bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

Reviews for Mahjong Mysteries: Ancient Athena

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Jun 25, 12 12:43 AM
Hi Fishies!

What do you think of Mahjong Mysteries: Ancient Athena? We’d love to hear all about it, as would many of the other fishies in our pond! You can now share your review on our website, just pop over to the Mahjong Mysteries: Ancient Athena page here.

Unsure how to submit a review? Please check our help article Big Fish Game Reviews for more information.

After sharing your review on our website, please feel free to repost your review in this thread!

Remember, a lot of fishies that will be reading your review will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include the words SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post .

To help other players get the most out of your review, you could add a note stating if you played the trial or full version and how far you have gotten in the game.

If you’re experiencing technical issues with this game, be sure to swim over to the support thread dedicated to the game here.

**If you are seeking game help, the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the Game Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion'!

Happy gaming!

bfgBaikal

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

Re:Reviews for Mahjong Mysteries: Ancient Athena

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Jun 25, 12 12:44 AM
Hi Fishies,

I just wanted to add to the OP: This thread has been reserved for reviews only.

If you have any questions about someone else’s review (even if you feel that their review contains incorrect details about this game) please contact that user directly via PM instead of replying to or quoting their post as this can develop into a discussion that is not suitable to the review thread.

While the reviews in this thread are first and foremost helpful to other players, they also tell us and all who were involved in making this game, what you liked/disliked most, what you’d like to see more/less of in future games, etc. This can only help us in continuing to provide better games, which is what we all want!

We want to ensure that everyone who visits this thread can easily find the reviews that they’re looking for, so the Moderation Team will be proactively removing any off-topic posts (i.e. non-reviews) that pop up in this thread.

For any non-review related posts, please feel free to create a "Comments" thread in this Game Forum if there isn't one already. You can always create a new thread for any game questions or tips.

Thank you!

bfgBaikal

lilTweet7
Herring
Herring
333 Posts

[Post New]by lilTweet7 on Jun 25, 12 12:15 PM
I never was a big fan of Mahjong games in the past, but in recent years, they have grown on me, especially when they involve some challenge. This one is very nice via the colorful and changeable graphics, and the music (a cross between European and Middle Eastern flare) is very pleasant to listen to. There are two game modes and tons of levels (300 to be exact). You can play Classic or Adventure mode, and timed or relaxed. I always prefer the timed, though they give one more then enough time to finish the level. Perhaps it gets harder as one advances... not sure, as I only played demo mode so far.

All in all, I like this Mahjong, as will the family, so it is a buy for me.

Edited on 06/25/2012 at 1:21:28 PM PST

Lyndy20
Clownfish
Clownfish
543 Posts

[Post New]by Lyndy20 on Jul 2, 12 7:18 PM
I like this game, but then I am a Mahjong fan! I bought it simply because it had 300 levels - that's a lot of Mahjong fun!

To me, the adventure mode was a bit irrelevant. There wasn't much of a story and there were only 15 levels. Playing timed mode was somewhat challenging but there were bonus tiles to help. Graphics were nice, the tiles clear. There were different backgrounds to select and a choice of tile sets became available through the adventure.

Classic mode is where you have the 300 levels. There are three levels of difficulty, easy, medium and hard. Each difficulty has 100 different levels and you can select whatever variation you fancy. You can change the background and tile sets here as well, and create your own layouts.

The variations are as follows:

Standard
Countdown - clear all tiles in 20 minutes
Point Race - 5 points are deducted every second, so speed is a factor here
Remember - symbols appear when tiles are clicked, then disappear
Ghosts - similar to Remember where symbols are visible for a short shile
Exchange - the symbols of 2 tiles exchange every 5 seconds
Shuffle - find a match within 20 seconds. The board then changes
10 seconds - find a pair every 10 secons or loose 50 points
Match - find a special tile within 10 seconds
Freecell - store up to 2 tiles for later use
Ten - click on 2 or more tiles that add to 10

So, if you are a diehard Mahjong fan and you fancy playing all variations on all layouts across all difficulties, that's 3,300 games! Lol, I hope I worked the maths out right!

bluesruley2k
Squid
Squid
61 Posts

[Post New]by bluesruley2k on Feb 17, 13 12:37 AM
If you think Mahjong is boring..don't waste your time. This is the most boring Mahjong game I have seen. If you like a Mahjong challenge with a twist that makes no sense...Try this game!

Go to: