Nick Chase - TGT YEA!!!!!

Ynibor
Minnow
Minnow
279 Posts

Nick Chase - TGT YEA!!!!!

[Post New]by Ynibor on Feb 3, 09 12:26 AM
I beta tested this game a few weeks ago and couldn't wait for it to be released. I loved it ... hope you do too!

vickie39
Seahorse
Seahorse
36 Posts

Re:Nick Chase - TGT YEA!!!!!

[Post New]by vickie39 on Feb 3, 09 12:42 AM
am demo-ing it now. cursor is slow and jumpy, but looks like one i'd buy for sure.

mummypops
Koi
Koi
80,817 Posts

[Post New]by mummypops on Feb 3, 09 12:46 AM
TRying out myself in a bit, downloaded okay, will probably buy, will try first.

Welcome to the pond Vickie39.

Edited on 02/03/2009 at 12:47:07 AM PST

Miern
Salmon
Salmon
2,592 Posts

[Post New]by Miern on Feb 3, 09 1:04 AM
Looks good so far! This one is a definite BFG, you have redeemed yourselves!
M

[Post New]by yug1og1irl on Feb 3, 09 1:25 AM
I'm trying out the demo of Nick Chase, but I can't see my cursor. In some games my regular cursor won't work, but it's fine when I switch to a game's special cursor. This Nick Chase game doesn't seem to have one that I can see. Anyone else having this problem? It looks like a cool game, and it's frustrating that I can't play it.

bribling
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,396 Posts

[Post New]by bribling on Feb 3, 09 1:40 AM
Be sure to look at the other thread that Picman started on this game

scotcat
Flounder
Flounder
2,349 Posts

[Post New]by scotcat on Feb 3, 09 1:45 AM
bribling wrote:Be sure to look at the other thread that Picman started on this game

Where? I can't find it.

[Post New]by hrfrdbcc on Feb 3, 09 1:47 AM
Try in small screen mode if you can. That might help.

Anniejo
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
24,109 Posts

[Post New]by Anniejo on Feb 3, 09 1:53 AM
Hi Scotcat,
it´s the thread called The Big Fish's favorite game since RTR

bribling
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,396 Posts

[Post New]by bribling on Feb 3, 09 1:58 AM
scotcat wrote:
bribling wrote:Be sure to look at the other thread that Picman started on this game

Where? I can't find it.

http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/21370.page

scotcat
Flounder
Flounder
2,349 Posts

[Post New]by scotcat on Feb 3, 09 2:19 AM
Ok, finally found it. Thanks. I wrote down my thoughts about the game there.

Journey_1
Herring
Herring
337 Posts

[Post New]by Journey_1 on Feb 3, 09 2:45 AM
I guess I'm alone here. I just didn't like this game at all. Really wordy, alot of reading and clicking to get past it. Plus I don't care for the sketchy graphics. Just not fun to put it plain and simple. Too bad as I haven't played anything good in some time now

Poodlebear
Manatee
Manatee
4,049 Posts

[Post New]by Poodlebear on Feb 3, 09 3:53 AM
Ok... Wow... Hmm..

*Serious* LOVE HATE relationship with this game.

- Started out loving the game. The graphics and art style I thought was fabulous. I like the comic book style pulp fiction thing happening there. Music fit the style as well, though pretty unnoticeable. The story was engaging and for once the voice acting didn't hurt. The main guy sounded like Robbie Robertson, a big plus in my book. I like the reading so that's cool with me. Because of the voice acting not sucking I didn't mind listening to it, tho the quick click took 2 clicks, so that's bad for those who do. I loved *most* of the game play. The inventory puzzles were intuitive and challenging, but not terribly hard. No timer is of course a plus. I also liked most of the mini-game style puzzles: tho nothing new there, there's a nice retooling of about every type you can think of. Mini-games had skips, a plus, but they took a long time to fill. This qualifies in both my love and hate categories. It got me to try some puzzles I wouldn't have, which was good. Also gave me time to make a snack. Also good.

- IF there is a series of puzzles in a row DO NOT make me start over with puzzle #1 if I fail puzzle #3! ...and that's the bit about the slow fill skip I hated. After failing and having a puzzle restart at the beginning I lose my patience quickly. I want that skip now. If you have the skip, why hold it back? The gear puzzle made me CRAZY! ...and I normally love, and am good at, this style of puzzle. The gears would not pick up properly and there was no reset. There are several "quick click" puzzles. Also a big no in poodleland. I don't like 'em but realize this is personal taste, due mostly to my disabled hands and my aversion to adrenalin. IF the skip had been faster to fill this would have been less of an annoyance. The end was sudden and unsatisfying, though that might be because I was forced to skip the last puzzle. I would tell you why but it would be a spoiler. The end also came too soon. Yep, it's short. Probably did not get 3 full hours out of it even with waiting for skips and being forced to replay quick click puzzles. I would not be as bothered about this if there had not been the other annoyances.

So, bottom line is this was a game with huge potential, some of it exceedingly good, some of it beyond annoying. I hafta give it one of these:

midnight1864
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,170 Posts

[Post New]by midnight1864 on Feb 3, 09 4:02 AM
Well You have redeemed yourself!!! After the last 2 awfull games, Nick Chase looks good!
Love the fedora on Felix, The old Dragnet feel of the game is great! (I loved that show) I have played 30 min of demo & am purchasing it with a credit. No Timer, hints seem plentifull. Looks like you can play mini games seperate from the game, which is a plus. Don't know how long it will be?? Will check back in with more reviews after playing more.
But from where I sit, this seems to be a keeper!!!!

manndiee
Stingray
Stingray
5,395 Posts

[Post New]by manndiee on Feb 3, 09 4:12 AM
Well I played the demo, bought the game and was dismayed at how short and relatively easy it was.

Pros: No timer, plenty of hints(if you need them), loved the concept and artwork. Soundtrack wasn't awful and almost catchy The different puzzles were a plus.

Cons: Way too short! Finished this game shortly after finishing the demo and buying it, puzzles were easy (extremely easy for me).

I was left waiting for something more to happen. It seems to me (IMOO) that the game was game trying to get somewhere but didn't quite make it. I am hoping that if there is a sequel that it would be more in-depth and longer. Maybe have a puzzle selection option to make the puzzles easy, medium, hard or insane.

Edited on 02/03/2009 at 4:13:48 AM PST

Purplerabbit
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
18,590 Posts

[Post New]by Purplerabbit on Feb 3, 09 4:39 AM
First game I have demo'd in a long while! I quite enjoyed it, but don't think I will be buying it as it seemed a little easy and I didn't even see an HO element until nearly the end. My last 2 tasks were spot the difference and find the objects from the outlines, which I know some fishies hate.

Edited on 02/03/2009 at 4:41:52 AM PST

lordkalvan
Stingray
Stingray
5,577 Posts

[Post New]by lordkalvan on Feb 3, 09 4:49 AM
I played 30 minutes of the demo, and it's NOT grabbing me. Too much of the adventure type game, and so far at least the minigames are not all that interesting. I hate not being able to click faster through the cut scenes.

Well and I'm not fond of hard boiled detective stories either. Mostly I read science fiction, and when I do read mysteries I'm more likely to read one of Dorothy Sayers stories about Lord Peter Wimsey or one of the books (by 3? different authors) about Miss Seeton. Something that has a bit of humor in it.

The bright side is that the game won't be tempting me to not put in a full day of work today. I may end up buying it this weekend. Lately I've been buying 2 games a week, usually on weekends.

Edited on 02/03/2009 at 4:50:17 AM PST

comicseller
Flounder
Flounder
2,254 Posts

[Post New]by comicseller on Feb 3, 09 5:47 AM
I like it so far, just demoing it, but the cursor is slow. I really hate that. I not long ago (about 3 weeks maybe) upgraded my drivers and all else that they recomend upgrading, so I don't know if its my computer or the game.

Hallber
Minnow
Minnow
229 Posts

I like it, I bought it - and now I am stuck!

[Post New]by Hallber on Feb 3, 09 6:47 AM
Can't fathom out what to do to finish making my fake ID!

- I found the paper
- I did the signature
- I have taken the picture and developed it

I have put everything on the ID that I can

- I have put the letter tiles in the tile holder

Now what? Anyone got any idea?

I will keep plodding on till I find a solution...

Loving this game, by the way! :o)

Edited on 02/03/2009 at 6:48:44 AM PST

Purplerabbit
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
18,590 Posts

[Post New]by Purplerabbit on Feb 3, 09 6:50 AM
Hope this doesn't spoil the game!
Hallber, you need to stamp the top of the ID with the tile holder.

Go to: