Luckystar18
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,663 Posts

Unable to retrieve disk piece

[Post New]by Luckystar18 on Jun 20, 12 7:45 AM
I am trying to retrieve a disk piece, for the dice game, that is located at the top of the clothesline but the inventory bar is in the way. Any ideas on how to get it? I have tried everything.

bfgRhone
Manatee
Manatee
4,302 Posts

Re:Unable to retrieve disk piece

[Post New]by bfgRhone on Jun 20, 12 8:23 AM
Luckystar18, are you able to "push" the screen more upwards? It also takes a little while before the inventory pops down, I think that if you position your cursor just below the "inventory prompt" area and then quickly move to the disc, you might be able to grab it.

bfgRhone

Luckystar18
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,663 Posts

[Post New]by Luckystar18 on Jun 20, 12 9:02 AM
Thank you bfgRhone for your response. I had to use the hint button to locate the piece..I can see the bottom edge of the hint "circle" beneath the inventory bar but I am unable to move the screen any further upwards.

[Post New]by calton on Jun 20, 12 6:40 PM
I'm having the exact same problem. The inventory box in the hidden object scene does not go away, so you can not reach the last disk. I don't know what else to try.

bfgRhone
Manatee
Manatee
4,302 Posts

[Post New]by bfgRhone on Jun 21, 12 12:26 AM
Hmm, this is very odd. I can't recall having this problem when I played. Perhaps it would help to either change your screen resolution temporarily to something higher than your current settings, or try to switch to Windowed Mode through the Options panel.

bfgRhone

Luckystar18
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,663 Posts

[Post New]by Luckystar18 on Jun 21, 12 6:52 AM
I adjusted my screen resolution and still no go . As far as options in the game, I didn't see anywhere to make an adjustment to Window Mode...it just has the basic sound /music options. I think that I will try to uninstall and then reinstall the game and hope that it takes care of the problem.

gingergal
Manatee
Manatee
3,873 Posts

[Post New]by gingergal on Jun 21, 12 7:00 AM
I remember that bit and I'm sorry you couldn't get it, it wasn't that far at the top for me. I take it you tried going left and right as the scenes do change a bit and at a slightly different angle you might get to the top?

If you want to try and change setting when you load and the wee white box comes up maybe checking it - "keep ratio aspect "might help as it wouldn't be stretched but I don't know that it would.

Sorry not much help, it's really annoying when things like that happen.

Luckystar18
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,663 Posts

[Post New]by Luckystar18 on Jun 21, 12 9:48 AM
Thank you gingergal I'll give that a try. Yes..so frustrating, as I was near the end. Such a wonderful game..I just hope that I can complete it.

lindseywoo
Seahorse
Seahorse
28 Posts

[Post New]by lindseywoo on Jun 21, 12 9:25 PM
Hi there, I was having the same problem with the disk. I had hit the hint button too. I had the circle at the top of the scene. I moved to the left on the top and found the other piece. It isn't where the hint tells you it is. I had been trying for two days. It is there. Go for it.

[Post New]by calton on Jun 22, 12 3:37 AM
Lindseywoo- That is great news! Like Luckystar, I have tried changing resolution and re-installing game to no avail. When you say it is "to the left on the top", can you be a little more specific? Either way, it is good knowing that it is there and attainable.

Luckystar18
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,663 Posts

[Post New]by Luckystar18 on Jun 22, 12 10:52 AM
Thank You, Thank You Lindseywoo !

I found it!

calton..The disk piece is to the left a bit under the inventory box.

[Post New]by calton on Jun 22, 12 5:00 PM
I found it, too!!! Thanks so much for the help. It was driving me crazy. I don't think I'll ever totally trust the clue circles again...lol.

lindseywoo
Seahorse
Seahorse
28 Posts

[Post New]by lindseywoo on Jun 25, 12 8:54 AM
Really glad I could help. It was driving me nuts. I did the same thing. I reinstalled the game twice before I found it. I always read the forum but really don't write much. But with this one I had to let you know. thanks to all the people that helped me with some games. I will keep on reading and if I can solve a problem again I will be right there.

Go to: