shadowfax44
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
21,885 Posts

Comments for Sister's Secrecy: Arcanum Bloodlines Collector's Edition

[Post New]by shadowfax44 on Jun 21, 12 12:34 AM
Okay, little miss impatient here couldn't stand it and started playing a beta of tonight's CE game "Sister's Secrecy: Arcanum Bloodlines". I am playing in the hard mode which let's you turn off the black bar hints (yay!). It does indicate where HOS are with butterflies (no sparkles ). This looks like a good one IHOG fans. There are voiceovers and good ones IMO. I am making slow but steady progress with all hints turned off. You do still have hint and skip buttons in hard mode but very slow recharge time which is fine with me, that is why I am playing hard mode. LOL In the HOS you have the option to play HO or M3 - for those who liked this option in Phantasmat, this is like that. So... get your gaming shoes on IHOGgers, this one you definitely want to try. Spoiler: Evil fairies! Now there's a new twist! Oh, I should mention: I don't know how this will look for you widescreen players as I have a full screen monitor, separate sliders for music/fx/voices, three difficulty modes casual/adventure/hard, I am sorry to say that all bonus content is locked until you finish the main game, the graphics are great, I always turn music all of the way down, so can't comment on that. There are bonus flowers to look for/collect and you earn coins by completing the HOS. I have completed the HOS fast enough to earn three coins each time. Don't worry, this is NOT a timed game. The speed you finish the HOS only determines how many coins are earned for that HOS. There is a "shop" unlocked later in the game to use the coins in. (possible spoiler) In the shop you can buy what amounts to concept art it appears. I am enthused and I am going back to play what I can and hope it lasts me until the whole game is downloaded.
etf: typo

Edited on 06/21/2012 at 12:37:31 AM PST

DragonLadyOz
Shark
Shark
12,214 Posts

Re:Comments for Sister's Secrecy: Arcanum Bloodlines Collector's Edition

[Post New]by DragonLadyOz on Jun 21, 12 12:43 AM
Hi there,
I checked out the game on U-Tube when it was mentioned by Mudrock and it looked like a lot of fun.
I "hear" it even has dragons ... so it has to be a winner!!
With such a large file, it will be interesting to see how long it will take for reviews of the full game to be posted.
Cheers.

sunnyglow
Clownfish
Clownfish
804 Posts

[Post New]by sunnyglow on Jun 21, 12 12:50 AM
What a cool start to summer!! Love this game. I need to quit playing but cannot wait to start again. So much better than yesterday's offering. The artwork reminds me of a Dali painting. Very surrealistic. And the storyline looks interesting. I also saw the preview on U tube so I have been anxiously awaiting this one as well.

shadowfax44
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
21,885 Posts

[Post New]by shadowfax44 on Jun 21, 12 12:53 AM
Ozzie a gorgeous dragon is to be found early on. I think this game may take me quite a while to finish in hard mode. I am looking forward to continuing my journey. It is visually so engaging that I find myself thoroughly exploring the scenes before I am willing to move on. Don't look for a review on the full game from me any time soon.

eta: Hello Sunnyglow! It's a beautiful game, isn't it?

Edited on 06/21/2012 at 12:54:24 AM PST

lorem
Squid
Squid
67 Posts

[Post New]by lorem on Jun 21, 12 12:54 AM
The graphics are great,music is good,storyline intriguing..on demo alone a buy for me

giddiup101
Minnow
Minnow
282 Posts

[Post New]by giddiup101 on Jun 21, 12 1:17 AM
Loving this game. You really need to explore the different areas and click on lots of things because there are no indicators that pop up to let you know you've found something useful. (At least in adventure mode) except for the HOS. It's a buy for me, this is my birthday present to myself

Happy gaming everyone!!

Edited on 06/21/2012 at 1:18:10 AM PST

DragonLadyOz
Shark
Shark
12,214 Posts

[Post New]by DragonLadyOz on Jun 21, 12 1:48 AM
Happy Birthday giddup. What a nice way to celebrate.
Cheers

edmee1947
Clownfish
Clownfish
629 Posts

[Post New]by edmee1947 on Jun 21, 12 1:49 AM
on my old computer,there is widescreen
i'm not thrown from my chair,but the month was so poor ,i think i'll buy...maybe!i hope the bonus 'll be longer than the last CE'one!
beautiful graphics but noting really new here in story as well as in playgame
ho are not very interesting and not interactive ;you have to look at the" eye cursor" to find little place and that's all
well,if sunday publication is mystic diary,i think i"ll rather buy sister's secrets!
and fill my week with my genealogical research!

Sheerija
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,451 Posts

[Post New]by Sheerija on Jun 21, 12 2:20 AM
Beautiful graphics, wonderful characters, interesting story though not new, lovely piano music and all in all, quite intriguing. Haven't come across any puzzles yet, but the HOS are sharp and clear and quite uncluttered, so enjoying those. They're also interactive, which I like.

As usual I am plagued by lagging but that cannot be resolved until I can get rid of Norton, so I am trying to ignore it.

Looking avidly for purple flowers to earn coins to spend in the shop. Nice touch. I achieved quite a lot in the 1 hr demo, so there's obviously plenty to do to keep my attention focused. Cannot see this turning out to be a disappointment, though anything's possible.

Yes, indeed, a definite buy.

[Post New]by Bigfishette on Jun 21, 12 2:50 AM
Another sleepless night for me. I played the demo and am fascinated with how beautiful and strange the graphics are. I liked the storyline so far. Seems to be lots to do. I'm not sure if creepy is the right word to describe it but there is a mysterious feel to it. I'm going to buy it. I think the demo is worth a try everyone. Thank you developers and BFG.

Sheerija
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,451 Posts

[Post New]by Sheerija on Jun 21, 12 3:37 AM
Can someone please clue me in as to where you are getting new of the soft releases from. I have never seen these and am wondering how many I have missed. If I had not read about City of Fools in here, I would have missed that one too.

Sigh, still don't fully understand this site. Thought I did, but no.

Oh, and if anyone answers, please also tell me why is is referred to as a soft release.

Edited on 06/21/2012 at 3:37:54 AM PST

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Jun 21, 12 3:52 AM
Sheerija wrote:Can someone please clue me in as to where you are getting new of the soft releases from. I have never seen these and am wondering how many I have missed. If I had not read about City of Fools in here, I would have missed that one too.

Sigh, still don't fully understand this site. Thought I did, but no.

Oh, and if anyone answers, please also tell me why is is referred to as a soft release.

Hi Sheerija...

You can find the soft releases under "PC Games" and click on the "New Releases" tab. Here you find all new games that have been released over the last month.

Each day the TGT moves from the right side where they are kept, to the "New Releases" page. And for today we also get a soft release, also to be found in "New Releases".

A soft release is an unannounced game, one that we didn't see as TGT.

Hope this helps.

Sheerija
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,451 Posts

[Post New]by Sheerija on Jun 21, 12 4:01 AM
Thank you, Valdy. I was unaware of this. I think I will probably find a lot of games I missed and not be so stuck in future, waiting to see what the TGT is every day and being mostly disappointed.

Janie42
Clownfish
Clownfish
598 Posts

[Post New]by Janie42 on Jun 21, 12 4:39 AM
Already jazzed by your early review infos, esp Shadowfax44--great points !

IMO Voodoo Chronicles (1st game) was brilliant, entertaining with hi-quality production values... a wickedly creative storyline & gameplay was tons of fun; so I've big hopes of this devs' 2nd game here.
Voodoo's Bonus was crazy imaginitive in both content & graphics/presentation too.
Downloading trial as I type, anxious to meet some dragons & etc.

Happy Birthday giddiup101 !

BTW @ Valdy, thanks for all your great Reviews !

jkuci
Flounder
Flounder
2,447 Posts

[Post New]by jkuci on Jun 21, 12 5:10 AM

Voodoo Chronicles , by the same devs, was really a good and unusual game so, I know these devs can do clever, quirky and imaginative.

This game, Sister's Secrecy feels like they are, ever so gently, pulling HOG-lovers legs with a bit of a parody.

Still, as a parody and a little leg-puller, its pretty good.

Edited on 06/21/2012 at 5:11:24 AM PST

[Post New]by dobbiemijnboekje on Jun 21, 12 5:46 AM
I like this game very much! Beautiful graphics. Nice HOS and puzzles. I bought the game.

And now I am DL City of Fools.

dk5793
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,792 Posts

[Post New]by dk5793 on Jun 21, 12 7:23 AM
SiblingLilly wrote:Hi everyone i'm new here. And want to buy a game - this one seems very interesting for me, and i need some helpful reviews. But I do not understand, why everyone posts reviews here instead of making a review on a main page - it is far more useful, and helpful.

Personally i am waiting for this game to make at least 5-10 reviews on a main page, before i decide to buy it.

Since this question is more of a comment than a review, I am answering here.

First, welcome to the wonderful world of BFG, SiblingLilly. I think that the people who post in the game forum reviews rather than on the main page are, in general, more experienced gamers and give more detailed and useful reviews. I have read reviews on the main page but don't usually give them as much weight as I give to the reviews in the game forum.

Also, the game forum reviews allow for responses from others that can be very informative and helpful for people who are trying to decide to buy or not to buy.

You're certainly entitled to take the opposite view and give more weight to the reviews on the main page if you choose to do so. I'm just trying to answer your question to the best of my ability.

DK

Edited on 06/21/2012 at 7:36:01 AM PST

Faylyn
Minnow
Minnow
259 Posts

[Post New]by Faylyn on Jun 21, 12 7:39 AM
I absolutely love this game and can't wait to buy the CE in July! The graphics, animations, voiceovers and storyline are A+ This is a winner and one BFG members who are Hidden Object fans will really like!

Faylyn

CasualGran
Herring
Herring
324 Posts

[Post New]by CasualGran on Jun 21, 12 7:41 AM
Sheerija wrote:Beautiful graphics, wonderful characters, interesting story though not new, lovely piano music and all in all, quite intriguing. Haven't come across any puzzles yet, but the HOS are sharp and clear and quite uncluttered, so enjoying those. They're also interactive, which I like.

As usual I am plagued by lagging but that cannot be resolved until I can get rid of Norton, so I am trying to ignore it.

Looking avidly for purple flowers to earn coins to spend in the shop. Nice touch. I achieved quite a lot in the 1 hr demo, so there's obviously plenty to do to keep my attention focused. Cannot see this turning out to be a disappointment, though anything's possible.

Yes, indeed, a definite buy.

Why blame it on Norton? DH and I have Norton 360 for years now and never experienced any 'lagging' in games because of that.

Edited on 06/21/2012 at 8:11:03 AM PST

je_peche
Minnow
Minnow
237 Posts

[Post New]by je_peche on Jun 21, 12 8:02 AM
Wow fishies: Really?

I'm finding this game to be boring and far too easy. I'm confused about what I'm supposed to do with all the coins I've amassed - it looks like I'm just "buying" the concept art and some different music, instead of unlocking that content at the end as usual. Is that so, or am I missing something? Am I supposed to be buying stuff that will progress the game?

It's very rare that I don't feel like completing a CE, but this one is sort of "blah" for me.

-Pam

Go to: