Whack a Troll

Whack a Troll

[Post New]by dolphinmmg on Feb 3, 09 3:57 PM
HOW does one beat this game? I just am not fast enough to get 100. Thanks.

Koalanut
Marlin
Marlin
8,777 Posts

Re:Whack a Troll

[Post New]by Koalanut on Feb 3, 09 3:59 PM
That is an excellent question. I believe that one of the only puzzles I skipped in RTR. I could never do it fast enough.

Welcome to the pond

princesschaos1st
Narwhal
Narwhal
34,838 Posts

[Post New]by princesschaos1st on Feb 3, 09 3:59 PM
sledgehammer

oh yeah, a new computer is required after the sledgehammer

actually, it's all in the timing and the amount of cussing you do at the trolls

roodypooh2
Clownfish
Clownfish
674 Posts

[Post New]by roodypooh2 on Feb 3, 09 4:01 PM
It's been a while since I played this but I believe it has to do with the color of the trolls maybe? I whacked only one color and got the points needed.

cherbtoo
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
22,629 Posts

[Post New]by cherbtoo on Feb 3, 09 4:05 PM
If you hit the RED ones it DETRACTS from your score so avoid them (if you can ... I couldn't and had to skip LOL).

coco1953
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
20,580 Posts

[Post New]by coco1953 on Feb 3, 09 6:53 PM
I skipped it after a few tries. It was either skipping it or taking hubbies blood pressure meds.

1_of_5
Marlin
Marlin
8,238 Posts

[Post New]by 1_of_5 on Feb 3, 09 6:56 PM
Make sure the trolls come all the way up (half way/peeking doesn't count) and avoid the red ones. Hubby found out that you may have to go through it a few times but eventually it will give you the trolls you need in the order you need to win the game. You just have to let it go through the cycle. It's not suppose to be one of those games you can beat the first time round.

given
Herring
Herring
369 Posts

[Post New]by given on Feb 3, 09 7:15 PM
That is just what my DH did and I haven't heard the end of it I would like to play whack the DH to shut him up. hehe.

granny754
Herring
Herring
304 Posts

[Post New]by granny754 on Feb 3, 09 8:44 PM
After you play RTR a few times and know the numbers you need for the elevator puzzle you don't need to play the game at all because you don't need the coin. It does not affect the gameplay at all. I have played this game about 25 times.

shuttlegrannyjo
Catfish
Catfish
1,575 Posts

[Post New]by shuttlegrannyjo on Feb 3, 09 8:50 PM
I beat that one by whacking the skip button!

tasha47
Flounder
Flounder
2,256 Posts

[Post New]by tasha47 on Feb 3, 09 8:52 PM
Hahaha! You are all so funny!!! It was perfectly named wasn't it "Whack a Troll"

1_of_5
Marlin
Marlin
8,238 Posts

[Post New]by 1_of_5 on Feb 8, 09 2:19 PM
csmith116 wrote:I cannot find a skip button for this one. I am great at Chuck E Cheese with these things, but this one is way too hard for me.
Thanks.

Might want to remove your e mail address. This is a public and searchable (from the web) forum and having it here could open you up to all sorts of messages/spam.

Edited on 02/09/2009 at 8:38:13 AM PST

LizzieK
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,190 Posts

[Post New]by LizzieK on Feb 8, 09 5:31 PM
csmith116 wrote:I cannot find a skip button for this one. I am great at Chuck E Cheese with these things, but this one is way too hard for me.
Thanks.
The SKIP button is in the lower right corner.

1_of_5
Marlin
Marlin
8,238 Posts

[Post New]by 1_of_5 on Feb 9, 09 8:40 AM
No problem. Don't know why you can't skip. Might want to talk to customer service. The game was developed by Big Fish itself so if there is a problem you don't have to go through a long list of companies for help. But like I said if you let it go through enough times you'll get the trolls you need to finish without a problem. Good luck.

LizzieK
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,190 Posts

[Post New]by LizzieK on Feb 9, 09 11:15 AM
csmith116 wrote:Reply to me. You already completed the whack a troll. My bad. Thanks for your help guys, this has been fun. Next is #2.
Thanks CS Smith for coming back and posting what the problem was. I guess once you complete the game and take the coin that it won't let you skip it again because that would add another 30 minutes to your game time. Good luck with the rest of the game.

10cdiamond
Starfish
Starfish
51 Posts

[Post New]by 10cdiamond on Aug 23, 10 8:41 PM
If the stupid thing would let me hold the hammer, I'd be fine- I have to keep picking it up!!! Aaarggghhh!

vingilot
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,175 Posts

[Post New]by vingilot on Aug 23, 10 9:38 PM
csmith116 wrote:First thank you for the suggestion about the email address.

Your email addy is still showing in your original post above.

I always skip the trolls myself. I didn't know that you don't actually need the coin, as granny754 said. Will have to try that next time I play. It'll shave 30 minutes off my time (the penalty for skipping).

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Aug 24, 10 5:05 AM
You can skip a great deal on a subsequent playthrough as the card suit numbers don't change.

Kathilisa
Herring
Herring
366 Posts

[Post New]by Kathilisa on Oct 31, 12 1:03 PM
Garrr...I'm replaying this game and had forgotten how to do the troll game...I've just driven myself insane trying to win it...

only to learn on this thread that I can whack the purple trolls as well, and only have to avoid the red ones.

I was trying to win by whacking green ones only

after 20 goes whacking green trolls...it was easy to win whacking green and purple ones

[Post New]by bt5494 on Nov 21, 12 10:17 AM
I skipped it, but came back through to see if I had missed anything and the silly game is still there! I tried to skip it again, but suggested I get a hint from my inventory items. Am I missing something?

Go to: