bfgCimarron
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,902 Posts

UPDATE! New version available! June 25, 2012

[Post New]by bfgCimarron on Jun 25, 12 3:42 PM
We have a new version of Infected: The Twin Vaccine Collector's Edition up and ready for you now. This update

• fixes the issue in which the Strategy Guide didn’t unlock after upgrading from the demo to the full version of the game

To get the newest version you'll just need to uninstall and reinstall the game. Note: Players who experienced these issues will need to create a new profile and start over for these updates to take effect. We apologize for any inconvenience. For help with uninstalling and reinstalling check out this help article here:

Uninstalling and Reinstalling

If you still have trouble after the update, just get in touch with our Customer Support team for help. One of our reps will be happy to help!

Happy gaming!

bfgCimarron

Edited on 06/25/2012 at 3:43:03 PM PST

Koalanut
Marlin
Marlin
8,777 Posts

Re:UPDATE! New version available! June 25, 2012

[Post New]by Koalanut on Jun 25, 12 8:21 PM
Yay! Thanks for the update, off to download and demo!

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Jun 26, 12 12:35 AM
I have now finished the game - didn't need the SG - but... YAYYYY !!!

FritzBear
Squid
Squid
73 Posts

[Post New]by FritzBear on Jun 26, 12 6:09 AM
Ah, ah, ah…I don’t know what to add, it’s so ironically absurd.
I followed the above instructions, I uninstalled the game, and I reinstalled it and I opened it with a new username and…guess what…
The strategy guide, which before was visible and worked for the first two chapters and then got frozen, now has totally disappeared from the beginning , when I click on it I see only a blank page…. really a great update, Big Fish!!!!

[Post New]by Nikraymond on Jun 26, 12 6:32 AM
Still receiving//Getting this message >"OOPS the game crashed ...THE CRASH REPORT FOLDER NAMED c-2012-06-24-101324 next to game exectable It would be great if you'd send it to the developer of the game".

Send email to to technical with Dr. Felix waiting on reply.

Penny1942
Clownfish
Clownfish
554 Posts

[Post New]by Penny1942 on Jun 26, 12 8:22 AM
Kudos to all the guys n gals at BF that worked OT to fix this game. I've already downloaded and deleted profile and halfway back through the game. It's great and this glitch was unusual for GOGII games. This kind of service is exactly why I buy only from BF. Thanks!!!!

bfgMonongahela
Manatee
Manatee
4,448 Posts

[Post New]by bfgMonongahela on Jun 26, 12 10:01 AM
FritzBear and Nikraymond,

Please get in touch with Tech Support and let them know you're still having trouble with the game and Strategy Guide. There may be adjustments they can suggest for your specific system that will get everything working correctly for you.

You can contact them by clicking on the green envelope on the right to get to our Help pages. From there, click "Contact Us" on the left of that screen to submit a support ticket.

If you're a Big Fish Game Club member, you can also connect to Live Chat Support Monday-Friday 7:30am-4:30pm PST.

Thanks so much!

bfgMonongahela

[Post New]by juicepetal on Jun 26, 12 1:41 PM
Any ideas about why the custom cursor won't work? It worked fine when I played the demo last night. Just bought the game today and it just sort of flashes here and there. Could this have something to do with the update?

[Post New]by english_teach on Jun 27, 12 12:38 PM
juicepetal wrote:Any ideas about why the custom cursor won't work? It worked fine when I played the demo last night. Just bought the game today and it just sort of flashes here and there. Could this have something to do with the update?

I have the same problem with the cursor. It's frustrating. I tried turning off the custom cursor, but it still flashes here and there. Can we please get this fixed?

[Post New]by juicepetal on Jun 27, 12 5:42 PM
I fixed my cursor problem. I ended up having to uninstall it and then reinstall (even though I had literally just installed it). When I did that the cursor worked just fine, and I was able to play. Great game!

alice21
Seahorse
Seahorse
29 Posts

[Post New]by alice21 on Jun 28, 12 5:02 AM
I have just bought the CE after playing the demo with no problems, now when I go to play the full game I do not have a custom cursor, consequently I'm having to click all over the place to see If i can pick up/examine/talk etc as the cursor just stays the same throughout; I have uninstalled and reinstalled twice and still have the same problem, I would not have purchased the game if it was like this in the demo as consant clicking drives me nuts, has anyone with the same problem been able to solve this issue or is it a permanent fault; such a shame as I was loving the demo and couldnt wait to play the full version.

[Post New]by outback_aussie on Jun 29, 12 2:41 AM
I was one of the people who had a locked up SG - fortunately I came to the forum and saw that there was a problem, there was a new issue of the game, etc etc.
Followed the instructions, EXCEPT when I reopened the game, my profile was still there so I thought - it can't hurt just to SEE if it's now okay? And it was! The SG was unlocked and I did not have to restart from the beginning.
Actually, on thinking about it, perhaps it would have been better if I had, I would have had a lot more game play, as within an hour I finished the game ... and I agree with previous posts, should have been a lot longer for a CE. The bonus chapter looked to me like a prequel btw, but that could have been just my take on it.

bromley49
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

[Post New]by bromley49 on Jul 9, 12 5:25 PM
Unistalled and reinstalled still no Strategy Guide - why am I paying for Collectors Edition?

bfgMonongahela
Manatee
Manatee
4,448 Posts

[Post New]by bfgMonongahela on Jul 11, 12 12:30 PM
Hi bromley49,

I'm sorry to hear you're still having problems with the Strategy Guide, even after you installed the updated version.

It's definitely best for you to get in touch with our Tech Support team. They'll be able to take a look at how the game is working on your computer and see how to make sure the SG loads correctly for you.

You can contact them by clicking on the green envelope on the right to get to our Help pages. From there, click "Contact Us" on the left of that screen to submit a support ticket.

If you're a Big Fish Game Club member, you can also connect to Live Chat Support Monday-Friday 7:30am-4:30pm PST.

Thank you!

bfgMonongahela

Go to: