bfgRhone
Manatee
Manatee
4,302 Posts

Post any Skyborn technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgRhone on Jun 23, 12 1:04 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a couple of suggested articles that have helped solve some common problems with games in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

*Please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

Poem123
Guppy
Guppy
135 Posts

Re:Post any Skyborn technical issues here only

[Post New]by Poem123 on Jun 23, 12 8:26 AM
Would love to demo this old-school looking RPG but get the following error when I try to launch the game:

Script 'Simple Mouse System' line 84: TypeError occurred
cannot convert Bignum into String

Edit: I tried un-installing and re-installing and it did not fix the problem.

Edit2: after waiting some time, I tried to launch the game again and it works now with no problem.

Edited on 06/23/2012 at 9:05:35 AM PST

deenisek
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

[Post New]by deenisek on Jun 23, 12 4:06 PM
When I meet the Gold guy it goes to an Active Movie Window and all I get is a blank screen that just hangs.

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Jun 24, 12 3:22 AM
Hi Fishies,

Poem123 - I'm delighted to see you got the game working and I hope you enjoy.

deenisek - as it sounds like your game is crashing at a specific point, I would suggest having a look at the elements that help run your game. The following help article has some useful hints on how to do that:

If those steps don't help, please run a Dr. Felix Diagnostic Report and then send that over to our Tech Support Team.

This will allow Tech Support to provide some advice tailored to your system!

Hope this helps!

bfgBaikal

[Post New]by shyslerj on Jun 25, 12 3:42 PM
When I 'fly' the airship to the Industrial District I cannot leave the ship. I can move around within the ship but cannot exit or fly anywhere else. The same thing happened when I tried to fly to the Palace. More than once I have closed the program and then continued from a prevous point. Everything else seems to be working correctly. Once in a while I have found that I have to use the arrow keys to move the character but that is intermittent.

[Post New]by knordin84 on Jun 25, 12 7:30 PM
I LOVED the demo of this game and knew this was a game I wanted to buy. I just purchased the game and was sooooo excited to play, but I keep getting a message from the developer saying that my trial has ended and I need to purchase the full version from their website in order to get a registration key to play. Is there something I'm doing wrong? I really can't wait to play this game!

Edited 6/25/2012 at 8:35 pm: I uninstalled and reinstalled the game and this problem was solved. Yay!!!

Edited on 06/25/2012 at 7:36:27 PM PST

[Post New]by jennasis on Jun 25, 12 7:35 PM
I got the same issue as Deenisek. Once I reach the gold guy the game crashes out. I have tried running from different files, the game works fine until that exact point.

bfgRhone
Manatee
Manatee
4,302 Posts

[Post New]by bfgRhone on Jun 26, 12 1:07 AM
Hi Fishies,

shyslerj, hmm, I'm not totally sure what could be going wrong there. You could try uninstalling and reinstalling the game to see if that works.

jennasis, if bfgBaikal's suggestion to follow the below help article didn't work, please contact Tech Support:

You can contact Tech Support by clicking on the green envelope on the right to get to our Help pages, and then click "Contact Us" to the right of the screen to submit a support ticket.

Hope this helps!

bfgRhone

Edited on 06/26/2012 at 1:08:11 AM PST

[Post New]by shyslerj on Jun 26, 12 2:02 PM
I uninstalled and reinstalled as suggested and have the same problem. Appreciate any suggestions you have.

bfgSeine
Stingray
Stingray
5,158 Posts

[Post New]by bfgSeine on Jun 26, 12 2:08 PM
Hi shyslerj,

I'm sorry to hear that didn't help. You might also make sure that all software programs and drivers are up to date, which might help. You can find more information about that on our help article here that bfgRhone also linked:

If that also isn't helping, then I would get in touch with our Tech Support team so they can get a closer look at the problem.

Happy gaming,

bfgSeine

[Post New]by Herladyravenskye on Jul 3, 12 12:52 PM
I think the leveling is broken in this game; as even though I have the best armor, following the story line, and have the fights set on Easy; the monsters I'm running into a doing me in with one-hits KOs. I noticed that when the characters level, their defense doesn't go up; and under the character info, there is no way to see their defense. I could just be really stupid, and not getting something I should, but after two hours of testing things, I came to the conclusion that there's no way to be defended against the monsters you meet past level 20. I could just avoid all of the monsters, but then I'd be stuck when it would come time for a boss battle. Then I would get frustrated and rage quit and never play a video game again... for twenty minutes.

Alikamou
Guppy
Guppy
197 Posts

[Post New]by Alikamou on Jul 3, 12 8:15 PM
Good gear is one thing, but the augments to them are another. I personally tried to make sure each character had at least protection against magic and tech. You can see the differences when you check out the equip setting.

Cinders31
Minnow
Minnow
214 Posts

[Post New]by Cinders31 on Jul 4, 12 1:43 PM
I have been playing the game for awhile and only now have a problem.

I am in the lower levels, can't remember name, starts with a V... you have to use the crystal transporter to get way down in the depths.

here is my issue:
character gets stuck. there is NOTHING around for the character to get stuck on, it is pathway and I cannot move. I have to click the exit without saving or will be there forever. this happens in the ice-looking level, the rock and lava level, and others in the underground.

also, the game has gotten "jerky" movements now.

these problems ONLY happened after I went down to these lower levels.

IF I am told to uninstall and re-install, that will delete all my progress won't it?

bfgMonongahela
Manatee
Manatee
4,448 Posts

[Post New]by bfgMonongahela on Jul 4, 12 2:08 PM
Hi Cinders31,

It sounds like your game is freezing at that spot for some reason. When that sort of thing happens, a lot of our customer find the suggestions in the help article below help get things working again:

If you try those and are still running into trouble, please get in touch with Tech Support so they can start working with you to see how to get this resolved without losing any of your progress.

You can contact them by clicking on the green envelope on the right to get to our Help pages. From there, click "Contact Us" on the left of that screen to submit a support ticket.

If you're a Big Fish Game Club member, you can also connect to Live Chat Support Monday-Friday 7:30am-4:30pm PST.

I hope that helps!

bfgMonongahela

Cinders31
Minnow
Minnow
214 Posts

[Post New]by Cinders31 on Jul 4, 12 2:23 PM
thanks. I did not think that the game was freezing because the other characters that I have to fight are free to run around.
when they come close to me, I have to fight them.
it is just that I cannot move.

Cinders31
Minnow
Minnow
214 Posts

[Post New]by Cinders31 on Jul 4, 12 2:50 PM
ps. your green envelope does not work.
still having issues.

[Post New]by redkja on Jul 4, 12 5:22 PM
I am in the venom caverns and although the character frequently cannot be moved by mouse I can always use the arrow keys and that works, however now there is a red chest that will not open no matter how many times I click so I was just going to leave it but there is a switch that will not move either. please help and i could not get the green envelope to work either thanks.

Alikamou
Guppy
Guppy
197 Posts

[Post New]by Alikamou on Jul 4, 12 5:31 PM
@Cinders31 & redkja - when you mention not being able to move, when using the mouse or keyboard to try and move them, do your characters just turn back to a particular side? This could be as simple as saving your game, and rebooting your pc. All rpgs I've played tend to lock up like this every so often. Rebooting clears that lock.

Cinders31
Minnow
Minnow
214 Posts

[Post New]by Cinders31 on Jul 4, 12 8:01 PM
Alikamou wrote:@Cinders31 & redkja - when you mention not being able to move, when using the mouse or keyboard to try and move them, do your characters just turn back to a particular side? This could be as simple as saving your game, and rebooting your pc. All rpgs I've played tend to lock up like this every so often. Rebooting clears that lock.

I have had this issue for a couple of days now. and nothing seems to work.
every time I have started the game up to play and go to the v-depths I can't get past certain parts.
done the usual fixes EXCEPT for uninstalling and re-installing as I do not want to lose my progress unless there is no other choice.

first time I ever had this issue with a RPG game.

[Post New]by redkja on Jul 5, 12 10:38 AM
I have turned the computer off and on several times and although right this minute I can move the character I cannot open either the chest or throw the switch, the character did freeze more in the v caverns and stop and turn to the side as they did the N section but not before and each time the arrow keys would overrule and things would work, the chest and the switch is new and I cannot move forward without throwing the switch the first time I played through I never went to the v caverns and could not defeat the boss so am now playing again. any suggestions?

Go to: