bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

Post any Sister's Secrecy: Arcanum Bloodlines Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Jun 21, 12 12:38 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

*Please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

BearKat
Stingray
Stingray
4,860 Posts

Re:Post any Sister's Secrecy: Arcanum Bloodlines Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by BearKat on Jun 21, 12 2:36 AM
Well, I don't know if this is a tech problem or not, but it was an annoyance.
After I typed in my name and hit play, I got a big screen that stated the game had been completed and I would have to start the game over under a new persona if I wanted to play it AGAIN!
Since I had NOT yet played any of the game and I like to play under my own name, I just deleted my name from the play list and re-typed it in again and this time it decided to let me continue!
Good thing too as I really enjoyed the demo and the game is a buy for me.
Had no tech problems during the demo, will update if I have any opening it after purchasing.
BK

ETA corrections

ETA Just FYI, after deleting my name from the playlist and re-typing it in, I was able to play the game with no more problems at all and have almost finished it!
Love the game.

Edited on 06/23/2012 at 4:29:48 PM PST

Mortic1a
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

Re:Post any Sister's Secrecy: Arcanum Bloodlines Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by Mortic1a on Jun 21, 12 7:40 AM
I had exactly the same problem as above. Just about to try putting in another name.

LadyBlue0321
Minnow
Minnow
217 Posts

[Post New]by LadyBlue0321 on Jun 21, 12 7:59 AM
Yet another badly wanted game that fails. Initially after download, click play and get the "ERROR ACCESS" violation. This is such a common occurance for me that I've found a workaround. I have to go to my hard drive and launch the exe file from the program files. I was able to play the game for about 10 minutes, then the game crashes my computer. After rebooting and trying to start game, I get the error access error again, both from game manager and my program files. I can't count the number of times I've gone to the helpdesk, without a solution to this problem. Endgame is that I end up with two credits that I can't EVEN use to try another CE, so I'm left feeling cheated!... I pay for a CE, and have to settle for 2 (usually) inferior SE games.

I will be terminating my club membership and shopping for another game site.

aalaurie
Minnow
Minnow
273 Posts

[Post New]by aalaurie on Jun 21, 12 9:24 AM
I, too, had to put in another name. However, my problem is that this game runs in slow motion for me. I finally quit until this problem can be solved. Hope the developers don't need as much space. It cuts down on the efficacy of the game.

[Post New]by edmontonborn on Jun 21, 12 10:07 AM
I didn't have any problems getting the game to open. My problem started when I tried to play. The game was extremely slow to respond to changes in locations within the game. Whenever I tried to move to a new location, the game froze for a couple of seconds and then was very slow to respond to mouse clicks for a few seconds after that. As long as I was in one scene for awhile the mouse movements and clicking were very responsive.

bfgSeine
Stingray
Stingray
5,158 Posts

[Post New]by bfgSeine on Jun 21, 12 11:56 AM
BearKat and Mortic1a, I'm sorry to hear that's happening. You might try starting with a new player profile to get that working, but you can also try uninstalling and reinstalling the game to see if that helps. Here's a help article showing how to do that:

Uninstall / Reinstall a Game

LadyBlue0321, access violations can have a few causes, but the troubleshooting steps on our help article here have helped many Fishies who are experiencing that problem:

Access Violation

edmontonborn and aalaurie, freezing and slow gameplay problems can be caused by driver or software issues in some cases. You can try some basic troubleshooting steps here on this help article to see if that gets the game running smoothly:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

If those recommendations aren't helping, please let our Tech Support team know. They'll be happy to help!

Happy gaming,

bfgSeine

sparkers2005
Guppy
Guppy
121 Posts

[Post New]by sparkers2005 on Jun 21, 12 1:15 PM
2 games in one week that won't work. 1 moment of silence and this one. lagged real bad and then i got a runtime error or something like that.i agree with bluelady tired of this. i've been a member for several years and big fish is going downhill fast. all the pop ups trying to get new customers for 2.99. get coupon pop up. takes forever to get to home page because of pop ups. other ones too i don't think i should have to update drivers, re-install everytime i want to try or buy a game.

Edited on 06/21/2012 at 1:18:42 PM PST

oomun2002
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

[Post New]by oomun2002 on Jun 21, 12 1:34 PM
Got to the point where I'm supposed to put the coach ticket together, and it won't let me pick up the ticket pieces to move them. Sounds like this game is having all together too many technical difficulties for one fresh off the line. Don't you guys beta test anymore?

An update: I have uninstalled and re-installed and no changes. Guess I won't be buying this one and it looked like it might be good to add to my collection of about 300 games from you guys. Oh well.

Edited on 06/30/2012 at 6:50:35 PM PST

[Post New]by alicekramden on Jun 21, 12 5:26 PM
I too am having issues with HUGE lag in certain scenes. This is the 3rd HO game in a row that I have been unable to play! Add to that the frustration that since I have more than one Game Club Credit - BFG won't let me buy CE games, instead automatically applies two credits. I'm not very happy with BFG lately...

Edited on 06/21/2012 at 5:27:29 PM PST

[Post New]by dylansmom1979 on Jun 21, 12 7:21 PM
I just tried to download the demo but instead of installing in the Game Manager it says where the file in Game Manager should be, Game Not Available beside that it says Get more info. I click Get more info and get this:

Whoops, looks like something is not right...
Error Code: 772

I

[Post New]by dylansmom1979 on Jun 21, 12 7:34 PM
I found out how to install it with the 772 error code. I had to right click the Game Manager Icon in the Start menu, then click Run As and then uncheck the box that says Protect my computer and data from unauthorized program activity.

Its weird because it doesnt stay unchecked though even when I click OK. I uncheck it ad click OK and if I get back into that setting info, it is still checked but it made it install anyway when I went back to the download page for the game.

letsdoit
Shark
Shark
10,483 Posts

Re:Post any Sister's Secrecy: Arcanum Bloodlines Collector's Edition technical issues here onl

[Post New]by letsdoit on Jun 21, 12 7:55 PM
deleted original post ... problem yes!

eta: game is in a 'snail mode' and just not ready to waiting for the next 'little window'!

Edited on 06/22/2012 at 2:01:00 PM PST

bfgRhone
Manatee
Manatee
4,302 Posts

[Post New]by bfgRhone on Jun 22, 12 12:56 AM
Hi Fishies,

If you're experiencing performance issues and they aren't resolved by following the step's in the help article Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen bfgSeine linked to earlier, try disabling your custom cursor from the Options menu to see if performance improves.

sparkers2005, I understand you'd rather not make adjustments to your system to play games. That being said, some games do need a more recent update to your drivers to successfully play. Often, you'll only need one update to get several games running properly again. If you rather not look up the updates yourself, please don't hesitate to get in touch with Customer Support.

dylansmom1979, to try a permanent workaround, try running the Game Manager as administrator from the Properties menu:

Game Not Saving. (Check the "Running Game Manager as administrator so that games can create save files" header.)

oomun2002, I can recommend double checking the built-in walkthrough to make sure you haven't missed any steps before that point. If you feel this is a glitch, try disabling the custom cursor from the Options menu.

As always, if your game is still giving you trouble after completing those steps, please get in touch with our Tech Support and one of our reps will be more than happy to work on this with you.

Hope this helps!

-bfgRhone

Warlady1
Lobster
Lobster
90 Posts

Re:Post any Sister's Secrecy: Aircanum Bloodlines Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by Warlady1 on Jun 22, 12 1:13 AM
Post deleted. Never mind. I figured it out.

Edited on 06/22/2012 at 2:18:23 AM PST

[Post New]by bijousmom on Jun 22, 12 6:21 AM
The hidden object scene to get the mint leaves is not there. I have tried going all the way back to the beginning to make sure I didn't miss anything. It still is not there. This really frustrates me. I wasted 2 game club credits to get a game that I now cannot complete. I think it is time for me to say goodbye to Bigfish games.

tinaccarroll
Guppy
Guppy
134 Posts

[Post New]by tinaccarroll on Jun 22, 12 7:16 AM
played demo for maybe 10 minutes, looked great and fun. bought game and continued playing but kept freezing and tried under new name, same thing. so ive uninstalled and reinstalling as i wrote this. it says 1 minute left to play on manager. will let you know when dl finishes. 1 moment in time is awesome also.

gbanjs
Starfish
Starfish
56 Posts

[Post New]by gbanjs on Jun 22, 12 8:04 AM
I'm close to the end of the game (i think) but I can't go any further. After using the magic dust on the sword it disappeared from my inventory. Well, when i got into the castle, i found out i needed the magic dust to get into the secret room. I don't want to start over, especially if this game needs a fix. I've really enjoyed it up until now.

Update: Thanks to rlk0045 for the help. No fix needed..except for my brain.

Edited on 06/24/2012 at 7:31:06 AM PST

[Post New]by kcw3369 on Jun 22, 12 9:03 AM
Hi!

I hope I am putting this in the right location..

I have just started playing the game and I am on Chapter 2. I am on the third scene which is the murder scene and you are to click on the log to open a close up scene then you are to click on the picture to add to dairy, then click on the key to add to inventory, and last click on the piece of paper with the color code for the suitcase puzzle (locatedon the first scene) to add it to the diary information as well. The problem I am having is when I click on the piece of paper with the color code it keeps showing me the icon for performing an action on it. The guide says I am to just click on it and the only inventory items I have are matches and a coach ticket anyway. Has anyone else seen this problem or know what I can do? I don't think I have missed anything but it wouldn't be the first time! lol I really want to get past this. Hate to have an issue so early on. Thanks for any help you can give in advance. Kel

[Post New]by kcw3369 on Jun 22, 12 9:28 AM
Well as usual if I post about a problem I figure out a solution right away! lol

Just wanted to post that even though the problem I was having wasn't resolved, (See earlier message above) I was still able to go ahead and play the game and complete the chapter. I think the developers should fix this as it is confusing and caused a lot of wasted time and frustration, but as long as you know the code to the suitcase puzzle from the piece of paper it doesn't necessarily have to be in the diary to let you proceed. I know other games won't let you proceed until every step is completed but luckily not this one. Hope this post at least helps someone else out there from the frustration I had.

Happy Gaming!

Go to: