bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

Reviews for Katy and Bob: Way Back Home

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Jun 17, 12 12:41 AM
Hi Fishies!

What do you think of Katy and Bob: Way Back Home? We’d love to hear all about it, as would many of the other fishies in our pond! You can now share your review on our website, just pop over to the Katy and Bob: Way Back Home page here.

Unsure how to submit a review? Please check our help article Big Fish Game Reviews for more information.

After sharing your review on our website, please feel free to repost your review in this thread!

Remember, a lot of fishies that will be reading your review will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include the words SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post .

To help other players get the most out of your review, you could add a note stating if you played the trial or full version and how far you have gotten in the game.

If you’re experiencing technical issues with this game, be sure to swim over to the support thread dedicated to the game here.

**If you are seeking game help, the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the Game Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion'!

Happy gaming!

bfgBaikal

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

Re:Reviews for Katy and Bob: Way Back Home

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Jun 17, 12 12:42 AM
Hi Fishies,

I just wanted to add to the OP: This thread has been reserved for reviews only.

If you have any questions about someone else’s review (even if you feel that their review contains incorrect details about this game) please contact that user directly via PM instead of replying to or quoting their post as this can develop into a discussion that is not suitable to the review thread.

While the reviews in this thread are first and foremost helpful to other players, they also tell us and all who were involved in making this game, what you liked/disliked most, what you’d like to see more/less of in future games, etc. This can only help us in continuing to provide better games, which is what we all want!

We want to ensure that everyone who visits this thread can easily find the reviews that they’re looking for, so the Moderation Team will be proactively removing any off-topic posts (i.e. non-reviews) that pop up in this thread.

For any non-review related posts, please feel free to create a "Comments" thread in this Game Forum if there isn't one already. You can always create a new thread for any game questions or tips.

Thank you!

bfgBaikal

[Post New]by FishForever on Jun 17, 12 4:24 AM
Finally, a decent Dash-style Time Management game. This is the best one i've seen in a long while, although Burger Bustle 2 was also great but we very rarely get this kind of game isn't it?

Graphics are colorful and the gameplay is simple but both entertaining and addicting! You have a lot of upgrade options and also collect coins to upgrade special skills.

Also there're extra tasks every levels, fruit catching mini game after several levels and also hearts to collect for the firework to launch! These extra elements add to the fun!

Great great game and it seems to be pretty long too, can't miss for TM fans...

Edited on 06/17/2012 at 6:39:32 AM PST

GloomySunday
Guppy
Guppy
167 Posts

[Post New]by GloomySunday on Jun 17, 12 6:30 AM
Fabulous game!!!!!!!!

The basics are like in every other TM game - customers come, you bring them a menu, they order, they pay, they leave. However, there are several nice extras added:

1. You have to prepare some of the orders - make juice from fruits, let the barkeeper mix drinks, chill drinks, add lemon to drinks etc. New products are added quite quickly, which I think is great because there is a lot of variety.
2. As with most TM games, chain actions bring a bonus. In this game, a heart symbol drops on the ground and you can gather it by moving the cursor over it (no need to click, just move the cursor over it, which is convenient and time-saving. Tips are gathered the same way). These hearts add up in a "fireworks reservoir" and once it's full, you can start fireworks which increase customers' moods and bring further tips.
3. There is always an extra task, like serving a certain amount of customers, making a certain amount of chain actions etc. If you fulfill this task, you get extra gold coins, if you don't fulfill it, there's no penalty.Gold coins can be exchanged for special upgrades.

Graphics are a bit cartoony, but okay. Pace is quick (I chose "normal" game mode. There is a basic or easy game mode where customers don't get impatient so quickly), customers get impatient quickly, though there are different types. As I said, preparing the orders makes for a lot of variety, the new way of collecting the bonus icons is fun. In spite of the pace, I made expert on all levels so far, I don't know how much more difficult it will get later on.

Didn't even finish the demo before I bought this one. Thanks for this great game!

Csustar
Clownfish
Clownfish
565 Posts

[Post New]by Csustar on Jun 17, 12 6:36 AM
Love this game!! Graphics are so bright and clear! There are 2 modes, easy and normal. I chose normal, as I feel like I am a decent TM gamer. You have to meet a set money goal to reach expert, there also is a task to accomplish for extra money. You can still get expert without doing the task, but takes longer to build up money for upgrades.
I like you can make things up ahead of time and can upgrade her tray to carry more than 2 items. I only played about 5 levels, and just have to get it. So happy to see a TM GAME !!!!!!!

nixyseven
Guppy
Guppy
142 Posts

[Post New]by nixyseven on Jun 17, 12 9:47 AM
I really like this game.. I tried the demo, and then decided to buy after the full hour.

On normal, it can be kind of tricky to get the gold coin tasks AND expert each time, but they aren't necessary to move on.

Very enjoyable, and I loved just being able to hover over money and bonuses to pick them up, rather than click click click. Great game!

MsHamster
Lobster
Lobster
87 Posts

[Post New]by MsHamster on Jun 17, 12 11:14 AM
Only 1/2 way thru the demo. Not loving it, but it's not bad.

Full screen mode - really isn't full screen and the game area is not centered - menus at the bottom look cut off and you just have to know which bar at the bottom is for what purpose (options and exit on the main screen; main, antique shop, exit for both shops).

The game itself is fun, tho for some reason I'm always hitting the wrong table and have to reclick to get the right one.

Imberis
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,263 Posts

[Post New]by Imberis on Jun 17, 12 6:27 PM
This is a pretty good time management game! You run as bar as Bob and Katy (or rather, Katy, as Bob just sort of sits there most of the time and waits for Katy to request an order). There are two modes, one of which makes the customers easier to deal with. There are trophies (hooray) to collect for doing various things around the game. If you serve multiple customers, you get little hearts which fill up a box, which in turn you can use to set off fireworks that make the customers happier.

Pros:
- Cute graphics, bright and colorful
-You can earn money for upgrades in two ways. One: Through making regular money at the bar to use to make the bar nicer. Two: By getting a "gold" score you get tokens to use at an antique shop for upgrades (i.e., make Katy walk faster)
-Good tutorial/explanations

Cons:
-Story is not great, but it's not that big of a deal.
-Some customers are super impatient, even in the first few levels.

FORTUNATUS
Clownfish
Clownfish
883 Posts

[Post New]by FORTUNATUS on Jun 17, 12 8:56 PM

Cute TM game with a fun plot... graphics a bit simple (cartoony w/little detail) and actions required a tad repetitive, yet the game does offer increasing difficulties and multi tasking as game goes on. There is a store for upgrades in both action/abilities and aesthetics.

Overall a happy, rewarding game... only criticism from me would be that the chain SFX sounds too much like arcade SFX, yet everything else about the game is great.

Thanks BFG... TM is a new love of mine and the choice was very much appreciated!

Tiger2010
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,624 Posts

[Post New]by Tiger2010 on Jun 18, 12 2:15 AM
I almost gave this one a miss, simply because it is a drinks serving game - my personal preference with these food Dash games is simply that I enjoy serving meals and burgers a lot more than drinks. However, I tried the Demo and bought the game.

As everyone says, the graphics are great and it becomes challenging quite quickly, even on "Easy" mode. But that's what you expect from a Dash TM. This one's certainly one of the best TMs that's come out for a long time. The Antique Shop is a great idea and the monkeys are super cute.

All in all, a great welcome game when you've played one too many of the other genre.

lisablue4369
Flounder
Flounder
2,105 Posts

[Post New]by lisablue4369 on Jun 18, 12 7:10 AM

Edited on 06/19/2012 at 5:10:28 AM PST

coppermermaid
Guppy
Guppy
116 Posts

[Post New]by coppermermaid on Jun 18, 12 8:44 AM
I've only played the trial but it seems to be pretty good. The customers just pop up at the tables, no drag and drop. It has a custom pointer but it reacts good and the clicks are recognized. So far no game play bugs but I got expert scores on a level and not an expert rating. I feel it's a good game to buy. People are reporting some technical issues so get the trial version first.

Katy and Bob: Is my type of game.Purchased it whithout trial.Fun,fast. At least Timemanegment, I

[Post New]by LuckyHappy on Jun 20, 12 11:25 AM
bfgBaikal wrote:Hi Fishies,

I just wanted to add to the OP: This thread has been reserved for reviews only.

If you have any questions about someone else’s review (even if you feel that their review contains incorrect details about this game) please contact that user directly via PM instead of replying to or quoting their post as this can develop into a discussion that is not suitable to the review thread.

While the reviews in this thread are first and foremost helpful to other players, they also tell us and all who were involved in making this game, what you liked/disliked most, what you’d like to see more/less of in future games, etc. This can only help us in continuing to provide better games, which is what we all want!

We want to ensure that everyone who visits this thread can easily find the reviews that they’re looking for, so the Moderation Team will be proactively removing any off-topic posts (i.e. non-reviews) that pop up in this thread.

For any non-review related posts, please feel free to create a "Comments" thread in this Game Forum if there isn't one already. You can always create a new thread for any game questions or tips.

Thank you!

bfgBaikal

Edited on 06/20/2012 at 11:26:43 AM PST

barbiecats2000
Catfish
Catfish
1,668 Posts

[Post New]by barbiecats2000 on Jun 30, 12 1:48 PM
This game is exceptionally difficult in my opinion. I bought the game because I like it and wanted a challange but. . .

I'm playing in the easy mode and I must have made a mistake or something with the upgrades because I am struggling and struggling. I'm at level 13 after having to play the last couple of levels several time over and over.

I like the game but it's way too difficult. Just my opinion.

[Post New]by Glossary on Jul 2, 12 5:07 AM
The game was fun to start off with but then got boring.
The graphics are ok.
The game, at times seemed to easy and at times seemed to hard. Reminded me game Turbo Subs

mendolyn
Guppy
Guppy
129 Posts

[Post New]by mendolyn on Jul 9, 12 7:22 AM
i really enjoyed the demo of this and am picking it up today. it's a great little time killing TM game. the graphics are bright and attractive and the premise is cute (get those lazy kids to work for a living lol). i thought the upgrades and the minigames really added to the fun and i liked the playing style. there is a lot of multitasking to do but you can start your machines going and drinks mixing before the customers arrive and that helps get you going at the beginning of each level. overall i'd say its definitely worth getting and i'd give it a 4 out of 5. the game can get a little hectic at times but otherwise pretty fun! TM fans will probably really like it and it's definitely worth a demo.

happy gaming

mom68
Guppy
Guppy
153 Posts

[Post New]by mom68 on Jul 16, 12 11:59 AM
I demo'd this game and didn't find this was the game for me. I've played these types of games before, and I don't like stressing over making the customers happy when they already arrive unhappy. This game strikes me very much like Spa Mania did: Having to deal with rude customers is not the way I want to spend the end of my evening unwinding after a long day.

Others may like this type of game, and I wish them well. However, this is a no buy for me.

Happy Gaming, Fishes!

Reviews for Katy and Bob: Way Back Home

[Post New]by mom1611 on Jul 17, 12 11:07 AM
I like time management games like this one over the hide and seek. Really enjoyed. it. Received expert at all levels and met all challenges except for Levels 55 and 56. No matter what it is not possible I firmly believe. I didn't read the storyline as I like the game play instead. The graphics are no cheesier than other dash games but it can get your going with great speed. You can easily go back and play different levels to win the challenges or receive the expert level if you desire.

[Post New]by nellyandjohnny on Jul 26, 12 5:58 AM
On the whole this is a really cute TM game, but after reaching a certain level (23 maybe?) I could very very rarely get 'expert' and some levels I couldn't complete the tasks no matter how hard I tried. It's certainly a challenging one!

SPOILER ALERT: (i think) - I would say that there could be more noticeable differences when you move to new bars - you do start feeling in the latter levels that it's a bit 'more of the same' over and over again. You do however get value for money in that it's a long game, the graphics are cute and I love the bar mixing theme - it's fun. It's got that addictive edge we love in dash games - so on the whole a tick from me. Although, have to agree ..it may prove more stressful than relaxing, especially if you have to deal with tricky customers at work LOL!

Geluvweez
Guppy
Guppy
106 Posts

[Post New]by Geluvweez on Oct 10, 12 1:37 AM
The graphic is abit like Turbo Pizza which i like so this is a buy for me!!

Go to: