bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

Post any Haunting Mysteries: The Island of Lost Souls technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Jun 20, 12 12:39 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

*Please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

Slapahojo
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

Re:Post any Haunting Mysteries: The Island of Lost Souls technical issues here only

[Post New]by Slapahojo on Jun 20, 12 5:56 AM
I have downloaded this game 3 times and keep getting "error code 3". I followed instructions about uninstalling and reinstalling game manager. Downloaded game for the 4th time and still get the same error code. This happens all the time with Big Fish Games.

bfgRhone
Manatee
Manatee
4,302 Posts

Re:Post any Haunting Mysteries: The Island of Lost Souls technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgRhone on Jun 20, 12 6:19 AM
Slapahojo, if you find this happens for more games, I can strongly recommend to get in touch with our Tech Support to get this sorted out.

bfgRhone

[Post New]by villette on Jun 21, 12 3:36 AM
I have arranges all the flowers and now need to tie it with the ribbon, but nothing happens when I try and unwind the ribbon in order to cut it. According to the strategy guide it should unwind when I click on it but nothing happens. Is this a bug or have I missed something?!

baboula1
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by baboula1 on Jun 21, 12 10:48 AM
I remember downloading the CE and today(6.21.12) the SE was released but it said that the trial expired. How is that possible? It has happened on another game (don't remember which) and I thought it was a fluke. Since I didn't really care about the game, I didn't say anything. But now I'm wondering

addendum:

It is back!!! Thank you Cimarron

Edited on 06/21/2012 at 4:46:51 PM PST

SwampThang
Guppy
Guppy
189 Posts

[Post New]by SwampThang on Jun 21, 12 12:40 PM
The only tech problem I have run across, is in certain locations there is an annoying flash/flickering of the picture. Not really too much of a problem but it does interfere with my trying to find the lost soul.

bfgCimarron
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,902 Posts

[Post New]by bfgCimarron on Jun 21, 12 3:04 PM
Hi Fishies:

villette: It looks like once you arrange the flowers, just click the ribbon spool. A small piece should be hanging out. If one already is, then use the scissors to cut a piece off.

However if you try that and the game is still giving you trouble, I would try uninstalling and reinstalling it. This won't lose your place in the game, but can help if the game isn't responding as it should.

baboula1: I've found that if a game is showing expired before you've played it, then if you try uninstalling and reinstalling it, that can clear it up. (If you click the blue text it will take you to more information on how to do that).

SwampThang: One thing that might work as a work around is switching the game to windowed mode. To do this click options and uncheck the box for Full Screen. Sometimes making it smaller can make the graphics a little easier to process and cause it not to flicker.

However if you Fishies try these steps and the game is still giving you trouble, then don't hesitate to get in contact with our Customer Support team and one of our reps would be happy to take a closer looks with you:

How to get in contact with Customer Support

I hope this helps!

bfgCimarron

Edited on 06/21/2012 at 3:04:54 PM PST

moetoole
Squid
Squid
79 Posts

[Post New]by moetoole on Jun 22, 12 7:25 AM
A long transition betweeen scenes and a clunky cursor, that I couldn't seem to change, made this game seem slow. The first time it went back to Menu to put in your name, it gave an error message and closed. When I reopened it, it was slightly better, but still clunky, and slow to respond.

bfgSeine
Stingray
Stingray
5,158 Posts

[Post New]by bfgSeine on Jun 23, 12 12:31 PM
Hi moetoole,

I'm sorry to hear that. Depending on your operating system, there are a few things you can try to improve game performance. There are a few recommendations on this help article here you might consider trying:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

If the recommendations on that help article aren't working, you can always get in touch with our Tech Support team so they can figure out what's causing that.

Happy gaming,

bfgSeine

[Post New]by michelle4645 on Jul 18, 12 5:52 AM
I was playing the game...almost to the end when my laptop died. Since then I can't get the game to start at all. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the game twice after rebooting the computer. I think I may need to delete my save game file and start over .

bfgSeine
Stingray
Stingray
5,158 Posts

[Post New]by bfgSeine on Jul 18, 12 1:50 PM
Hi michelle4645,

I'm sorry to hear that happened. Since the computer shut down unexpectedly, you may be correct in saying that the saved data was damaged. If you contact our Tech Support team, they'll be happy to look further into that for you, as well as provide some information about deleting the data if that indeed is what's causing the problem.

I hope that helps!

bfgSeine

eskimo1203
Starfish
Starfish
43 Posts

[Post New]by eskimo1203 on Sep 8, 12 5:24 PM
I had been playing for a few minutes (started to the left side by lighthouse) and was able to play fine. when I went over to the right side past seagull and suitcase where there is a cut scene with some guy saying "She’s mine”, I was not able to skip this scene and when it finally ended, I had a black bar across the inventory. I can hover my curser over it to see what’s there (by name), but I have no idea how many photo pieces I have.

booksmart
Seahorse
Seahorse
26 Posts

[Post New]by booksmart on Sep 30, 12 3:54 PM
I am relatively near the beginning of the game and I can't proceed because I have to put the hammer together but first of all, it's almost impossible to click the twine and hold onto it and then when I place it on the table it keeps going back into my inventory. I've checked the hint button and it keeps showing me the table and the twine but it just won't go. Glitch?

[Post New]by kimanddale on Sep 30, 13 7:09 AM
Tech support,
Having trouble getting passed the check type of play screen prior to playing. Ive uninstalled and reinstalled twice, and double checked any apps that would conflict. (ie antiviral software, firewall etc...) Please Advise. Thank you.

Go to: