Zoo Animals

[Post New]by rozlinda on Jun 22, 12 6:39 AM
I've played through all the levels three times. I cannot find the blue dragon to add to my zoo. The closest I've found is the ice dragon that is actually the color blue, but none actually called the blue dragon. Does anyone know if there actually is a "Blue Dragon" that can be added to the zoo? If so, where do I find it?

GeorgeTSLC
Manatee
Manatee
3,919 Posts

Re: BLUE DRAGON

[Post New]by GeorgeTSLC on Aug 12, 12 9:24 PM
At the Tent City, south and east of Walnut Dale and Pegasus Landing, a side quest called "Like a thief in the night" becomes available, presumably after you've made the acquaintance of Bleninja, because he's required to take you on it. It eventually leads you all over the map and involves defeating multiple dragons, one after another.

I can tell you where it starts because my 2nd character never accepted that quest, so it's still there for her.

I do have the Blue Dragon in the Zoo of my 1st character (well, the first one I kept), who did follow that sequence. It's a level 5 creature and provides the spell Lightning Breath, which uses 120 blue mana to inflict 50 Magic damage.

Edited on 10/01/2015 at 8:20:22 PM PST

GeorgeTSLC
Manatee
Manatee
3,919 Posts

Re: Zoo Animals

[Post New]by GeorgeTSLC on Oct 21, 12 5:38 PM
The quest becomes available immediately after Bleninja becomes available as a companion.

GeorgeTSLC
Manatee
Manatee
3,919 Posts

[Post New]by GeorgeTSLC on Nov 2, 12 8:31 PM
An interesting story about capturing a Zoo animal.

I decided I wanted to get an Electric Eel for my 4th character, for its 35-Mana Electrocute spell to supplement Inferno, to which some cold-lands creatures are 25% or even 50% resistant. Hunting at coasts kept turning up other creatures--some quite formidable, some negligible, but when my sorceress Morwen chose Ignore (well, actually, Flee, but no stain on her character), the next response was always that the wildlife had been scared away.

Finally, on the way back to her uncle's cabin, she stopped at the edge of the sea and took on all comers. After at least half a dozen victories, more often than not over creatures unconnected to water (e.g., the Giant Buzzard, which isn't even a possible Zoo resident), the Eel finally showed.

Persistence won.

I assume we could still be standing there taking on other creatures, gaining experience and/or gold, tho not very efficiently.

zuix
Guppy
Guppy
121 Posts

Re:Zoo Animals

[Post New]by zuix on Aug 1, 14 2:54 PM
Found the great white shark hunting at Crocadylus' Wetlands. Took about 15 tries to get him.

GeorgeTSLC
Manatee
Manatee
3,919 Posts

[Post New]by GeorgeTSLC on Nov 27, 14 11:00 PM
And this time thru, I found the Electric Eel off the coast just east of Canopy City w/o any trouble at all!

Nothing like a good imitation of randomness. ;->

GeorgeTSLC
Manatee
Manatee
3,919 Posts

[Post New]by GeorgeTSLC on Dec 7, 14 1:49 AM
Other than the Eel's Electrocute, which throws 14 Magic damage at the foe for 35 Mana points, and which I wouldn't be without at any level up to 20 or so--and before you get that, Barracuda's 3-stab 11-AP Bite--I don't think much of any of the Zoo techniques. Even tho they're all more effective and/or cheaper than the corresponding non-Zoo spells.

The Sparrow's Sing heals 5 points at the same price as the Lesser Heal spell you start out with does 4, but my philosophy is that subtracting from the opponent's health is virtually always a better move than adding to your own. And as I noted in another thread, the Deer's Fleet of Foot doesn't usually give a return worth the points expended until way late in the game. (Altho then, when I've switched to all Mana, it's indispensable.)

However, for anyone wanting to know, perhaps before spending the money to upgrade their Zoo, below are all the Zoo animal techniques. Here, as in the game's own descriptions, "paralyzes", like "stuns", means 'locks reels AND actions/spells'.

LEVEL 1
Sparrow Sing. Heals 5 Life points. 10 Mana.
Deer Fleet of Foot. 4 double spins, 9 to recharge. 24 Mana.
Barracuda Bite. 3 Stab. 11 Attack.

LEVEL 2 $2K for upgrade to this level
Eagle Talon. 9 Stab, paralyzes 1 spin, 5 to recharge. 35 Attack.
Cobra Constrict. Paralyzes 2 spins, 17 to recharge. 15 Mana.
Electric Eel Electrocute. 14 Magic. 35 Mana.

LEVEL 3 $4K
Pegasus Luck. Cuts opponent's payout 50% for 8 spins. 70 Mana.
Wolf Howl. Removes 2 symbols for 8 spins. 70 Mana.
Great White Shark Rend. 22 Stab. 70 Attack.

LEVEL 4 $7.5K
Griffon Death from Above. 32 Stab. 95 Attack.
Displacer Beast Displace. 1 symbol goes Wild for 8 spins, 12 to recharge. 95 Mana.
Narwhal Pierce. 32 Stab. 95 Attack.

LEVEL 5 $12.5K
Blue Dragon Lightning Breath. 50 Magic. 120 Mana.
Ursa Major Eat. 10 damage for 5 spins. 120 Attack.
Giant Octopus Suffocate. Locks reels for 5 spins, 18 to recharge. 80 Mana.

Edited on 10/01/2015 at 7:28:39 PM PST

GeorgeTSLC
Manatee
Manatee
3,919 Posts

[Post New]by GeorgeTSLC on Dec 22, 14 9:56 AM
Well, okay, one other, sort of.

"Eat" gives more damage per AP than does "Back Stab" at 26 damage for 90 AP, and like it, bypasses all resistance. And for my character who thinks the latter is dishonorable. the fact that it's delayed damage, like the ever reliable-Poison, is acceptable.

Edited on 12/23/2014 at 2:24:03 PM PST

GeorgeTSLC
Manatee
Manatee
3,919 Posts

[Post New]by GeorgeTSLC on Apr 27, 15 7:15 PM
As for where to find the Giant Octopus, this time it was at Lightning Bay, after half a dozen Sea Serpents, a couple of Banshees, a Barracuda, some Lesser Demons, ...

GeorgeTSLC
Manatee
Manatee
3,919 Posts

[Post New]by GeorgeTSLC on Oct 1, 15 8:50 PM
And for the other zoo animals who don't automatically show up on quests or sidequests: I found an Eagle immediately on Battle Peak northeast of Canopy City, and after disposing of a few Wolves, a Cobra at the Tomb southeast of Wind's Shelter. Whether I or anybody else would be so lucky another time is unknowable, but at least this proves the beasts MAY show up at those places.

Edited on 10/01/2015 at 8:58:50 PM PST

Go to: