zahnprod
Lobster
Lobster
93 Posts

Complete Strategy Guide Available (Storybook, Expert, and Quick Play)

[Post New]by zahnprod on Jun 18, 12 2:42 AM
This game IS hard to master.

There are a number of Walkthroughs you might find on Google following the advice of one of the mods here and some of the posters. However, none of those WTs (1) guarantees to help you get a Blue Ribbon (speedy) on every level or (2) provides help for the Expert or Quick Play levels.

Ours does.

We can't post a link here, but you can find it by searching on your favorite web search site for:
"Build-a-lot Fairy Tales Strategy Guide" (including the quotes)

- and make sure you search for "Strategy Guide" instead of "Walkthrough"

If that doesn't help, add my name to the search.

We have help for all Storybook, Expert, and Quick Play levels, including Videos, Tips, and step-by-step instructions. We may be adding something for the Casual Mode game, but we haven't yet decided if that's necessary.

We are also adding a Reference Guide that explains all the intricacies of how the game thinks (Rent and Value bonuses for Coveted Lots, Painting, Gilding, etc.).

And we are the same folks who wrote the Official Strategy Guide included in Royal Envoy 2 CE, so we sort of know what we're doing.

Please check it out.

Edited on 06/29/2012 at 3:02:11 AM PST

julesyhedgehog
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,850 Posts

Re:Expert Strategy Guide Available

[Post New]by julesyhedgehog on Jun 19, 12 6:41 PM
Thanks for the info but not all there aren't step by step instructions for all the Quick Play levels.

julesy

goeash
Koi
Koi
83,226 Posts

[Post New]by goeash on Jun 20, 12 8:30 AM
Thank you zahnprod - I have been stuck on level 15 for some time now - but with your help have completed it!!

zahnprod
Lobster
Lobster
93 Posts

[Post New]by zahnprod on Jun 24, 12 10:59 AM
julesyhedgehog wrote:Thanks for the info but not all there aren't step by step instructions for all the Quick Play levels.

julesy

Just an update. We now have step-by-step text instructions with sample strategies for all the Quick Play levels on our site. This should make our site the most complete Strategy Guide for the game available anywhere on the internet.

There is also a quick Getting Started page with some basic tips.

Thanks for those who have visited our site and sent us positive comments. It's a pleasure to help out players.

julesyhedgehog
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,850 Posts

Re:Complete Strategy Guide Available (Storybook, Expert, and Quick Play)

[Post New]by julesyhedgehog on Jun 29, 12 4:39 PM
Thanks a lot! Very nice.

[Post New]by bonneymomma on Jul 7, 12 7:59 AM
Just bookmarked it THANKS!!!!

Yaelle
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,317 Posts

[Post New]by Yaelle on Jun 9, 13 2:09 AM
I cant believe it.

From a comparison standpoint, I would never have guessed that the same guys make what I think are my 2 absolute favorite Mac/PC games in the past several years!! Build a Lot & Royal Envoy.

I am even more impressed with them now & I didn't know that was possible. Want to hear how "into" Royal Envoy 2 I had become for awhile? Bought it on my Mac, my phone and then again re-bought the CE when I found out that it included a massive amount of content. Played those games obsessively. But wait! There's more!! I had a terrible experience in the past couple of years where I had MacBook. It was about 4 years old so it was getting up there in age but it still worked perfectly fine so there was no need to replace it. Well, I dropped it on the floor, creating a need. So I had no money at all (am on disability so I don't have fluctuating pay or overtime or anything). So I killed the laptop but being home all the time & being just ick, and I was only like 31 or 32 a couple years ago I could not allow myself to sit here with nothing to do all day. That would be detrimental to my mental health. Sooo I financed a new MacBook. That way I could move all of my data and all. FINANCING a lot of times = bad news lol but it was the best move for me.

So I had this overpriced laptop for 1 year before I dropped IT. Devastating. Anyway short story long I had lots & lots of computer software like games that I could not retrieve blah blah blah....I had backups of my docs & photos but not games. If not for BFG I'd be up a creek and its not even funny.

So....that is the short story of how I came to have bought so many different copies of Royal Envoy 2. lol.

Go to: