Reviews for City of Fools

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

Reviews for City of Fools

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Jun 21, 12 12:51 AM
Hi Fishies!

What do you think of City of Fools? We’d love to hear all about it, as would many of the other fishies in our pond! You can now share your review on our website, just pop over to the City of Fools page here.

Unsure how to submit a review? Please check our help article Big Fish Game Reviews for more information.

After sharing your review on our website, please feel free to repost your review in this thread!

Remember, a lot of fishies that will be reading your review will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include the words SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post .

To help other players get the most out of your review, you could add a note stating if you played the trial or full version and how far you have gotten in the game.

If you’re experiencing technical issues with this game, be sure to swim over to the support thread dedicated to the game here.

**If you are seeking game help, the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the Game Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion'!

Happy gaming!

bfgBaikal

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

Re:Reviews for City of Fools

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Jun 21, 12 12:52 AM
Hi Fishies,

I just wanted to add to the OP: This thread has been reserved for reviews only.

If you have any questions about someone else’s review (even if you feel that their review contains incorrect details about this game) please contact that user directly via PM instead of replying to or quoting their post as this can develop into a discussion that is not suitable to the review thread.

While the reviews in this thread are first and foremost helpful to other players, they also tell us and all who were involved in making this game, what you liked/disliked most, what you’d like to see more/less of in future games, etc. This can only help us in continuing to provide better games, which is what we all want!

We want to ensure that everyone who visits this thread can easily find the reviews that they’re looking for, so the Moderation Team will be proactively removing any off-topic posts (i.e. non-reviews) that pop up in this thread.

For any non-review related posts, please feel free to create a "Comments" thread in this Game Forum if there isn't one already. You can always create a new thread for any game questions or tips.

Thank you!

bfgBaikal

sparkle76
Marlin
Marlin
9,781 Posts

[Post New]by sparkle76 on Jun 21, 12 3:26 AM
i bought this after watching the trailer on youtube, it has such an engaging look about it
this game has really great graphics, comic style, with gorgeous colours and it is very light and has clearly defined objects.
it is very funny, i really appreciate the humour
it is more like adventure lite rather than a hopa, a style that i really enjoy
there is a map, but unfortunately it is not interactive, however it is still very useful and with 500 locations, it is certainly proving to be very useful!
the gameplay is not linear, you have to do things and find things for different people but it seems you can gather whatever you find on the way and have an unlimited inventory, and discover new tasks and complete the tasks in whichever order you happen to come across them and have the necessary items to be able to complete them.
i am totally loving this game! nice one devs!

Edited on 06/21/2012 at 3:31:55 AM PST

jkuci
Flounder
Flounder
2,447 Posts

[Post New]by jkuci on Jun 21, 12 3:35 AM
I played this on another site and I'm so glad BFG has it!!!

Yes, the humor can get a little low-brow but it is really Monty Python-esque fun!

Nice change from creepy chasing evil games. It is so darn funny that I laughed most of the way thru it.

Lots of collecting alot of inventory and wandering from place to place helping silly people for money. Lots of wacky characters and their zany problems with improbable solutions, this game is VERY FUNNY!!!!

Also, to speed up transit time, check out the under city transportation system. You just enter almost any house or apartment to receive quests.

Puzzles are crazy like a jigsaw puzzle with extra pieces.

It's just for fun and I loved it!

P.S. I bought it right away here on good ol' BFG! Thanks, BFG and devs!!!

Edited on 06/21/2012 at 5:17:15 AM PST

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Jun 21, 12 3:46 AM
Oh, what a fun and entertaining game this is. And it's a soft release at that.

I just love the interaction, having to go shopping, doing things for other people to get on in the game, and you get HOS thrown in as well.

Lovely graphics, and lovely animation. This is an instant buy for me.

cbtx
Stingray
Stingray
5,030 Posts

[Post New]by cbtx on Jun 21, 12 3:58 AM
I agree with sparkle76, jkuci, and Valdy!! Lots of humor, lots of fun, very different, and still a nice challenge. Instant buy for me.

[Post New]by CopyWriter on Jun 21, 12 4:10 AM
Yep, the game is super fun and original. I've accidently found a promo video on youtube, then downloaded from dev portal. And I'm glad I found it. I've completed the game twice.

inkybitz
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

[Post New]by inkybitz on Jun 21, 12 4:13 AM
Love this game. Really funny and totally engrossing. Exploring a town and doing little 'quests' for the people. It's very easy to get lost, so the map is a big help.

mariannequilts
Flounder
Flounder
2,146 Posts

[Post New]by mariannequilts on Jun 21, 12 4:30 AM
This game is a Buy for me. I'm mostly into LFA games, but I watched this on u tube and I had a huge grin all the way thru. Even the music made me smile. Great animation, graphics, color and hilarious to boot ! So funny. Lots of fun.

[Post New]by Risha22 on Jun 21, 12 5:38 AM
Totally different from anything I've ever played. The map takes some getting used to but overall it's super fun. You basically have to complete silly little tasks for strange people and simple puzzles and HOG's to earn money. Awesome

bella81762
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
24,424 Posts

[Post New]by bella81762 on Jun 21, 12 5:59 AM
i am just having a blasty exploring..havent really done any tasks yet...what a fresh fun game

[Removed by Moderator]

Edited on 06/23/2012 at 3:32:29 AM PST

quynne77
Starfish
Starfish
55 Posts

[Post New]by quynne77 on Jun 21, 12 6:31 AM
[Removed by Moderator]

Sorry forgot the review this is a fun quirky game with lots of characters and lots to do with H.O.s, random objects, occasional puzzling with a lot of travelling. On my list to buy.

Edited on 06/23/2012 at 3:31:48 AM PST

Lady_Cav
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,363 Posts

[Post New]by Lady_Cav on Jun 21, 12 7:00 AM
Very unique and original game! Judging from the map, this game could take some time to finish. I was surprised to see you have to save, just like in other LFG's. There are many locations and tasks to perform. I've laughed, snickered, chuckled and smiled numerous times. Very cute and fun game. The different apartment addresses ("square root of 81" on the scientist's apartment, lol) doorbells and ringers are funny, as well as the characters. Amusing tasks, chores and gaming puzzles. Thanks BFG, this is a delightful game.

govols2
Shark
Shark
11,575 Posts

[Post New]by govols2 on Jun 21, 12 7:42 AM
This is a fun and strange game. Definately on my to buy list. You wander around and pick up things that may be used for tasks later on. Almost everyone you meet has a task to perform. I did notice that whenever I received a new task the word "saved" flashed on the screen. I am hoping that means that it does save at intervals on its own.

Based on the map and the many characters you meet this looks like it is a very long game that can be played now and then.

The characters are fun and some had me laughing right out loud.

[Post New]by WolfenRaindancer on Jun 21, 12 7:52 AM
I bought this one from the devs, and had a ball with it. It is fun and quirky, and lots of humor. Whatever you do, do not go to the island though, until you have found all of the items. I had missed some and went to the island and then couldn't get back. Then my grandsons came over, and I knew they would love it, so we played it again, and between the three of us, we found everything and went to the island, and found where we needed to go by accident, lol. Really a different game, and I give high marks to the devs. Yes, there are fart jokes, and bathroom humor, and the boys and I laughed ourselves silly, and had a great time. It is a long game, and there is so much to see and do, and some things aren't apparent the first time you visit a scene, but later on you think back and remember, and voila, find your way back there, and you got it. Almost everything you see plays a part at some time or another, clues everywhere. Fun, fun, fun. More please!

eta: in the beginning you worry about not having enough money, but it adds up and you find plenty. Finding and figuring out all the codes for the lockers is a lot of fun.

Edited on 06/21/2012 at 7:55:03 AM PST

Lavender101
Guppy
Guppy
165 Posts

[Post New]by Lavender101 on Jun 21, 12 8:34 AM
OH MY GOODNESS! The graphics, the humor, the characters, the humor, the gameplay, the humor .... What's not to love! what a fun, amazing, quirky and different game!

Instant buy, of course!

[Post New]by PandaBearCub on Jun 21, 12 10:49 AM
This is a fun game, lots of enjoyable characters you meet along the way! Loving it! Great break from the darker games we've had on here. Stepping in Pooo alot LOL.

bella81762
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
24,424 Posts

[Post New]by bella81762 on Jun 21, 12 10:59 AM

Edited on 06/23/2012 at 3:30:58 AM PST

[Post New]by daisyduck352 on Jun 21, 12 11:22 AM
Guess if you like running here and there and don't know what the heck you are doing, it's a great game for you. I just don't see the sense of it, a no buy for me.. Will check on the CE to see how that goes..

bella81762
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
24,424 Posts

[Post New]by bella81762 on Jun 21, 12 11:58 AM

Edited on 06/23/2012 at 3:31:09 AM PST

Go to: