bfgBaikal
8,624 Posts

Post any Big Kahuna Reef 3 technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Jun 18, 12 12:39 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

*Please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

saphhire
Minnow
Minnow
286 Posts

Re:Post any Big Kahuna Reef 3 technical issues here only

[Post New]by saphhire on Jun 18, 12 9:42 AM
I wonder did anyone else's computer crash on the 5th level my internet explorer asked me if I want to check for a solution I put yes and I restarted and was able to continue When started a new game with new name it crashed again on level 5 boo

divaprods
Guppy
Guppy
177 Posts

[Post New]by divaprods on Jun 18, 12 9:53 AM
My game crashed in the demo at the Jellyfish level. I hate buggy games, no buy for me

bfgMonongahela
4,448 Posts

[Post New]by bfgMonongahela on Jun 18, 12 11:17 AM
Hi saphhire and divaprods,

If you've tried the suggestions in the help article bfgBaikal links above (the one about game crashing), and are still having an issue at a particular level, please get in touch with our Tech Support team.

If this does turn out to be a glitch with the game itself, the information they can collect from you will really help us pinpoint where it's coming from and get a fix that much faster.

The details on how to contact them and send in a Dr. Felix Report documenting your issue are in the post we've created here.

Thanks so much!

bfgMonongahela

jessmom01
Starfish
Starfish
46 Posts

[Post New]by jessmom01 on Jun 18, 12 2:37 PM
I'm not sure this is a tech issue or not, but aside from graphix looking lousy, ie fuzzier than BKR2 for instance (which i have no problems with), the game movement is slow & jerky, & about drove me nuts when i demo'd. I normally play games that have a whole lot more going on than a M3, & wonder if it's just the game. Anyone else having the herky jerky issue with this?

Fish net not working properly

[Post New]by Marcie2304 on Jun 18, 12 11:46 PM
Hi, Just wanted to know if anyone else had had a problem with the fish net. It is not destroying the tile like it is suppose to.
Thanks
Marcie

88blyth
Catfish
Catfish
1,686 Posts

[Post New]by 88blyth on Jun 19, 12 12:37 AM
same problem here, slow and jerky movements, never had any problems with 1 and 2, loved those games, this is a big disappointment

[Post New]by RossItaly on Jun 19, 12 3:57 AM
With my new PC (/ professional) I have no problems with downloaded games, but I have with Big Kahuna reef and now with big kahuna reef 3: normal screen option is too tiny; full screen instead runs out on the right, that is I cant see athird of the immage and consequently cannot play. can someone help me?

muttmom
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
426 Posts

[Post New]by muttmom on Jun 19, 12 10:36 AM
My game keeps freezing up. Too bad I like this game.

bfgSeine
5,158 Posts

[Post New]by bfgSeine on Jun 19, 12 11:34 AM
Hi Fishies,

For those of you seeing some problems with slow or choppy gameplay, you can try some basic troubleshooting steps here on our help article that may help:

RossItaly, welcome to the Pond! Sometimes when your screen is cut off or isn't displaying properly, it can be caused by screen resolution settings. You can try adjusting those to see if that helps to get the game lined up correctly. Here's a help article that can assist you with that:

Screen Resolution

If those suggestions aren't working, please let our Tech Support team know so they can look into that further for you.

Happy gaming,

bfgSeine

[Post New]by Kellykay46 on Jun 19, 12 1:57 PM
BKR3 was also slow and "choppy" for me. I did as recommended and reinstalled Adobe and Shockwave player. It got a little better so I uninstilled the game and reinstalled it. Now it's just as bad as before. I didn't have any problems with the other two BKR's. First time I've ever installed a game without playing the trial first. Guess I learned my lesson after being a member for over 6 years! Any more suggestions?

cleep100
Guppy
Guppy
137 Posts

[Post New]by cleep100 on Jun 19, 12 6:48 PM
I am stuck at Level 20, out of 150 levels. I can replay the first 20 levels if I want to, but it won't let me go any higher. The game is not explaining what I need to do to advance. I don't get it.

bfgBaikal
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Jun 20, 12 3:30 AM
Hi Kellykay46 and cleep100,

I would encourage both of you to get in touch with our Tech Support team so that we can provide some more specific help to you both.

Kellykay46 - if you could run and include a Dr. Felix Diagnostic Report that will allow us to get to helping you right away and make some suggestions that should help your game to perform better for you!

cleep100 - by contacting our Tech Team, we will be be able to determine if there may be a tech issue preventing you for progressing and also provide some advice.

Hope this helps!

bfgBaikal

[Post New]by fiestygrl1 on Jun 20, 12 7:10 AM
I am having a problem getting the talismans on the levels they are available. I am at level 30 and only have 2 of the 4 talismans given for the levels in between, such as level 15 and 25. I feel like I am losing out big time because of the missing talismans.
Can anyone explain this?

[Post New]by beaderbabs on Jun 20, 12 11:29 AM
Love this game but the jerky slow movements are driving me crazy. I'm hoping if you review my Dr Felix file you can tell me if my lap top is causing the problem. Thanks. Oh yeah and I don't know how to attach my zip file so maybe we should start there.

bfgMonongahela
4,448 Posts

[Post New]by bfgMonongahela on Jun 20, 12 12:29 PM
Hi beaderbabs,

Thanks so much for taking the time to run a Dr. Felix for us! That will definitely help our Tech Support team see what might be causing those issues with this game.

Here's how you can attach that to your message into them:

First, go to the Contact page I'm linking here.

After you select a Category and fill in some info about the issue you're having, you should see a box that says Attach Documents. If you click the "Browse" button there, a window will come up where you can choose the Dr. Felix zip file.

Then, you can fill in the rest of the form with your contact info and submit the message.

We also have a great help article that goes through the whole process, including some great screenshots of what everything looks like. You can get to that article by clicking right here.

I hope that helps!

bfgMonongahela

Edited on 06/20/2012 at 12:30:01 PM PST

elboranch
Starfish
Starfish
57 Posts

[Post New]by elboranch on Jun 21, 12 10:54 AM
Slow and jerky, since this is a timed game it is not so good. I have updated my drivers as suggested but no luck. Never have problems with other games only this one !?

seawar
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by seawar on Jun 21, 12 12:00 PM
I'm so disapponted. The game keep freezes up on me. Is there a solution for this?

bfgSeine
5,158 Posts

[Post New]by bfgSeine on Jun 21, 12 1:21 PM
Hi seawar and elboranch,

If you haven't already tried the troubleshooting steps on our help article here, I recommend giving those a try:

There are a few different things on that help article you can try, such as updating software programs, drivers, and adjusting graphics settings. If those aren't working though, you can always contact our Tech Support team and they can look into the problem further for you.

Hopefully that helps, and happy gaming!

bfgSeine

[Post New]by mamajambo on Jun 21, 12 7:31 PM
I was so disappointed with BKR 3....the slow jerky movements are getting to me too. I bought it because I enjoyed the other ones so much....but when it turned out not to be top notch I thought maybe the issue was with my laptop but I tried everything to smooth it out....hope the developers fix this soon.

Go to: