bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

Post any City of Fools technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Jun 21, 12 12:47 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

*Please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

Seji
Guppy
Guppy
120 Posts

Re:Post any City of Fools technical issues here only

[Post New]by Seji on Jun 21, 12 10:04 AM
I just installed City of Fools. When I opened the game to play the trial, it said my time was up. I never even opened the game. This has never happened before on any games I've downloaded to try.

Any suggestions?

bfgMonongahela
Manatee
Manatee
4,448 Posts

[Post New]by bfgMonongahela on Jun 21, 12 11:31 AM
Hi Seji,

It sounds like something may have happened during the installation of the trial version.

Please try uninstalling the game and then downloading it again from the game page. That usually gets everything straightened out with the trial timer. You can click here for more info on how to uninstall the game, just in case.

I hope that helps!

bfgMonongahela

KBEAR2045
Minnow
Minnow
280 Posts

[Post New]by KBEAR2045 on Jun 21, 12 11:58 AM
I am so disappointed. After I played the first scene to get my items and ticket, boarded the train, and waited until the train stopped I got an excess error violation message. The game stopped cold. That happened twice and after the first time I uninstalled/reinstalled the game but with the same results. I really want to purchase this game but will have to wait until there is a fix.

I took a snapshot of the violation error message and I am off to support to log it in. I sure hope they fix it fast as I am really excited about playing this game.

bfgSeine
Stingray
Stingray
5,158 Posts

[Post New]by bfgSeine on Jun 21, 12 1:18 PM
Hi KBEAR2045,

I'm sorry to hear that happened. That's great that you're in touch with our Tech Support team, as they're able to look further into the issue for you. In the meantime, you can also check out our help article that covers access violations, and offers some troubleshooting steps you can take:

Access Violation

Hopefully that helps so you can get back to gaming!

bfgSeine

Spookys_Mom
Lobster
Lobster
92 Posts

[Post New]by Spookys_Mom on Jun 21, 12 3:39 PM
Can't play the game. Opens with the bottom of the screen hidden. I can not move past the first screen. I will have to uninstall.

Kukikat
Clownfish
Clownfish
711 Posts

[Post New]by Kukikat on Jun 21, 12 4:07 PM
Full screen mode does not display well, it goes to the left side of the screen and cuts out the bottom of the game. Only windowed mode will show the full gaming screen for me.

[Post New]by sagelake on Jun 21, 12 4:34 PM
I have a similar problem as Kukikat. Except display goes to far right side . In windowed mode I could see large lady on right side of game, quite a surprise. Also missing objects at bottom of game again on right side. Tried different resolutions on my screen, but nothing helped. Game certainly looks different and fun. Hope issue can be resolved so I can purchase.

[Post New]by RenaissanceMom on Jun 22, 12 4:13 PM
I have made it all the way to the mayor and his 'speech' so I assume I am near the end, but at this point the game keeps crashing with an access code error. I'm off to try for the 3rd time but I am VERY disappointed - must finish the game properly!!!Okay - just tried again. At the fade of the mayor's "regular official" speech the screen turns green and the following message comes up:
"Error access violation at 0x026A0D50 (tried to read from 0xFFFFFFFF), program terminated."

Can you say bummer?!

Edited on 06/22/2012 at 4:33:43 PM PST

KBEAR2045
Minnow
Minnow
280 Posts

[Post New]by KBEAR2045 on Jun 22, 12 10:17 PM
RenaissanceMom wrote:I have made it all the way to the mayor and his 'speech' so I assume I am near the end, but at this point the game keeps crashing with an access code error. I'm off to try for the 3rd time but I am VERY disappointed - must finish the game properly!!!Okay - just tried again. At the fade of the mayor's "regular official" speech the screen turns green and the following message comes up:
"Error access violation at 0x026A0D50 (tried to read from 0xFFFFFFFF), program terminated."

Can you say bummer?!

You got further than I did before you got the access violation error message. The numbers may be different but the type of error is the same. I contacted the support desk and I am patiently waiting for a reply. I have a feeling they need to fix the game though. I hope it is soon as I never made it past the train ride in the beginning.

p.s. I can say bummer plus a few other choice words-lol

bfgRhone
Manatee
Manatee
4,302 Posts

[Post New]by bfgRhone on Jun 23, 12 3:18 AM
Hi Fishies,

Spookys_Mom and Kukikat, please try changing your screen resolution:

Screen Resolution

If it didn't work for you like with sagelake, please get in touch with Tech Support.

You can contact them by clicking on the green envelope on the right to get to our Help pages, and then click "Contact Us" to the right of the screen to submit a support ticket.

KBEAR2045 and RenaissanceMom, if the help article linked by bfgSeine in regards to Access Violations didn't help, please get in touch with Customer Support.

Hope this helps!

bfgRhone

KBEAR2045
Minnow
Minnow
280 Posts

[Post New]by KBEAR2045 on Jun 23, 12 6:26 AM
Thanks BFGRhone for your reply. I have contacted Customer Support after I tried the help suggestions. I ran the check on my video driver and it is up to date. Since I run Windows 7 my Direct X is up to date too. When I sent the my contact email in, I ran the Dr. Felix report and attached it as well as a snapshot of the error message I get.

I am waiting now for the results and hope either the game is fixed or they can tell me how to clear up the issue I have.

I will buy the game once (and if) it is resolved. I am really bummed that I cannot play this game. I don't usually have issues with the games I play on this site. The ones I did have issues with were cleared up when they provided a new DL for the game. All in all my gaming experience with this site has been a very positive one.

[Post New]by MeAndSawx on Jun 23, 12 6:45 PM
After giving the potion to the man to make him visible again, both the right and down arrows are faint and I cannot navigate away from this location.

[Post New]by polarbr on Jun 24, 12 12:03 AM
I'm having the same issue as MeAndSawx - can't get out of the apartment with the transparent guy, once I give him the potion to make him visible.
Can you please provide a fix - this game is great and I'd like to keep going.

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Jun 24, 12 3:50 AM
Hi Fishies,

I would suggest uninstalling and reinstalling the game a try to see if that helps you to exit the apartment.

If the problems persist after doing so, please feel free to get in touch with Tech Support for further assistance by clicking on the green to the right of the page. There is a Contact Us link to the right of the Help pages and one of our reps will be happy to take a look at this with you and this will also help us to track this issue.

Thanks,

bfgBaikal

[Post New]by kris_cross48 on Jun 24, 12 11:52 AM
issues with resuming
my grandson is also playing this game under another name, but when I try to kind my gamename, all there is is auto play! all those happy hours GONE!
How do you create names that stick?
kris

bfgCimarron
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,902 Posts

[Post New]by bfgCimarron on Jun 24, 12 2:26 PM
Hi kris_cross48,

It sounds like there could be a chance the game isn't getting the right permissions from the computer to save properly. This help article here goes over what can cause this and a few steps that can help clear this up:

Game Not Saving

If you click the blue text it will take you right there. However, if you try this and the game still gives you trouble, don't hesitate to get in contact with our Customer Support team and one of our reps would be happy to take a closer look with you.

How to get in contact with Customer Support

I hope this helps!

bfgCimarron

Edited on 06/24/2012 at 2:26:31 PM PST

[Post New]by caffeinated on Jun 24, 12 3:19 PM
I hope you can help - I think this is a bug, not a game play question. I've been playing City of Fools for a couple of days and have made it quite far - I've purchased everything available with over $1600 left and not very many tasks remaining. The problem is that I can't get the authorization pass to buy a ticket at the airport. I have the papyrus but can't get the Egyptologist to accept it so that I can access the safe. I've tried dropping it in a bunch of different places on the scene but nothing is working. I'm wondering if I waited to look to accomplish this task which, according to the walkthrough, should have been one of the first things I did, and now some bug is keeping it from working.

Any suggestions?

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Jun 25, 12 1:18 AM
Hi caffeinated,

If you've done everything according to the City of Fools Walkthrough and still aren't able to buy a ticket, you might want to try uninstalling and reinstalling the game to see if that helps.

If not, creating a new player profile is another option, but please keep in mind that doing this would require you to start over from the beginning.

If neither of these tips help, please contact Tech Support for further assistance by clicking on the green to the right of the page. One of our reps would be happy to provide some advice which is tailored to your system.

Hope this helps!

bfgBaikal

Re:Walkthrough

[Post New]by ryansbaa on Jun 25, 12 5:43 AM
BG,
Your walkthrough is not correct. One whole recipe was missed to make "TNT" to give the robber after you give him the pantyhose. And of course I'm stuck BUT i will figure it out sooner or later. Just thought you might like to know. Keep the Great games coming!!!!!
A Fan For Life

Go to: