naomi4195
Seahorse
Seahorse
35 Posts

Comments for Pride & Prejudice: Hidden Anthologies

[Post New]by naomi4195 on Jun 25, 12 12:53 AM
I played about 10 minutes of this game and found it to be horrible. The conversations are extremely annoying to read and the hidden object scenes are just boring. I was hoping to like this but this is a no buy for me. I couldn't wait to exit.

[Post New]by dobbiemijnboekje on Jun 25, 12 1:00 AM
naomi4195 wrote:I played about 10 minutes of this game and found it to be horrible. The conversations are extremely annoying to read and the hidden object scenes are just boring. I was hoping to like this but this is a no buy for me. I couldn't wait to exit.
I agree with you!!!

crabbycat
Squid
Squid
60 Posts

Re:Comments for Pride & Prejudice: Hidden Anthologies

[Post New]by crabbycat on Jun 25, 12 1:02 AM
naomi4195...you made it 5 minutes longer than me....I only lasted 5 minutes. P-U...This is a stinker! Sorry, BF.

tishythree
Guppy
Guppy
116 Posts

[Post New]by tishythree on Jun 25, 12 1:08 AM
crabbycat i think you are being too kind just ranking this as a stinker perhaps is a bfg joke and they will say ok heres the real game for today

beeboppa
Seahorse
Seahorse
37 Posts

[Post New]by beeboppa on Jun 25, 12 1:10 AM
I was quite excited when I saw this...but, what a dissapointment!! Way too much dialoque and the people popping on and of screen WT !!! definately Not for me

gmac1007
Clownfish
Clownfish
569 Posts

[Post New]by gmac1007 on Jun 25, 12 1:10 AM
One word can describe this one PITIFUL ! Wait, so they are calling this a game I thought it was a novel with lots of pictures and stuff out of place. NO buy on this one.

Edited on 06/25/2012 at 5:49:05 AM PST

Gamer_7
Starfish
Starfish
42 Posts

[Post New]by Gamer_7 on Jun 25, 12 1:10 AM
naomi4195 wrote:I played about 10 minutes of this game and found it to be horrible. The conversations are extremely annoying to read and the hidden object scenes are just boring. I was hoping to like this but this is a no buy for me. I couldn't wait to exit.

Same here! I could not wait to exit.

I was kind of looking forward to it because the description said it followed the plot of the book. But if I want to read that much, I just go back and read the actual book again.

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Jun 25, 12 1:10 AM
I love this game. Yes, there is a lot of talk, but you can skip that. But I love the gameplay, and I see from the screenshots that there is at least one Spot the Difference puzzle - I love doing those.

This is definitely a buy for me.

BearKat
Stingray
Stingray
4,860 Posts

[Post New]by BearKat on Jun 25, 12 1:13 AM
I played for 25 mins. because I love all things "Pride and Prejudice" but I just don't think I'd ever finish this game.

The scenes are nice, but the characters popping in and out and all the dialogue( which I usually love to read) is distracting at best and annoying at worst.

Also, I have black bars at the top and bottom of my square screen which makes the screen very small to search.

All in all this version of P&P is just not my cup of tea!
BK

sassylassie
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,107 Posts

[Post New]by sassylassie on Jun 25, 12 1:15 AM
Game don't cover all of the screen on my desktop and I refuse to reset my resolution, like others said people popping in and out, the story is boring, there is nothing to this game at all. Strictly snooze fest city here. Awful game. I wouldn't even get this game if it was free.

Edited on 06/25/2012 at 1:16:03 AM PST

FORTUNATUS
Clownfish
Clownfish
883 Posts

[Post New]by FORTUNATUS on Jun 25, 12 1:22 AM

Oh, when I saw this as the TGT, I was SO excited.. I LOVE Jane Austen and own all the BBC docu-drama movies based on her novels...

Then I read everyone's comments and oh, it doesn't sound promising now and, alas, I hear the ding that my download just completed so I'm off to check it out for myself.

Fingers crossed!

~Fortunatus

eta: TGT

Edited on 06/25/2012 at 8:22:30 AM PST

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Jun 25, 12 1:30 AM
BearKat wrote:Also, I have black bars at the top and bottom of my square screen which makes the screen very small to search.

BK

This game opened in widescreen for me on my laptop, and without having to adjust the resolution. And that's something I don't get all that often.

cbtx
Stingray
Stingray
5,030 Posts

[Post New]by cbtx on Jun 25, 12 1:41 AM
I was expecting absolutely nothing from this game. (I never read or wanted to read the novel.)
But as I played through, I was surprised to find that the gameplay itself was different and quite fun, especially as you move through the game.
Since I'm completely unfamiliar with the plot or characters, I enjoyed the dialogue so I could stay somewhat informed as to the workings of the story.
Very different change of pace and I liked it a lot----it's a buy!

Opened in widescreen which adds tremendously to the appeal of the game.

DragonLadyOz
Shark
Shark
12,214 Posts

[Post New]by DragonLadyOz on Jun 25, 12 1:41 AM
Hi there,
I seem to remember a description of this game "somewhere" as a visual novel. Maybe that is why there is so much natter. LOL
Cheers

LadyBlue0321
Minnow
Minnow
217 Posts

[Post New]by LadyBlue0321 on Jun 25, 12 1:47 AM
Excrutiating.. Hated it. You can't adjust the volume, music is stilted and boring, no hints other than an obscure twinkle occasionally, It was boring.

Sheerija
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,451 Posts

[Post New]by Sheerija on Jun 25, 12 2:15 AM
20 minutes and I exited. Awful game. I used up all my hints asking that stupid Mr Bennett for help and all he did was babble on and finally say he could not help.

Dull as dishwater.

gailgo
Rainbowfish
Rainbowfish
43,711 Posts

[Post New]by gailgo on Jun 25, 12 2:15 AM
I've been waiting for someone to make a game from one of these classics; I'm disappointed to read all the negative reviews and comments but 2 of my favourite reviewers like this game so I'm going to give it a trial

KIW0612
Herring
Herring
376 Posts

[Post New]by KIW0612 on Jun 25, 12 2:24 AM
Granted this game does not have the sophisticated gameplay everyone has been spoiled by or they feel all games should be just as sophisticated. But I found this game to have a very appealing charm of it's own and it's a buy for me. Please give the game a chance and play the free trial before letting these negative comments scare you away. What others find excrutiating, I found charming.

This is a trial demo, not a 60 min. free game play. I finished the demo in 50 min. Hints do not rechargem you must earn them by finding wax seals. Since you have to EARN the hints, you may have to THINK a bit longer than in other games before hitting that HINT button. It does show that it includes "Find the difference" scenes, but none in the demo - looking forward to those.

Yes there is a lot of dialogue. Anyone who likes racing through a game would not enjoy this. Following the story line is a big part of this game. If you like a relaxing game, this may be for you.

Thanks BFG!

edmee1947
Clownfish
Clownfish
629 Posts

[Post New]by edmee1947 on Jun 25, 12 2:39 AM
why this book?i think there is much things to do with a novel like huckleberry finn,no?adventure and very much travels and tricks?

BearKat
Stingray
Stingray
4,860 Posts

[Post New]by BearKat on Jun 25, 12 2:41 AM
Valdy wrote:
BearKat wrote:Also, I have black bars at the top and bottom of my square screen which makes the screen very small to search.

BK

This game opened in widescreen for me on my laptop, and without having to adjust the resolution. And that's something I don't get all that often.

I'm playing on my 20 sq flatscreen (which I much prefer) desktop. I think I have one other game that has these bars on top and bottom, but the objects are somewhat larger in that game.
I really wanted to like this game as I said, so maybe I'll d/l it on my 17.3 widescreen lappy and see if it will help.

BK

Go to: