bfgCimarron
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,902 Posts

Post any 1 Moment of Time: Silentville technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgCimarron on Jun 17, 12 4:39 PM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

*Please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

giddiup101
Minnow
Minnow
282 Posts

Re:Post any 1 Moment of Time: Silentville technical issues here only

[Post New]by giddiup101 on Jun 17, 12 5:36 PM
My game keeps crashing right after i put the map together and get the safe combo.

Pinkbudgie
Lobster
Lobster
80 Posts

[Post New]by Pinkbudgie on Jun 17, 12 5:52 PM
Same here. I get a runtime error as soon as I put the map together on the refrigerator in the kitchen which shows the 5 digit code. The game then shuts down and goes to desktop.

[Post New]by Chris855 on Jun 17, 12 6:04 PM
Experienced same runtime error problems with fridge and clock scenes. I uninstalled and reinstalled the game and everything worked fine. Despite the reinstall the game restarted where I left off, so I didn't lose anything.

SeverineSnape
Stingray
Stingray
5,357 Posts

[Post New]by SeverineSnape on Jun 17, 12 6:18 PM
BFG just uploaded a new version of the game in which the runtime errors have been fixed. Just uninstall and reinstall the game and it should work fine (and you won't need to start a new game).

dollyflower
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,373 Posts

[Post New]by dollyflower on Jun 17, 12 6:41 PM
Uninstalled and reinstalled after the update and changed profles. I still can't play the game. It took about 5-10 minutes to change my profile and even then there was no activity in the first scene (the train station). Then took forever to exit out. Too bad, might have been a good game. I did change to my system cursor and it then moved freely,but I didn't get any response from clicking. Perhaps someone needs to go back and take another look.

SeverineSnape
Stingray
Stingray
5,357 Posts

[Post New]by SeverineSnape on Jun 17, 12 6:54 PM
dollyflower wrote:Uninstalled and reinstalled after the update and changed profles. I still can't play the game. It took about 5-10 minutes to change my profile and even then there was no activity in the first scene (the train station). Then took forever to exit out. Too bad, might have been a good game. I did change to my system cursor and it then moved freely,but I didn't get any response from clicking. Perhaps someone needs to go back and take another look.
I did notice the game starts quite slow. When you arrive at the platform and do nothing, nothing happens. Click anywhere and you will get lightning and a scene with ageing hands - you didn't get that at all?

blue1955
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by blue1955 on Jun 17, 12 8:37 PM
Game freezes after putting puzzle together on the refrigerator. Tried it several times

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Jun 18, 12 1:17 AM
Hi Fishies,

I just wanted to pop in and ask that anyone experiencing issues with this game after uninstalling and reinstalling it, to please get in touch with our Tech Support Team for further assistance by clicking on the green to the right of the page.

This will help us to track any further issues that may need addressing and also, to provide some support speific to your system.

Hope this helps!

bfgBaikal

[Post New]by NancySusan on Jun 18, 12 6:03 AM
This cursor on this game was slow enough in the first version that I exited in the railway station without trying to go any further. I uninstalled and then installed the new version and if anything it was even slower and the rail scene took forever to load and then it took forever to exit. Nothing worked. Too bad. By the way, I have something like 4 CE's of different complex games I've downloaded and am either in the middle of playing or have played the beginning and will return to them. None have any particular problems with play.

gobaba
Starfish
Starfish
47 Posts

[Post New]by gobaba on Jun 18, 12 6:21 PM
I down-loaded the patch, and have a different problem. The game says I need to take the axe out of the stump by the woodsman's house, but though it highlights at a distance, up close the cursor doesn't recognize it and won't pick it up.

Tired of this, moving on to another game without history of glitches. Call me when you get ALL the glitches fixed.

bamlink
Guppy
Guppy
196 Posts

[Post New]by bamlink on Jun 18, 12 7:07 PM
Game malfunctions with the screen breaking up into blocks of graphics at the HO scene in the car (2nd one).

I uninstalled and reinstalled and it happened again.

Shame. This was a really good game.

PENNY7777
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by PENNY7777 on Jun 18, 12 8:23 PM
i have tried to play this game so many times and get no where .......it runs so slow and i got to the train station with the old hands and that's it it stops does nothing i have uninstalled 7 times new game manager many times as well and even with the new version nothing happens it is very madding to have this happen so many times i would like to play this game but it looks like it is not meant to be i paid for one got one free on this so does this mean i do not get aother game to replace this one that does not work? thank you

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Jun 19, 12 2:30 AM
Hi again Fishies,

I am really sorry to see reports of this game failing at different junctures; I know that it must be frustrating for you all.

Now that the New Build of the game has been released, we had hoped the game would run more smoothly.

For those of you still experiencing performance issues, please run a Dr. Felix report and then send that over to our Tech Support team, as this would really help us out as we continue looking into this.

Of course the Team will be happy to assist you with troubleshooting and provide also to some other options to you.

Thank you,

bfgBaikal

Linnyloos
Starfish
Starfish
49 Posts

[Post New]by Linnyloos on Jun 19, 12 1:36 PM
I had the runtime error on the puzzle too but that is now fixed. My problem now is that when I get all four of the shapes I get to the station platform and even when I click on Hint it goes to the guy on the bench. When I click on him and try using all in my inventory ............ nothing happens. I cannot go any further. Getting really frustrated now. Paid money and nothing but bugs !!!

SeverineSnape
Stingray
Stingray
5,357 Posts

[Post New]by SeverineSnape on Jun 19, 12 2:16 PM
Did you give the guy on the bench your flower potion?

[Post New]by dylansmom1979 on Jun 20, 12 11:53 AM
My game wont even load, I did install the update, I click play in the manager and it just never loads, no error message or anything, just doesnt load.

Tried reinstall tried restarting my laptop, nothing works. I even did Control Alt Delete to see if I could even end the task so I can try starting the game again without having to of the same program running at the same time, couldnt find the game at all in my tasks running.

I also tried clicking the shortcut icon it made on my desktop, still nothing. I have never had a Big Fish Game just not even start to load, usually if anything a game acts like it will load, then gives whatever error message.

This game just nothing at all.

bfgMonongahela
Manatee
Manatee
4,448 Posts

[Post New]by bfgMonongahela on Jun 20, 12 12:20 PM
Hi dylansmom1979,

I'm sorry to hear you're having such trouble getting this game to load for you!

Since you've already tried some things to get it working, I think it's definitely best to get in touch with our Tech Support team now. They'll be able to take a look at how the game is working on your computer and give you more specific things to try.

You can contact them by clicking on the green envelope on the right to get to our Help pages. From there, click "Contact Us" on the left of that screen to submit a support ticket.

If you're a Big Fish Game Club member, you can also connect to Live Chat Support Monday-Friday 7:30am-4:30pm PST.

bfgMonongahela

[Post New]by mo2txseesaw on Jun 20, 12 5:28 PM
I downloaded the free trial and could not get it to do anything. I didn't get past the opening screen. There is so much hesitation with the cursor that I could not even get it to point to "skip" or "exit". The only way I could get out of the game was to finally turn off the computer at the switch without using the normal turn off function. I had read reviews and thought it would be a fun game to buy, but I am afraid that even then I would have problems and waste my money. Any suggestions. HELP HELP HELP

rubywilms
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by rubywilms on Jun 20, 12 6:53 PM
Fridge Magnet

rubywilms ,jellyfish on Jun 20, 12 9:527 PM
I am having trouble with the puzzle on the fridge. It says error as soon as I finish it and it goes out to thye beginning of the game. can anyone tell me how to fix this, Thank-you

Edited on 06/20/2012 at 6:54:52 PM PST

Go to: