bfgRhone
Manatee
Manatee
4,302 Posts

Reviews for Royal Detective: The Lord of Statues Collector's Edition

[Post New]by bfgRhone on Jun 14, 12 12:36 AM
Hi Fishies!

What do you think of Royal Detective: The Lord of Statues Collector's Edition? We’d love to hear all about it, together with many of the other Fishies in our pond! You can now share your review on our website, just pop over to the Royal Detective: The Lord of Statues Collector's Edition page here.

Unsure how to submit a review? Please check our help article Big Fish Game Reviews for more information.

After sharing your review on our website, please feel free to repost your review in this thread!

Remember, a lot of Fishies that will be reading your review will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include the words SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post .

To help other players get the most out of your review, you could add a note stating if you played the trial or full version and how far you have gotten in the game.

If you’re experiencing technical issues with this game, be sure to swim over to the support thread dedicated to the game here.

**If you are seeking game help, the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the Game Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion'!

Happy gaming!

bfgRhone

bfgRhone
Manatee
Manatee
4,302 Posts

Re:Reviews for Royal Detective: The Lord of Statues Collector's Edition

[Post New]by bfgRhone on Jun 14, 12 12:36 AM
Hi Fishies,

Just to add to the OP: This thread has been reserved for reviews only. If you have any comments or questions about someone else’s review (even if you feel that their review contains incorrect details about this game) please contact that user directly via PM instead of replying to or quoting their post.

While the reviews in this thread are first and foremost helpful to other players, they also tell us and all who were involved in making this game what you liked/disliked most, what you’d like to see more/less of in future games, etc. (As you could imagine, this feedback is very helpful! )

So to make sure that everyone who visits this thread can easily find the reviews that they’re looking for, the Moderation Team will be proactively removing any off-topic posts (i.e. non-reviews) that pop up in this thread.

For any comments and non-review posts, please feel free to create a "Comments" thread in this Game Forum if there isn't one already. You can always create a new thread for any game questions or tips.

Thank you!

bfgRhone

CelticCoco
Clownfish
Clownfish
514 Posts

[Post New]by CelticCoco on Jun 14, 12 1:05 AM
Ok, this is a winner. I'm only 11 minutes into it and already love it. From the graphics (wonderful), the animations and cut scenes, the little help character. Love it,l ove it, love it! IF I wasn't so tired I"d keep playing all night! Definitely a keeper! Will update when I finish the demo!

Celticcoco

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Jun 14, 12 1:12 AM
Good morning, fishies...

This game is based on the trial version, which I played in Casual mode.

There are 7 chapters plus the bonus chapter.

There are 3 gameplay modes.

There is Widescreen!!

There is a wide range of Achievements.

There are 26 Miniatures to be found in the game.

There is voice-over (and very well done).

The SG (strategy guide), which is at the right, below the HINT button, stays open where you last left it open. All the chapters are accessable in the trial version's SG.

The graphics in the iHOS (interactive hidden object scenes) are good enough, but could have been a little clearer.

The HINT button, in form of a cute gnome, and which also works beautifully outside of the HOS, takes about 30 seconds to refill in Casual mode.

Puzzles can be skipped. The SKIP button only takes 30 seconds to fill in Casual mode.

There is a MAP, which can also be used to jump to the different areas.

--- --- ---

I am loving this game. It took my interest right from the start. And I think I am falling in love with that archer. What a voice. And sooo masculine. And so strong... OK, enough of that.

Gameplay is fun fun fun, and graphics are very well done, as are the animations and the voices. Off to buy.

--- --- ---

ETA: I have now finished the game, and what a great and different and wonderful and fantastic game this was. I have never seen animations like this, and I really fell in love with all my helpers. They were so wonderfully... wonderful. LOL

I will replay the game in a day or so, because this game has 2 endings (kind of), and I want to choose the other one next time. Besides, I didn't find all the little figurines, so will give that another try.

The bonus game was short (only took me 35 minutes), but to me quality always wins over quantity. I did very much enjoyed the bonus game - the little there was.

Super game! One in a million.

Edited on 06/15/2012 at 7:28:38 AM PST

cbtx
Stingray
Stingray
5,030 Posts

[Post New]by cbtx on Jun 14, 12 1:32 AM
Based on the demo:

From Elephant games comes this excellent game.

First, I am delighted to say that this game comes in a beautiful widescreen presentation. This is a first from this dev, and many kudos to them for improving their game and offering this very nice programming feature. And to think, I didn't have to adjust a single thing on my computer to get it. Well, of course not, it's programming.

And the game itself offers magnificent graphics, and a host of excellent features. Achievements, a map for jumpimg from scene to scene, miniatures to find, etc.
The HOS are very well done, and the puzzles are familiar but with a different twist to them.
The music is very nice, the voice-overs are good, and the hint button is useful outside the HOS.
All extras (except the bonus game-understandable) are revealed and ready for use----as they should be.

Overall, this is a superb game that is so far great fun to play, has a unique and interesting story, and is gorgeous just to look at----the widescreen makes such a dramatic difference (I wonder if the rabbit is taking note). It's a solid 10/10, and an immediate buy for me. Congratulations to the devs (some devs listen to their customers and others, obviously, do not) on this one!!
Don't miss this one----great, great game!!!!

Edited on 06/14/2012 at 1:50:34 AM PST

cherbtoo
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
22,629 Posts

[Post New]by cherbtoo on Jun 14, 12 1:42 AM
This dev is no Dumbo as he has been listening to our requests and consequently we have a game with ...

Gorgeous crisp graphics
Good voiceovers
Pleasant music
Interesting storyline in that statues have come to life and abducted the residents of the town plus where did the little girl come Princess come from.
Widescreen (although even without this option being ticked the picture goes beyond the edges of my square monitor when in Full screen mode)
Casual/Advanced/Hardcore Modes
A Map which shows where you are, where you need to go and actually takes you there once you have visited that area so only one pair of sneakers needed
A Strategy Guide which shows 7 chapters in full detail plus the bonus so you know exactly how long the game is
26 Achievements +/- the ones on the rings
11 Wallpaper options which can be set immediately after purchase and already has been
16 Concept Art pictures
4 Music soundtracks
A video which cannot be viewed until the bonus chapter has been played ... I presume this is because it gives the game away and so keeping this and the bonus chapter locked is
26 Bonus hidden items to collect.

Thank you devs you have just restored my faith in what a Collector's Edition should be like and for that reason I have purchased it.

pp p
pp
p
p

pp

p pp ppp
p
pp
pp p

Chocolate for non-drinkers

▇ ▇ ▇ ▇ ▇ ▇ ▇ ▇ ▇ ▇ ▇ ▇ ▇

Cherb

keeliesnanna
Squid
Squid
61 Posts

[Post New]by keeliesnanna on Jun 14, 12 2:08 AM
I cant add anything to the above reviews as IMO they are spot on. A big thankyou to the Devs for listening to the players , anyone who doesnt play this game should be kicking themselves ,the gnome/hint button is so cute i think i want one lol i like the way he gives you a gentle none too subtle kick in the right direction if you dont want to use the strategy guide, i didnt see any sparkles/twinkly bits at all and the graphics are beautiful crisp and clear , there is a good mix between hogs and puzzles so will appeal to most tastes. I love love love this game and im straight off to buy

I give this game

Edited on 06/14/2012 at 2:51:26 AM PST

debraljensen
Squid
Squid
75 Posts

[Post New]by debraljensen on Jun 14, 12 2:08 AM

Edited on 06/14/2012 at 7:36:33 AM PST

Rebeca_Lily
Catfish
Catfish
1,515 Posts

[Post New]by Rebeca_Lily on Jun 14, 12 2:10 AM
I have all Elephant games, and enjoy them all.

When you are able to change the winter white background by adding to it some glamor and colors (I like the HOG scenes a lot) - the player will appreciate it, and buy your first class game!

All was said by Valdy, cbtx, and cherb...

I can add only one feature that is not mentioned: you can use the hint button, to be navigated around (without using the SG or the map). Of course I prefer the navigating arrows, but I accept the word navigation too and thanks developers for that too.

Thanks developers, thannks BF!

Nilosh
Clownfish
Clownfish
590 Posts

[Post New]by Nilosh on Jun 14, 12 2:15 AM
Doing the snoopy dance as I wait for the full version to down load. This game is excellent, wonderful graphics and artwork. Great storyline with voice overs and all the bells and whistle that a CE game should have. Kdos to the developers who are now amongst my favorites. A wonderful HOPA with game features that include voice overs, an interactive map and a cute littel guy called Rupert who acts like you guide and hint provider. Let's not forget the Rooster that helps you collect those hard to reach items. I loved the art work and the sound effects. Game mechanics involve interactive HOS, puzzles and mini games to solve. ALso you have to collect hidden miniatures along the way and there are achievements to gain while you play. This game is not only fun but challenging at times which is great because I really need to work those little grey cells of mine. What more can a gal ask for? A great Big Thank you to BFG. Cheers everyone....

angelfish106
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,378 Posts

[Post New]by angelfish106 on Jun 14, 12 2:31 AM
Stopped playing after 40 minutes to buy this really excellent game As usual, this developer has come up with something quite wonderful and all my plans for today have gone straight out the window

Fabulous graphics, lovely widescreen without changing a thing (long past time certain other devs included this as standard), terrific voiceovers (have to agree with Valdy, that archer's voice is gorgeous!), inter-active HOS, puzzles so far not to difficult (but no doubt that will change!), music is very nice and not overly intrusive, loved Rupert (he gives you hints!) and a map which shows you not only places with something to do but takes you straight there as well!

Add to that achievements to be won, bonus content immediately accessible (except the extra gameplay of course), strategy guide that keeps your place and 3 modes of play; I can't think of anything else this dev could have done to make this CE any more worthy of the extra cost than it already is!

I'm off to play this exceptional offering from Elephant Games and give it

Edited on 06/14/2012 at 2:34:34 AM PST

[Post New]by dobbiemijnboekje on Jun 14, 12 3:07 AM
Wow, wow, and wow!!! What a great game, so beautiful. The devs are my favorite.
I love the rooster and the mineworker. What a great idea.

Valdy and other fishies have said enough. And Valdy is in love!

Thanks devs and BF.

margit50
Squid
Squid
69 Posts

[Post New]by margit50 on Jun 14, 12 3:56 AM
beautiful game, nothing else to add, i did not even finish playing my trial period. Just bought the game and I am downloading. Only sad thing is I have to go to work and can't play my game now, have to wait until late this evening.

sinshack
Flounder
Flounder
2,150 Posts

[Post New]by sinshack on Jun 14, 12 3:59 AM
What a great game! I especially love the hint system, which is so good I doubt I will need the Strategy Guide at all, unless I have a problem with a puzzle. Great graphics, interactive HO scenes, interesting storyline. I was shocked when the demo ended - it felt like I'd only been playing about 15 minutes!

I bought it with two of the half-price credits my kids got me for Mother's Day (thank you, BFG for that great sale!) I just heard the "it's done activiating" chime, so I'm off to play again!

Edited on 06/14/2012 at 4:00:22 AM PST

Poutoule
Archerfish
Archerfish
41,630 Posts

[Post New]by Poutoule on Jun 14, 12 4:03 AM
Played 25 minutes of the demo, casual mode :

- Elephant games
- 7 chapters + bonus play
- Integrated SG which stays where you leave it
- Map, you can jump from one place to the other
- You've got to find 26 miniatures throughout the game
- 3 gameplay modes, casual, advanced, hardcore
- Good voice overs
- Beautiful graphics
- You interact in H0
- The hint is a sweet little gnome, very useful outside H0
- Skip button
- Interesting story

Couldn't exit the game fast enough to buy it ! At long last a grand CE

Thanks Brehc I'll stick to the barrel

tj1147
Clownfish
Clownfish
654 Posts

[Post New]by tj1147 on Jun 14, 12 5:59 AM
To save space, I will just completely agree with all the positive reviews thus far!

It plays well, beautiful graphics, good voices, nice cut scenes, good story that I haven't seen before, animations, achievements, map, journal, etc, etc, etc! Everything that makes an excellent CE.

Thank you developers, and thank you BigFish Games for making this game available to us! An immediate purchase for me!

Hapless
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
427 Posts

[Post New]by Hapless on Jun 14, 12 5:59 AM
Really enjoying this game. I love having an army of little helpers instead of the usual
pick axes and fishing rods etc. I really loved it when the miner got cross 'cause his ax was not up to the job.

If you are out there CasualGran thanks again for your reply.

Linda

linda43416
Guppy
Guppy
143 Posts

[Post New]by linda43416 on Jun 14, 12 7:43 AM
Have to agree with all other reviews-great game! Wanted to wait till July to buy any games, but I don't think that will happen! Thanks to all who made this game possible, perfect.

cherbtoo
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
22,629 Posts

[Post New]by cherbtoo on Jun 14, 12 8:02 AM
ETA ... as I can't in my actual review above due to the restrictions on the number of characters allowed per post and I see that the end of my sentence was chopped off ...

A video which cannot be viewed until the bonus chapter has been played ... I presume this is because it gives the game away and so keeping this and the bonus chapter locked is perfectly understandable and fine by me as a potential customer.

Poutoule ... Please keep your fins off the and chocolate as they are rewards for the devs for doing such an excellent job with this game.

More quality games like this please devs and BFG

ETA 2 ... A fantastic game but I thought the bonus was short.

Edited on 07/04/2012 at 6:43:46 AM PST

angelfishp
Catfish
Catfish
1,600 Posts

[Post New]by angelfishp on Jun 14, 12 8:24 AM
What a great game!! I have nothing to add to all the great reviews that have been posted. I always liked Elephant games and to raise the bar a little higher, they listened to us and made good games even better. I clicked around very fast in a H0 scene and I received no penalty, which I appreciate. Thank you BF for bringing us a good quality CE game!

Go to: