloaded. There could be a couple things causing that, so I recommend taking a look at the help article that bfgCimarron linked here:

Problems Downloading or Installation Failed

If the recommendations there aren't helping, please let our Tech Support team know so they can assist you further.

Happy gaming,

bfgSeine

Janie42
Clownfish
Clownfish
598 Posts

[Post New]by Janie42 on Jun 14, 12 5:32 PM
I've the floating cursor along with outright rubbishy lag during screen transitions, etc too.
Not my machine as I've 12 gigs RAM ! on an i-7 920 running Win7U with all up-to-date SAs, etc.

So... what's up with the programming? Or is the game's lousy performance due somehow to the DRM wrap?

Is any fix coming, please?

[Post New]by flingo on Jun 14, 12 9:48 PM
Downloaded the free trial and all I got was a message that my trial expired! I didn't even get to play! Unless I have a ghost that downloaded the game, played it and then deleted it while I was gone today I think there is a problem.

[Post New]by catherine58 on Jun 15, 12 12:24 AM
I had the same problem that as soon as I downloaded it it said my trail was up. I am very reluctant to buy before trying as I have been disappointed in the past when I bought before trying. Catherine

frazerpaul
Guppy
Guppy
147 Posts

[Post New]by frazerpaul on Jun 15, 12 12:31 AM
Help this game was ok yesterday now i cannot open the mapplease help as it is a great game

bfgRhone
Manatee
Manatee
4,302 Posts

[Post New]by bfgRhone on Jun 15, 12 1:13 AM
Hi everyone,

If you're seeing trial expired messages, please try uninstalling and reinstalling the game and if that doesn't work, you can try to reinstall the Game Manager.

Janie42, please try disabling your custom cursor. I've found that in these cases, the performance often improves, at least when I had the same trouble.

frazerpaul, I'm not sure what might be happening for you, but you could also try to uninstall and reinstall the game to see if that helps.

If these steps didn't work for you, please get in touch with our Tech Support for personalized assistance.

Thanks!

bfgRhone

frazerpaul
Guppy
Guppy
147 Posts

[Post New]by frazerpaul on Jun 15, 12 6:26 AM
Re-install did not work started again with a new profile got to end of main game

Lucy1997
Clownfish
Clownfish
852 Posts

[Post New]by Lucy1997 on Jun 15, 12 10:32 AM
I have been a fan of Elephant games in the past, but I don't think that I'll buy another one from the company. This is a wonderfully creative game with some great ideas and a nice twist of plot, except on my computer it freezes and freezes and freezes and freezes. Also, items randomly disappear (like the minotaur statue), and it takes a hour or so for the game to unlock the item and for it to reappear in my dock. I've finally decided that I am just going to delete the game because at some point recreation just becomes a waste of time.

Go to: