bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

Reviews for Sister's Secrecy: Arcanum Bloodlines Collector's Edition

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Jun 21, 12 12:46 AM
Hi Fishies!

What do you think of Sister's Secrecy: Arcanum Bloodlines Collector's Edition? We’d love to hear all about it, as would many of the other fishies in our pond! You can now share your review on our website, just pop over to the Sister's Secrecy: Arcanum Bloodlines Collector's Edition page here.

Unsure how to submit a review? Please check our help article Big Fish Game Reviews for more information.

After sharing your review on our website, please feel free to repost your review in this thread!

Remember, a lot of fishies that will be reading your review will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include the words SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post .

To help other players get the most out of your review, you could add a note stating if you played the trial or full version and how far you have gotten in the game.

If you’re experiencing technical issues with this game, be sure to swim over to the support thread dedicated to the game here.

**If you are seeking game help, the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the Game Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion'!

Happy gaming!

bfgBaikal

Edited on 06/21/2012 at 1:15:42 AM PST

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

Re:Reviews for Haunting Mysteries: The Island of Lost Souls

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Jun 21, 12 12:46 AM
Hi Fishies,

I just wanted to add to the OP: This thread has been reserved for reviews only.

If you have any questions about someone else’s review (even if you feel that their review contains incorrect details about this game) please contact that user directly via PM instead of replying to or quoting their post as this can develop into a discussion that is not suitable to the review thread.

While the reviews in this thread are first and foremost helpful to other players, they also tell us and all who were involved in making this game, what you liked/disliked most, what you’d like to see more/less of in future games, etc. This can only help us in continuing to provide better games, which is what we all want!

We want to ensure that everyone who visits this thread can easily find the reviews that they’re looking for, so the Moderation Team will be proactively removing any off-topic posts (i.e. non-reviews) that pop up in this thread.

For any non-review related posts, please feel free to create a "Comments" thread in this Game Forum if there isn't one already. You can always create a new thread for any game questions or tips.

Thank you!

bfgBaikal

sunnyglow
Clownfish
Clownfish
804 Posts

Re:Reviews for Sister's Secrecy: Arcanum Bloodlines Collector's Edition

[Post New]by sunnyglow on Jun 21, 12 12:55 AM
Very surrealistic game. Reminds me of a Dali painting. The story concerns two twins who are unaware of the parentage and are separated. The artwork to me is fabulous. What a great start to the summer season. I saw the preview of this game on You Tube and knew it would be a winner. So far, I have had few problems navigating the game and the HOG scenes are decent. I chose the Hard mode so location of items can be challenging. Reminds me of a Hitchcock film and is very intense. Not for the squeamish, I must admit. Loving it. Great graphics. Music is eerie as well. Another winner to me. Makes up for yesterday, I must admit. Not familiar with the dev, but others know who this group is. Very into this game and unfortunately, cannot spend more time today, but looking forward to continuing tomorrow. Great job, devs!

Edited on 06/21/2012 at 3:37:49 AM PST

govols2
Shark
Shark
11,575 Posts

[Post New]by govols2 on Jun 21, 12 1:14 AM
Took me the full hour to play the sample version.

Achievements consist of times taken to play each HOG scene. I would guess you could go back and play them .

You collect flowers (not a spoiler as it tells you that in the demo) to earn coins to buy the concept art drawings.

The HOG scenes were easy IMO. Everything was spread out nicely but still had a little trouble on a couple of items. My one pet peeve though is that on returning to the same scene for another HOG the items I found previous were back. There seems to be quite a bit of HOG scenes as well. The mini games are not difficult either.

The SG only shows the first four chapters that you play in the demo so I have no idea of length.

No map so far but doesn't seem to be a lot of back and forth at this point anyways.

The voice overs are not bad and at least their mouth seems to be moving with the words

I am not sure if I will get the CE or not . Will wait to see what the bonus has. Will definately get it as a SE at least.

Edited on 06/21/2012 at 3:38:08 AM PST

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Jun 21, 12 1:32 AM
Good morning, fishies...

This review is based on the trial version, which I played in Casual mode.

There are 3 gameplay modes: Casual, Adventure, Hard.

There is no widescreen - not for my laptop anyway.

There is a choice of custom and system cursor.

There is voice-over (very well done, especially with the lip synchronisation).

The Diary is at the left. It holds your Achievements (for HOS and Mini games), your Tasks, and the SG (strategy guide), which follows your progress.

There are little purple flowers all over the place. Click on them and collect a coin.
You will also receive coins for doing HOS and Mini games.

Puzzles can be skipped. The SKIP button takes an awful long time (1 1/2 minutes or so) to fill in Casual mode.

With these coins (the purple bag and the amount of coins can be found at the top right - just move your cursor over it), you can buy things in the Inn (shop), once you have reached the Inn. Just click on the bag, and a window will come up from where you can buy the following: Backstory Sketches, Game Sketches, Audio.

The HINT button, which also works beautifully outside of the HOS, is at the right. It refills almost immediately in Casual mode.

The iHOS have very clear and wonderful graphics, and objects are easy enough to find.

If you don't want to play a HOS, you can play a Match-3 game instead.

There is a coach, with which you can move to another place and back to where you've started from.

--- --- ---

I am sure I have forgotten to mention something. There are so many different things to do.

The graphics are very well done. The gameplay is fun and entertaining. The animation is really lovely, and there are quite a few things to do to keep me from getting bored.

This is a really lovely game, and I am off to buy it.

Edited on 06/21/2012 at 3:38:26 AM PST

Rebeca_Lily
Catfish
Catfish
1,515 Posts

[Post New]by Rebeca_Lily on Jun 21, 12 1:36 AM
I like the game, and bought it (after checking tech issues).

Creepy, but without ugly and filthy background - colorful HOS and adding achievements... Hint system helps out of the HOS (Yay!) This makes the movement easier and pleasant.

There are not page numbers in the Guide, but I counted the pages manually:

10 chapters, each one in different length:

chapter 1 - 3 pages
chapter 2 - 4 pages
chapter 3 - 3 pages
chapter 4 - 11 pages
chapter 5 - 10 pages
chapter 6 - 2 pages
chapter 7 - 7 pages
chapter 8 - 5 pages
chapter 9 - 6 pages
chapter 10 - 2 pages; Total 53 pages (average+)

Bonus chapter - 20 pages !!!

Thanks developers, thanks BF!

cbtx
Stingray
Stingray
5,030 Posts

[Post New]by cbtx on Jun 21, 12 2:09 AM
Based on the demo:

I'm not too impressed with this one, for several reasons.

First, no widescreen ----so that eliminates any consideration for a CE buy.

Second, although I am well aware that all belief must be suspended for these type games, this one is just too much. The story is just full of ridiculous holes. (for example, a little boy has gone missing, oh no-something terrible has happened, but wait, he's ok and headed back to Mom----maybe to help find the other missing sibling). And the silliness of the story creates instant boredom.

Third, ****(Went back to find that the long lag disappears after going to a new scene the first time----after that, no lag! )****

Fourth, although there are flowers to collect, and achievements to earn (all resulting in coins), all they are good for is unlocking the extras such as concept art, etc. Big deal.

Fifth, the HOS (4) and the puzzles (2) I saw are way too easy. (You can do a Match 3 instead of a HOS, but M3 doesn't appeal to me much.)

But the graphics are nice, and the art work has a sort of strange appeal.

So I'm giving this yawner a pass, even as a SE, But always, always take advantage of the free trial and see for yourself. (off to try the soft release!)

ETA----concerning the lag time.

Edited on 06/21/2012 at 4:00:25 AM PST

saphhire
Herring
Herring
329 Posts

[Post New]by saphhire on Jun 21, 12 4:23 AM
not a buy for me either has to have something of interest for me to pay extra this one does not and it also lags for me not at beginning but after I played for a half hour or so the hint button does work out of the HO scenes but if you don't have the object it still points to an area that needs the object even though you don't have it I couldn't even get into the story I agree with all its so confusing this is a no buy for me the graphics are the key point in this game ss dev this is not CE material..........................no buy even at discount price....................... so wanted a Thursday game

CasualGran
Herring
Herring
324 Posts

[Post New]by CasualGran on Jun 21, 12 5:04 AM
Played the demo and, alas, I'm not that impressed. The way the story evolves reminds me of old style adventure games from way back when. It has little atmosphere too. It's neither dark nor a fairytale. It's something in between.

The characters look not to be taken very seriously, yet in the beginning it looked like we were in for a much darker, more adult kind of story, like for instance The Keepers: Lost Progeny was.

But no. This game seems not much more than a silly fantasy with wandering strangers, lost children, dragons and stuff. Bit like a roleplay game coming to life. We even have to look for money to buy things in a store, Not that we'll be gaining much. Just wallpapers, music and the like. Not even a trophy of some kind or, even better, objects to get us progressing in the game.

A disappointment, this game. But maybe a winner for teens?

Edited on 06/21/2012 at 5:06:29 AM PST

[Post New]by AdelfinaH41 on Jun 21, 12 5:10 AM
Hi fishies

I played this game and it's very fun

So here are the main things i liked about it:

An artwork - it is brilliant , atmospheric - every scene in the game is great. There are no boring rooms , closets, halls etc.
The game itself is very entertaining - the difficulty level is right up for me
The story seems great, atmosphere of this game is fantastic - it literally brings you to the fantasy world
Game has a built-in match3 game mode, so it makes the game even more entertaining

I think it is fairly the best game in this season - definetly it is a buy for me

pammyjupp
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by pammyjupp on Jun 21, 12 5:34 AM
I enjoyed playing the demo very much, not sure if worth the CE price, will sit on the fence a bit longer. A very nice game though.

[Post New]by SiblingLilly on Jun 21, 12 6:10 AM

Edited on 06/23/2012 at 1:50:22 AM PST

marg6043
Clownfish
Clownfish
582 Posts

[Post New]by marg6043 on Jun 21, 12 6:15 AM
This game have a nice story, nice graphics but a bit in the dark side, I like the theme, evil, champion, rescue.

The HOscenes are well done and easy to do. I didn't play enough to find any hard to do or complicated puzzles.

The game plays in widescreen in my laptop so that is a plus for me.

I like this game and will be in my to buy list for sure.

Sheerija
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,451 Posts

[Post New]by Sheerija on Jun 21, 12 7:09 AM
SiblingLilly wrote:[Removed by Moderator]

Deleted because it does not belong here. See comments thread.

Edited on 06/23/2012 at 1:50:43 AM PST

dk5793
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,792 Posts

[Post New]by dk5793 on Jun 21, 12 7:26 AM
SiblingLilly wrote:[Removed by Moderator]

Since this is more of a comment than a review, I have posted my answer in the comments thread.

DK

Edited on 06/23/2012 at 1:51:01 AM PST

Eoarod
Flounder
Flounder
2,391 Posts

[Post New]by Eoarod on Jun 21, 12 7:31 AM
Based on part of the demo this will be a buy for me. Art work is just lovely & as others have said this certainly seems to be a game with a LOT going on & lots of extras: collecting flowers/coins, coins for speedy times on H0/M3 scenes, the ability to re-play scenes etc. I guess I'm a bit bummed the acheivements aren't what we're used to - they are more of a coin savings account LOL - but still a neat twist on gameplay.

I am having major Disney deja vu with this game - Ariel & Belle? And for anyone who's seen Twitches a million times like I have...twins, drawings of another world, darkness taking over the world? This is not a "con" for this game by any means, just something that caught my attention!

Games runs smootly for me, though my resolution & wide screen don't get along - but I'm not one who lives & dies by widescreen so...

Haven't tried the M3 option yet, so I'll let others weigh in on the quality of tht option! The H0 scenes are so clear & the interaction, as always, makes them even more fun so I'm enjoying that route to coinage!

With our somewhat mixed reviews my advice surely is "Try this one for yourself!!" and Happy Gaming!

CoolGrammy1
Minnow
Minnow
257 Posts

[Post New]by CoolGrammy1 on Jun 21, 12 7:46 AM
I loved the graphics and artwork. The music is not annoying and has a mischievous tone to it....that's just my take. Love the dragons and fairies. Interesting storyline and I had fun playing the demo and was disappointed when it ended. Not sure about CE unless someone posts that the Bonus Game is AWESOME and is a MUST HAVE...or if there is a great sale.

[Post New]by kris_cross48 on Jun 21, 12 8:20 AM
I think someone wrote "this ias the best game of the season"...they must have meant the summer season that started today, right?

This little adventure/HOG game has the potential to have been up there with the big boys (Elephant Games et al), but it didn't quite make it. This is prpbably the first CE thursday that I may not buy the CE..it's just kinda weak..is that making sence?

Graphic- Well painted, drawn graphics..I don't like the use of their work up drawings being used as part of the game, as in the pictures strewn all over the place. These appear to be mock up drawings for the game and are usually found in the bonus section, it's kinda cheating to toss them in the game.

The story is ok, the usually lost relative that must be found. I don't know if it is the translation, but I don't remember making such adoring comments to my sisters..it's over the top.

HOG scenes look alike. Why is that? Different stuff but same colouration in the background, same strewn all over the place.They are messy but clear and not hard to do.
But is this CE quality..boy, not after some we've seen in here the last month. It's definately a buy, it's a cost thing. Enjoy it.
Kris

dk5793
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,792 Posts

[Post New]by dk5793 on Jun 21, 12 9:23 AM

Edited on 06/23/2012 at 1:52:24 AM PST

dancemom1
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,198 Posts

[Post New]by dancemom1 on Jun 21, 12 9:33 AM
Not a bad game, but could use a little help. Graphics were a bit fuzzy in some areas, but mostly clear, voice-overs nice, HOGs not too bad (fairly easy), games took a little thought but not too difficult.

Flowers you need to find are very small and very dark. Not really sure why you need to spend the coins. Doesn't really get you anything you need to play the game.

The SG isn't bad, but will not stay on the last page you visited. The chapters need page numbers so you don't spend time looking to find out which page you were last on. Very annoying.

Got almost to the end of the 4th chapter before my time ran out. Personally, I felt it moved a bit slowly and didn't challenge me as much as I thought it would. If it only takes one hour to get through almost 4 chapters, it won't last much longer for the full version. All in all it was a nice game, but not sure I want to spend CE money on this game. This one is going in my puddle as a maybe later.

Thanks for the reviews.

Go to: