bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

UPDATED Mac version is here! July 16, 2012

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Jun 21, 12 12:54 AM
You can give this game a go by going to the game page here. The gameplay will be the same across both PC and Mac platforms, so please feel free to use this Forum for any questions, tips and tricks with other Dark Strokes: Sins of the Fathers Collector's Edition players.

If you need a hand in resolving technical trouble for your Mac game, we recommend getting in touch with our Tech Support through our Webform, or if you're a Game Club Member, by connecting to Live Chat. To find answers online, be sure to check our Mac Game Errors help article.

For questions about how to use the Forums, please click the FAQ link to the right of this page.

Happy gaming!

bfgBaikal

Edited on 07/16/2012 at 1:00:17 PM PST

snookataylor
Squid
Squid
72 Posts

Re:The Mac version is here! June 21st 2012

[Post New]by snookataylor on Jun 21, 12 6:23 AM
No problem downloading game, I can enter my player name and then THE WHITE SCREEN AGAIN. I am sick to death of getting these games with the white screen appearing, some of the game I can play, but when the in between scenes arrive - nothing but a white screen. I have played the first hidden object screen, but then I assume the train crashes, because all I get is the white screen.

So many of the MAC games seem to be having problems - please sort it or I will cancel my membership, which would be a shame as I have got some good games from you in the past.

I have OS X Lion, Version 10.7.4

Edited on 06/21/2012 at 6:24:58 AM PST

[Post New]by broadwaycat on Jun 21, 12 6:55 AM
Same problem here. It keeps crashing as well. OS 10.6.8

scs2
Squid
Squid
79 Posts

[Post New]by scs2 on Jun 21, 12 7:01 AM
I don't get the white screen, but it crashes and tells me that it's trying to restore its "windows". It then crashes before I can choose either option it gives. Also 10.7.4

Edited on 06/21/2012 at 7:03:01 AM PST

snookataylor
Squid
Squid
72 Posts

[Post New]by snookataylor on Jun 21, 12 8:20 AM
I un-istalled and re-installed the game to see if anything changed. It didn't, but I have persevered and more or less done the demo and what seems to be happening is the white screen is appearing when it is telling the story - very helpful!! If you press skip you can continue with the game, but you have no idea whats happened.

The game itself looks good but I am NOT using my credits to have half a game.

BFG any ideas how to get rid of the white screens - a word to who ever designed the game, and then if all is corrected I will use my credits????

Edited on 06/21/2012 at 8:22:17 AM PST

scs2
Squid
Squid
79 Posts

[Post New]by scs2 on Jun 21, 12 8:26 AM
I think a bigger question is whether anyone at BFG is testing these games on a Mac with Lion. The ERS games have a Lion-related bug (unless you access the inventory from dead center, you get an irritating pop up menu that make the games WAY too frustrating to play -- if you know an item is on the left of the inventory, you have to remember not to go directly there, but to center the cursor on the total inventory and SLOWLY move it down and over-- slowly, because if the cursor hits the bottom of the screen you also get the irritating pop up). And now this game is unplayable too. Most of the time. Sometimes I can click Play and it runs; stop to answer the phone and go back to it and it won't run. Glad at least the times it hasn't run are frequent enough so that I could tell from the hour demo that it's seriously flawed.

muse13
Squid
Squid
65 Posts

[Post New]by muse13 on Jun 21, 12 8:29 AM
I get the white screen as well on all video cutaways. Have to wait until "skip" appears then you get back to the game. But you miss what has happened. Pretty annoying. I am on MacBook Pro 17 inch 10.5.8 intel chip.

Riquelme
Guppy
Guppy
118 Posts

[Post New]by Riquelme on Jun 21, 12 8:39 AM
Game doesn't start at all. I get a black screen for a second and then it stops.
Imac 27 inch.
Lion 10.7.4

[Post New]by bridgetaida on Jun 21, 12 9:01 AM
yes- again a problem with a game - till now always there was a solution a little later- so looking forward that it will be fixed soon

bfgMonongahela
Manatee
Manatee
4,448 Posts

[Post New]by bfgMonongahela on Jun 21, 12 11:21 AM
Hi Everyone,

I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble with this game crashing or displaying incorrectly.

First, please try the suggestions in the help article I'm linking below:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

If you try those and are still running into trouble, please get in touch with our Mac Support team so they can start troubleshooting with you directly.

You can contact them by clicking on the green envelope on the right to get to our Help pages. From there, click "Contact Us" on the left of that screen to submit a support ticket.

If you're a Big Fish Game Club member, you can also connect to Live Chat Support Monday-Friday 7:30am-4:30pm PST.

Thank you!

bfgMonongahela

Edited on 06/21/2012 at 11:21:52 AM PST

Pathmtl
Starfish
Starfish
47 Posts

[Post New]by Pathmtl on Jun 22, 12 4:07 AM
HI,

Why do I not get a "full screen" on this game. Usually on most MAC games I enjoy the full wide screen, this one no matter what I try ,changing resolution etc. stay the same.
Just wondering

muse13
Squid
Squid
65 Posts

[Post New]by muse13 on Jun 22, 12 6:28 PM
so...no go with the technical help. System updates are current, flash and shockwave latest version, still get the white screen for video cut scenes.

scs2
Squid
Squid
79 Posts

[Post New]by scs2 on Jun 23, 12 8:03 AM
You won't get a user work around because the "Restore windows" issue is an incompatibility between Adobe and Lion (or so it would seem from casual googling), that's been known and widely published for over 6 months. (although the Mac version has been out for 3 days, there's not a single Mac user review of what looks like a great game, presumably because no one can play it. The developer appears to have presented a game as Mac-ready without even testing it on Lion and BFG appears not to have tested it either. Disappointing quality control all around.

therat03
Clownfish
Clownfish
646 Posts

[Post New]by therat03 on Jun 23, 12 1:56 PM
What is very peculiar to me is that I had no trouble finishing the one hour, buying the game, entering the game again and playing for a couple hours last night. Then this morning, when I tried to open it again, I got the "Restore Windows" bug. And now this game is completely unplayable.

If I don't see a patch within the next few days I will be asking for a refund. I am giving BFG the benefit of the doubt because I liked the game very much and would like to continue it. However, I agree with the above posters that this is an egregious bug and I am particularly irritated because there is no mention of the game on the developer site. BFG is the only site to provide feedback and support and frankly, it hasn't been great for me on updates.

WilJul
Stingray
Stingray
5,670 Posts

[Post New]by WilJul on Jun 23, 12 11:55 PM
I played on Macbook 10.5.8 and was able to play the entire game, including cutscenes, with no problems other than minor irritations. I did play pretty much straight through after the demo, though, no stop and start. Sorry so many of you are having trouble - usually I'm one of the folks having issues!

scs2
Squid
Squid
79 Posts

[Post New]by scs2 on Jun 24, 12 6:18 AM
Lucky you! I'm glad you were able to play. But you are using Leopard, which was released in 2007, not Lion, the current OS -- which was released by Apple almost a full year ago -- on which the games seems to be unplayable.

muse13
Squid
Squid
65 Posts

[Post New]by muse13 on Jun 24, 12 7:04 AM
WilJul, I am interested that you are able to play it with the cutscenes working on your Macbook 10.5.8, because I also have a Macbook on 10.5.8 and cannot get the cutscenes. Did you have to make sure your versions of shockwave and flash were update or anything else to get it to work, or did it just work from the start?

[Post New]by markeddaughter on Jun 24, 12 7:15 AM
muse13 wrote:so...no go with the technical help. System updates are current, flash and shockwave latest version, still get the white screen for video cut scenes.

Same for me!

[Post New]by white_snake on Jun 25, 12 2:12 AM
Riquelme wrote:Game doesn't start at all. I get a black screen for a second and then it stops.
Imac 27 inch.
Lion 10.7.4

Same for me, but I've got OS 10.6.8, and I can't update anymore, so it should work?

[Post New]by sweetdidi77 on Jun 26, 12 2:05 AM
I have a Macbook 10.5.8 and I just get a black screen for a minute.... very frustrating...

Go to: