bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Infected: The Twin Vaccine Collector's Edition

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Jun 24, 12 12:29 AM
Search for a missing girl who holds the key to stopping a global epidemic in Infected: The Twin Vaccine! A new breed of virus has spread throughout the City of Oxford forcing the area to be quarantined. The first reported case of the virus was found in 6 year old twin sisters Tiffany & Theresa Morrisey. Tiffany never survived the infection but Theresa made a full recovery and is now believed to be the key to finding a cure. In the chaos of a city-wide evacuation, Theresa has gone missing. You must travel back to the abandoned city of Oxford to find her before the virus spreads globally. Though be wary...you're not the only one back in town.

This is a special Collector's Edition release full of exclusive extras you won't find in the standard version. As a bonus, Collector's Edition purchases count toward three stamps on your Monthly Game Club Punch Card!

The Collector's Edition includes:

Bonus Chapter
Integrated Strategy Guide
Behind the Scenes making-of video
Wallpapers
Concept Art

Edited on 06/24/2012 at 1:21:46 AM PST

Re:Infected: The Twin Vaccine Collector’s Edition

[Post New]by gamineannie on Jun 24, 12 1:03 AM
As the game's main page says, "Though be weary...you’re not the only one back in town."

Okay, this one is not "infecting" me with any desire at all to download and try the game. Admittedly, while the dire, dark forces are not demons or vampires this time, but germs, the description still tells me that this one puts mere 6 year olds in danger, which is not something I'm looking for in any game. Am I in the mood to spend my Sunday tramping through yet another deserted city, seeking yet another lost person so that I can, once again, save the entire known universe from a bitter end? Nope - still hoping for something of a more cheerful or hope-inspiring nature to come along. Real life is dreary enough without spending my personal "escape" time doing more of the same.

elijah5
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,225 Posts

[Post New]by elijah5 on Jun 24, 12 1:17 AM
I agree with gamineannie,
Didn't care for the game at all. I only lasted 12 minutes into it. Poor instructions. Just not my cup of tea. Especially after playing all of the other games that have put out lately, I.e., Royal Detectives. This just doesn't cut it. I will try it for a while at least until end of demo, but couldn't even last that long. Some might like. I just didn't. Try for yourself before you make a decision.

[Post New]by dobbiemijnboekje on Jun 24, 12 1:18 AM
I can't see the SG. Am I the only one???

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Jun 24, 12 1:19 AM
I very much enjoyed the demo. Really liked the gameplay, even though the HOS were terrible junk piles and the graphics could have been better. But apart from that, I really liked everything else.

ETA: Dobbie... you have got a point. I haven't even thought of the SG, hardly ever use it. Will pop back in and take another look.

ETA: It's under the HINT, Dobbie. LOL I never saw it either.

Edited on 06/24/2012 at 1:21:48 AM PST

FORTUNATUS
Clownfish
Clownfish
883 Posts

Re:Infected: The Twin Vaccine Collector's Edition

[Post New]by FORTUNATUS on Jun 24, 12 1:38 AM

Ditto what Elijah5 and gamineannie said...

this one isn't keeping me up any later than it already has (yawn)... I may check it out more tomorrow, but it's unlikely I'll reconsider or buy this game ..... pandemics/epidemics/infected kids? Yeesh.

Oh, and why did the guy in the beginning of the game just after the intro hit the train to damage it right after he said to 'GET OUT'!? Major Doh. Main character is a Doctor... could have figured out to gone around or through... instead the valve only had been dislodged and conveniently another valve is handy behind an accessible window.

ETA: Clarification of my comment.

Edited on 06/24/2012 at 12:54:12 PM PST

[Post New]by dobbiemijnboekje on Jun 24, 12 1:55 AM
Valdy wrote:I very much enjoyed the demo. Really liked the gameplay, even though the HOS were terrible junk piles and the graphics could have been better. But apart from that, I really liked everything else.

ETA: Dobbie... you have got a point. I haven't even thought of the SG, hardly ever use it. Will pop back in and take another look.

ETA: It's under the HINT, Dobbie. LOL I never saw it either.
Valdy, I know that, but when I click on it, I can't see nothing.

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Jun 24, 12 1:59 AM
dobbiemijnboekje wrote:Valdy, I know that, but when I click on it, I can't see nothing.

Oh... when I click on it, the SG opens and shows me which of the colourful circles and rectangles and such point to which part of each photo.

Rebeca_Lily
Catfish
Catfish
1,515 Posts

[Post New]by Rebeca_Lily on Jun 24, 12 2:03 AM
Dobbie, they made some "protection" even for the players who bought the game (I did), and the SG opens only to the chapter you play. Couldn't see the length of the bonus chapter too - I wanted to inform the players about the length.

Very weird and not so "clever", because some players decide to buy or not to buy the product only according the Bonus chapter length.

Bottom line - you buy "a cat in a bag"... To jump or not to jump in the cold water - that is the question...

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Jun 24, 12 2:09 AM
Rebeca_Lily wrote:Bottom line - you buy "a cat in a bag"... To jump or not to jump in the cold water - that is the question...

Hi Lily

Oh well... I didn't even think of the SG when I played the demo. Only realised that there should be one when Dobbie mentioned it. LOL

I go by how much enjoyed the demo whether or not to buy a game, not by the length, and never wait around to see whether other peeps think the game is long enough. Either I like the game or not. As I said many times before: I prefer quality over quantity.

bradalex
Minnow
Minnow
255 Posts

[Post New]by bradalex on Jun 24, 12 2:11 AM
Not even going to try this game as I find the subject matter distasteful. I am so sick of the "dark side" of life, I want something upbeat and amusing to spend my leisure time with. Here's hoping!

BearKat
Stingray
Stingray
4,860 Posts

[Post New]by BearKat on Jun 24, 12 2:47 AM

I just did not care for anything about this game except the game mechanics.
And I tried for 45 min. to find something.
I found the whole thing extremely distasteful and SPOILER ALERT! Highlight to read! Firstly, the death of the 6 yr old twin, then the phone showing the mother's death and then finding the dead grandfather in the bunker with the camera from the children's birthday party was too much with the documentation of his death.

I just do not want to play it, my opinion.
It is absolutely NO Buy for me even as an SE.
BK

[Post New]by dobbiemijnboekje on Jun 24, 12 2:58 AM
Valdy wrote:
dobbiemijnboekje wrote:Valdy, I know that, but when I click on it, I can't see nothing.

Oh... when I click on it, the SG opens and shows me which of the colourful circles and rectangles and such point to which part of each photo.
Strange, now I can see the SG.

I like the game and it's a buy for me. The HOS are great a lot things to do.

Sheerija
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,451 Posts

[Post New]by Sheerija on Jun 24, 12 3:22 AM
This game is excellent. It did not appear so at first but once I got into it, past the demo, I began to appreciate it more and more. Very harsh theme and very reality-based. That makes it distasteful to some, but I never find that off putting. The graphics fit the story and the mechanics are perfect. It's clever and interesting and I am having a great time with it. A very adult game that will not appeal to those to seek escapism.

Top marks for this one.

snapnhiss
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,483 Posts

[Post New]by snapnhiss on Jun 24, 12 3:40 AM
I love apocalyptic movies and I'm not so rainbows and butterflies about my games that the fictional death of fictional characters would stop me from enjoying a really well crafted game. Everything in the HOSs is needed to accomplish something to acquire an object you need which is so much more rewarding than looking through junkpiles for ridiculous objects that have no bearing on the story. I really liked this game and I bought it within 15 minutes of trying it out.

PS he sabotaged the *other* train to cause the steam to block your way forward. The departing train was left untouched.

dk5793
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,792 Posts

[Post New]by dk5793 on Jun 24, 12 3:57 AM
The widescreen option worked for me -- real widescreen, not just stretch screen. I'd suggest that people try this option if widescreen is a deal or no deal issue for them.

DK

woodythepecker
Guppy
Guppy
101 Posts

[Post New]by woodythepecker on Jun 24, 12 4:07 AM
Playing games about dead babies ain't my shot. I play games to escape all of the terrible news events broadcast 24/7's. ( I refer to them as dead baby stories!) And also, junk-pile HOG's bore me to no end. I'll pass.
woody

[Post New]by Charlotte82 on Jun 24, 12 4:15 AM
Gameplay was interesting. However, even though I played the game and the bonus chapter - the Strategy Guide only opened up until Chapter 2. The other chapters did not open. It was playable withouth, though.

helleborus
Squid
Squid
67 Posts

[Post New]by helleborus on Jun 24, 12 4:29 AM
dobbiemijnboekje wrote:I can't see the SG. Am I the only one???

dk5793
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,792 Posts

[Post New]by dk5793 on Jun 24, 12 4:42 AM
I'm so sorry, cbtx -- I didn't mean to upset you! Of course I know that people try the widescreen option. What I meant was that they shouldn't write the game off based only on reviews or comments that say the widescreen option doesn't work. Obviously, it works for some and not for others. Please don't be angry.

DK

Go to: