Manatee
Manatee
3,734 Posts

Todays DD June 24 2012

[Post New]by cleoladycat on Jun 26, 12 12:04 AM
Any comments fishes?

Re:Todays DD June 24 2012

[Post New]by OvrThRainbo on Jun 26, 12 2:48 AM
Wisegal is incompatible with my Toshiba N 350 Netbook's display according to an error message which told me to use my computer's main display resolution. I AM using my netbook's highest resolution which is 1024 x 600.

tj1147
Clownfish
Clownfish
654 Posts

[Post New]by tj1147 on Jun 26, 12 7:07 AM
Gave this one a good try!

Objects sometime so very very tiny and I found myself just "guessing" if I clicked the right one....hard to tell from the graphics what some things are. Some things very large, others very very tiny in the same scene (so tiny it was hard to tell what they were...credit card or ID card?

I don't like having to click the green arrow to close the dialog boxes, especially if one is at the top of the screen and the other at the bottom. Lots of easy directions on where to go but would have preferred a map to be used if needed.

I did not like the "take a picture" aspect. You had to be extremely precise or it wouldn't work.

The hints were quickly refilled, but I found that unless I was looking at near the exact spot the hint disappeared so quickly I couldn't even see it. This is what caused me to exit the game as I tried the hint button 5 times in one Spot the Difference scene and never did see it!

This may possibly an older game before some of the more recent refinements in H0 games came about.

I'll defer on this one.

vicalana
Stingray
Stingray
5,296 Posts

[Post New]by vicalana on Jun 26, 12 7:19 AM
I'm not bothering either - BUT did you see it's an Elephant Game? Boy oh boy how they have developed.

joyce2121
Manatee
Manatee
4,490 Posts

[Post New]by joyce2121 on Jun 26, 12 8:53 AM
A pitiful hint system makes it a "no buy" for me. After seven hints
that I never saw while trying to find that second key in the living
room, I gave up. Since it's such an old game, I won't berate
the developers too much, but what in the name of all blue
blazes
is the purpose of "A HINT?

The graphics are clear, items are located in logical places and
I was able to find even the tiny tiny earring without resorting to
hints, but when I do need one, I also NEED to be able to see it.

[Post New]by BuddhaBuddy on Jun 26, 12 10:16 AM
@OvrThRainbo
Google "netbook resolution 1024x768" to find out how to make it change to a USEFUL resolution. We did that, and now all games work just fine on it.

It does involve editing the registry, but the instructions are pretty clear.

Eoarod
Flounder
Flounder
2,391 Posts

[Post New]by Eoarod on Jun 26, 12 12:14 PM
It's a buy for me especially at the DD price!

Oh folks are ser-i-ous about the micro teeny objects - but it's a different challenge at least!

Graphics are amazing, game runs smooth as glass as well! H0 "scenes" are sure not junk piles (mind, I like junk piles too ) - this should sure appeal to folks who don't like JPs!!

Yep, clicking to exit dialogue is pretty annoying, and it's based on a cheesy Lifetime Movie - but it IS Elephant Games and you sure can tell!

Usually games based on films or TV shows aren't super awesome games - they are "I really love this show so I'll buy the game" games - this one is an exception - couldn't make it through the film - but will get my $2.99 worth out of this game!

Happy discount gaming!

MEnr56
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,984 Posts

[Post New]by MEnr56 on Jun 26, 12 12:21 PM

I was in the kitchen placing the listening devices when my trial ran out and had I'd been a moment or 2 faster in playing the demo, I would've NEVER bought this game; I'll be demanding the return of my money.

I've got 1 listening device to place and from the picture a person would have to be an idiot not to understand where said item needs to be put and this game won't allow me to do so.

When I clicked on the hint button, all I got was a stupid comment that stated I needed to search another location which of course, I cannot do as there's no way to leave the scene that I'm presently in UNTIL the last listening device is placed.

MEnr56

BTW, there is a walkthrough on another game site for this game but if you look at it and look at MY version of this game -- there are listed 2 different listening device placement settings. Where the walkthrough tells you to place 3 of 6 or 7 said devices does not even match where the game tells me to place them within the kitchen scene.

Edited on 06/26/2012 at 12:38:09 PM PST

[Post New]by rosie28sammy on Jun 26, 12 1:53 PM
I remembered demoing this on my desktop when it first came out. Since I have my notebook now, I was able to demo it again. I remember why I didn't purchase the game when I first demoed it......those tiny, miniscule objects in the hidden object scenes. They were small on my desktop, but are even tinier on my notebook screen. Basically, I just clicked where I thought something looked odd and half the time I got it right.

The second reason I never bought the game are all the spot the differences. I detest them and this game has quite a lot of them. Also, areas where you have to "take" pictures somewhere in the scene based on a black and white section shown. You have to get it perfectly or it doesn't work which is frustrating.

On a brighter note, the storyline was somewhat interesting and the hint button reloads very quickly. The music sounds like something I would here in Spaceship Earth at Epcot. It was nice, but music that is more for outer space doesn't really fit the story. Still, it wasn't bad. I would recommend this game, which is older, for beginners, but again, the objects are so small, I really can't. I think someone who has been a HOG fan for a while would be bored.

Itsupikachu
Flounder
Flounder
2,158 Posts

[Post New]by Itsupikachu on Jun 26, 12 4:10 PM
I thought I might like this one but after playing the trial, I decided against it because, like many of you said, the hidden objects are very small and difficult to find and when you click on the hint button you have to be really fast to spot it before it's gone. The only thing good about the game are the graphics.

LovetoMissLisa
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,823 Posts

[Post New]by LovetoMissLisa on Jun 26, 12 6:37 PM
Yes, this is a simplistic game, but for the price I like and I'm enjoying it. The graphics are very clear and the storyline is good. I remember seeing the movie. I don't always need bells and whistles to enjoy a game. And I like easy hogs for a break. I'm enjoying it.

I've had no tech problems and I do have to change my screen resolution. But I'm quit use to this, as many game don't fit widescreen. For the DD price, it's just right for me. Enjoy!

[Post New]by OvrThRainbo on Jun 26, 12 8:22 PM
BuddhaBuddy wrote:@OvrThRainbo
Google "netbook resolution 1024x768" to find out how to make it change to a USEFUL resolution. We did that, and now all games work just fine on it.

It does involve editing the registry, but the instructions are pretty clear.

BuddhaBuddy, I read (on the netbook compatible thread?) that someone contacted Asus Customer Support and they explained how to regedit on his netbook to chang the netbook resolution to 1024 X768 I was thinking of contacting Toshiba Support. But I will try your advice first. Thanks for replying!

Edited on 06/26/2012 at 8:23:45 PM PST

Go to: