Senior Citizens sign in!!

Re:Senior Citizens sign in!!

[Post New]by globetrotter217 on Feb 26, 18 1:29 PM
No, Trav3lbird it is definitely not you. I find Powder Peak difficult and not too exciting. I have done practically all event cities and many 100%, but will give this one a miss.

I don't really understand why they are putting on so many events practically at the same time. Lots of Everests and then an Event City just after the Blizzard Everest and now the marathon consecutively...

Lambina
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,123 Posts

[Post New]by Lambina on Feb 26, 18 1:39 PM
Has anybody done the math on the costs to complete a city to 100% and do you actually come out ahead on the coins with the rewards? I noticed in the resource thread that some of the cities list the rewards.
Another thing, yesterday when I did the gold fever on the last level I got 150 coins for the reward but I did not get the 60 coins for completing the third tier of that level, has it always been that way and I just now noticed? I felt ripped off.

GamingGrampa
Herring
Herring
361 Posts

[Post New]by GamingGrampa on Feb 26, 18 4:14 PM
Actually Lambina we had a running discussion about that around the end of last summer, a couple of players put together a thread called "Completion rewards" you can find the link in the helpful links for Gummy Drop thread on the forum home page! Like the "Resources Needed to build Monuments" thread it's a work in progress, but you will find enough info to help you make a decision either way, for myself I've completed a few cities and I can tell you that for the most part the return on investment is not great.

Edited on 02/26/2018 at 4:23:18 PM PST

OOo_jules_oOO
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,045 Posts

[Post New]by OOo_jules_oOO on Feb 26, 18 4:31 PM
globetrotter, I am loving all the event cities and the repeating Everest and marathons with the added boosts on the completion of those and the unlimited lives time. Its really helping me work towards 100% completion in a few cities to finish off the really hard levels. If these were not offered by GD, we would harldy ever get any free boosts etc I have 4 other games I play on a less regular basis on my ipad, but with each of them, they give a daily free boost/s and all I have to do is simply open them once a day so I do them all around the same time just to get the boosts in their banks. The daily scratch tickets and treasure chests on GD are not going anywhere near that standard and are not worth the bother. So maybe this is the GD equivalent of giving away so many boosts that other games do?

Lambina
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,123 Posts

[Post New]by Lambina on Feb 26, 18 5:23 PM
I agree GD is not a very generous game with daily give away's and then they added the travel vouchers to lessen the chance of getting an extra life on the wheel spin.

CliveJ
Starfish
Starfish
52 Posts

[Post New]by CliveJ on Feb 26, 18 7:08 PM
I did the marathon in Beijing, and found the hours worth of infinite lives to be brilliant for finishing off all the tier 2 and tier 3 levels that I needed to.

kailuaauntie
Guppy
Guppy
133 Posts

[Post New]by kailuaauntie on Feb 26, 18 8:57 PM
Trav3lbird & globetrotter217 — couldn’t agree with you more — PP is more difficult and the side events are more fun when they are really “special” and not so bunched up. GD is a good game but it can be frustrating.

missbethann
Lobster
Lobster
83 Posts

[Post New]by missbethann on Feb 28, 18 6:02 AM
Everest Challenge popped up this morning. Just wasted 5 lives on the first one. Has 2 timed gummies and ICE all around them. Clear all that garbage then you have 2 souvenirs that have to be moved to the bottom of the board. I can see from here that the "rewards" are going to be a fraction of what it will cost to get that far. Think I will pass on this one. Good luck to the brave at heart.

lordkalvan
Stingray
Stingray
5,577 Posts

[Post New]by lordkalvan on Feb 28, 18 6:09 AM
Either I got lucky or was given different puzzles. I didn't take screenshots this time. I finished Everest without losing any lives, and only boost used was one shovel on the third level.

And on a different topic: PP is now saying 11 days left. I could have sworn yesterday it said 8 or fewer. Did they extend it?

Edited on 02/28/2018 at 6:11:29 AM PST

keitht53
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
461 Posts

[Post New]by keitht53 on Feb 28, 18 6:16 AM
PP time has been extended. I actually saw it change from 4 days to 11 this morning. As I've finished it makes no difference to me apart from being able to use the remain resources to sell each day.
The only problem I had with the Everest Challenge was failing level 2 at the first attempt. Realised what I was doing wrong and got through 1 to 4 next time round. Level 5 can wait until I have more time to spare. It would be nice if they could modify things so the free time clock stopped when you close GD down. 4 hours is a lot to dedicate at one sitting.

lordkalvan
Stingray
Stingray
5,577 Posts

[Post New]by lordkalvan on Feb 28, 18 6:50 AM
It's just two hours for this Everest. But yeah, I rarely play more than 20 minutes at a time.

Lambina
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,123 Posts

[Post New]by Lambina on Feb 28, 18 9:03 AM
I have a hard time sitting through two hours, I could not do four, I wish the bonus time clock was separate and only ran during logged in time so it could be used as wanted, but I'm sure that won't ever happen. It kind of seems like the boards get tighter during that free play time and I make more progress playing on the five lives, on the two hours it seems like I have to play the same level twenty times over before I can finally beat it and then I get totally frustrated and walk away.

GamingGrampa
Herring
Herring
361 Posts

[Post New]by GamingGrampa on Feb 28, 18 11:58 AM
Okay, nice to know that I wasn't going nuts, had 5 days left on the PP event when I went to bed, today it has an extra week tacked on! Also saw a post from glitter about something weird with the resources in Havana, not sure what's going on with that.

[Post New]by glitter2goldfish on Feb 28, 18 4:39 PM
My original post to grampa regarding Havana has disappeared from the forum. Can't find it anywhere it is just gone!! Anyway monument 4 requirements are now 310,000 bricks and 4 green gems.

Happy Gaming
Glitter

Lambina
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,123 Posts

[Post New]by Lambina on Feb 28, 18 5:40 PM
glitter2goldfish wrote:My original post to grampa regarding Havana has disappeared from the forum. Can't find it anywhere it is just gone!! Anyway monument 4 requirements are now 310,000 bricks and 4 green gems.

Happy Gaming
Glitter

That post did not disappear it is on the second page of the forum, I just saw it, has one response from rrrob.

lordkalvan
Stingray
Stingray
5,577 Posts

[Post New]by lordkalvan on Feb 28, 18 6:04 PM
When threads can't be found, I look in "My Posts" (under My Profile) because if I have posted on the thread in the past couple of weeks it is usually easy to get to from there.

OOo_jules_oOO
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,045 Posts

[Post New]by OOo_jules_oOO on Mar 1, 18 5:16 AM
I have no idea whats going on, but I have just got the marathon and its already disappeared before I could complete the second level in it, so I got nada, zip, zilch! not even the first reward, let alone get to the tenth level and have the hours unlimited lives. And, you guys all seem to have another Everest? Still not hit my ipad yet. Something weird going on. The time it did say I had for the marathon was 2d7h, went to update something else on my ipad, came back to GD, its gone. And the time remaining for PP showing on there is vastly reduced now, noticed a few comments about it having been extended (no idea why they would do that) but mine has gone down. Not that it matters, I had completed it anyway, but just mentioning it.

Trav3lbird
Clownfish
Clownfish
823 Posts

[Post New]by Trav3lbird on Mar 1, 18 12:57 PM
On my iPad PP is showing another 10 days 10 hours and Everest 1 day 11 hours! Definitely something odd happening I got the marathon about 3 days ago with no problems

Edited on 03/01/2018 at 12:58:30 PM PST

[Post New]by glitter2goldfish on Mar 1, 18 3:02 PM
Not only does it seem the game is glitching with time and events but I am having extreme difficulty posting to the forum. It is just hit and miss with my PM messages but I can't post at all to the forum. Have been trying to reply to posts since last night with no luck. Let's see if this one goes through.

Best regards
Glitter

Okay this is crazy just glad it actually worked. Fingers crossed it has worked it self out now.

Edited on 03/01/2018 at 3:09:41 PM PST

Trav3lbird
Clownfish
Clownfish
823 Posts

[Post New]by Trav3lbird on Mar 2, 18 2:28 PM
I have having difficulty even accessing the forum for the past 18 hours but it seems to be OK today so it might just be my glitch, not the site.

Go to: