[Post New]by cleoladycat on Jun 22, 12 5:24 AM
Any comments fishes?

Mamalita
Clownfish
Clownfish
634 Posts

Re:Todays DD June 22 2012

[Post New]by Mamalita on Jun 22, 12 5:54 AM
The reviews that I read are almost all positive, so I am going to download and give this game a trial.

Just bought the game. I think it is well worth the price.

Edited on 06/22/2012 at 6:32:47 AM PST

puzzledone
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,182 Posts

[Post New]by puzzledone on Jun 22, 12 6:21 AM
My hour trial ran out and I said ohhh nooo, was having fun with this one. Probably passed on it first time, thinking it was just timed. But I take my time to think, like to try and use no powerups, strategy. So it asks if I want to resume, Yes, I'm looking to work puzzles, not get achievements. But got a bunch anyway. One for not using powerups on so many levels, when time is up just hit Resume. Can replay levels too so can get a lot of mileage out of this game.

Lot to do and learn, always takes me a lot of experimenting to even know what they do. I usually like swaps but not turning boards. But now and then there are special tiles you can try to get out an opening and I enjoyed that, not a game killer if you don't.

Just barely into Big Kahuna3, fun game, bombs and all, not far into Heroes of Hellas3, a switch for me, chains, building, so don't know why I need this now, except bright and cheery, looks like 180 levels, I just got to 12,Chapter 3 I think, 4 to a chapter in the hour. Pleasant diversion with the different game plays and modes, worth 3 bucks.

Left 3 punches open for a CE end of June, so will be a 7th punch dangling. Or wait til July for the CE and find 2 more games with pccs. Oh, why did I even demo this and like it LOL. Just hit the mood for what I felt like after a long tiring day/night.

You can buy powerups, I liked the one that will extend the board, different things to do, work the bubble tiles up to the top to free them is fun too rather than tiles out the bottom.

Edited on 06/22/2012 at 6:24:36 AM PST

Bpup
Manatee
Manatee
3,891 Posts

[Post New]by Bpup on Jun 22, 12 11:47 PM
Made it to level 17 in the demo time, without buying any of the power-ups or whatever is being offered in the "shop". I've been earning various awards/achievements for not using power-ups, for completing levels fast, etc. so I plan to see how far I can go in the game without buying any power-ups.

To me, it seems to be an easy, mindless Match 3 game. There is a timer, but if it expires you can still play the game - I guess you don't earn any awards or bonus points for that level. You are offered the choice of replaying that level, though. There's a little twist on each level to change things up a bit - unchaining items, double-clearing a square, getting rid of spiders (cute, simply drawn ones - shouldn't be a problem for most people with spider issues), clearing special pieces off the board by rotating it, trying to get special bubble tiles to rise up off the board, etc. At first I didn't think that I would like the various image tiles, but they grew on me as I played, and there's enough variety in them so that it isn't boring.

I'd classify this game as a "pleasant diversion" - one to play when you are in the mood for a Match 3 but don't really want to play a really difficult one. For the DD price of $2.99, I picked it up and added to my stash.

Edited on 06/22/2012 at 11:48:33 PM PST

[Post New]by OvrThRainbo on Jun 22, 12 11:55 PM
I demoed Val'Gor: The Beginning for a few minutes and then bought it. I love a game that I can play in relaxed mode and this IS a hybrid mode. The game is lots of fun as a break from darker and large file adventure games with or without HOGs.

Go to: