bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

Reviews for Youda Jewel Shop

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Jun 26, 12 12:40 AM
Hi Fishies!

What do you think of Youda Jewel Shop? We’d love to hear all about it, as would many of the other fishies in our pond! You can now share your review on our website, just pop over to the Youda Jewel Shop page here.

Unsure how to submit a review? Please check our help article Big Fish Game Reviews for more information.

After sharing your review on our website, please feel free to repost your review in this thread!

Remember, a lot of fishies that will be reading your review will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include the words SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post .

To help other players get the most out of your review, you could add a note stating if you played the trial or full version and how far you have gotten in the game.

If you’re experiencing technical issues with this game, be sure to swim over to the support thread dedicated to the game here.

**If you are seeking game help, the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the Game Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion'!

Happy gaming!

bfgBaikal

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

Re:Reviews for Youda Jewel Shop

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Jun 26, 12 12:40 AM
Hi Fishies,

I just wanted to add to the OP: This thread has been reserved for reviews only.

If you have any questions about someone else’s review (even if you feel that their review contains incorrect details about this game) please contact that user directly via PM instead of replying to or quoting their post as this can develop into a discussion that is not suitable to the review thread.

While the reviews in this thread are first and foremost helpful to other players, they also tell us and all who were involved in making this game, what you liked/disliked most, what you’d like to see more/less of in future games, etc. This can only help us in continuing to provide better games, which is what we all want!

We want to ensure that everyone who visits this thread can easily find the reviews that they’re looking for, so the Moderation Team will be proactively removing any off-topic posts (i.e. non-reviews) that pop up in this thread.

For any non-review related posts, please feel free to create a "Comments" thread in this Game Forum if there isn't one already. You can always create a new thread for any game questions or tips.

Thank you!

bfgBaikal

MarkAlan
Herring
Herring
314 Posts

[Post New]by MarkAlan on Jun 26, 12 1:51 AM
Similar to the "Burger Shop" series, this entry substitutes fast food for jewelry. The presentation and characters are colorful, though the game offers little innovation. However, I was challenged by the fast competitions.

A solid entry in the "Youda Games" series, but I'm eagerly awaiting their much delayed "Youda Mayor".

Edited on 06/30/2012 at 9:08:31 PM PST

bookwriter
Minnow
Minnow
215 Posts

[Post New]by bookwriter on Jun 26, 12 2:51 AM
I played all but 21 minutes of the trial and have decided it is a definite buy for me. Besides liking TM games, I like the fast pace of this one. It reminds me of Burger Shop, which I like and still play. The music is cute, and the story and characters and endearing. I like that they allow you to choose which jewelry you are going to add to the conveyor belt. There are little mini games that give you helpful upgrades when you complete them. It is a fun, cute game, which I have been wanting. It's nice to see something light in a sea of dark, gloomy games.

Tiger2010
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,624 Posts

[Post New]by Tiger2010 on Jun 26, 12 3:51 AM
I wasn't sure about this game at first, because my first love are cooking/diner TMs and this is a clone of Burger Shop, but you are making jewellery, which I found a bit odd to start with.

However, it's a lot of brightly coloured, funny and fun stuff. As in the Burger Shop games, you get to play with a lot of machines. There are mini games and achievements.

If you liked the first two BS games and don't mind making jewellery instead of burgers, then I think you'll love this.

[Post New]by musicimprovedme on Jun 26, 12 7:32 AM
I think this would be an excellent quencher for those of us waiting for Burger Shop 3...except there is no right click delivery feature to make things more fluid...when you finish an item and right click while holding it...it goes directly to the first person who asked for it.

For those of us used to playing Burger Shop this is very very frustrating because otherwise they are so similar. It was a dealbreaker for me really. And yes, it probably isn't fair. I only played a few levels.

I do like Youda though. Usually very unique gameplay. My fav Youda game is Youda Camper. AND I think there was a red cross game with a disaster theme. That was fun too.

barbiecats2000
Catfish
Catfish
1,668 Posts

[Post New]by barbiecats2000 on Jun 26, 12 4:26 PM
I finished the trial and purchased. Actually it's really not like Burger Shop as much as you might think. Yes, the conveyor belt is similar but the game play is quite different and very challenging.

I'm stuck on the race right now on level 12 so I'm hoping to either figure it out how to get gold on both races or wait for a nice fishie to tell me. You can't move forward unless you get gold on those levels.

ojennifer
Guppy
Guppy
167 Posts

[Post New]by ojennifer on Jun 26, 12 4:46 PM
I do like TM games, and have both Burger Shop games. Like Burger Shop, this game gets too complicated. The items are very small. There is no left click to deliver items.
I cannot keep up with what gems go in which machines.
Instead of making diamonds, I end up with ice cubes.

I have to say pass. I like this game, and I might have bought it, but it is way too complicated.

mendolyn
Guppy
Guppy
129 Posts

[Post New]by mendolyn on Jun 26, 12 5:28 PM
after the demo this is my thoughts:

-cute and colorful graphics and theme

-lots of variety in the items you're making as well as little side challenges that are a nice touch

-would have liked a way to release items a bit faster than the hold down your left mouse button method

-music is fairly annoying after a while

-decent TM game

all that being said i won't be buying it. this game is really nice for people who like this style of TM. i however find it getting more and more hectic which = less and less fun for how i prefer to play TM games. i can't seem to find a rhythm to get into so i just feel hurried and out of step, and like i'm missing something most of the time. i recommend playing the whole trial hour to everyone as i did have lots of fun at first and thought maybe, but after a bit i just felt too rushed. it's not a bad game tho and i'm sure lots of you will enjoy it.

best wishes and happy gaming!

mkastor
Herring
Herring
375 Posts

[Post New]by mkastor on Jun 26, 12 5:59 PM
This is a fun game and at times pretty difficult.

I would have liked to have seen the hold down release go a little faster and also, I'm not too sure why the old man sits at the entrance to the conveyor belt.

A buy for me!

bertiepuppy
Minnow
Minnow
269 Posts

[Post New]by bertiepuppy on Jun 27, 12 1:03 AM
A definite no buy for me as the pieces are too small and sometimes too similar to tell the difference.

lisablue4369
Flounder
Flounder
2,105 Posts

[Post New]by lisablue4369 on Jun 27, 12 5:50 AM
we do not like TM's, so this is a no buy for us.-----------doug & lisa

FairyonPegasus
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,501 Posts

[Post New]by FairyonPegasus on Jun 27, 12 3:02 PM

Edited on 07/02/2012 at 2:42:19 AM PST

agray000
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

[Post New]by agray000 on Jun 27, 12 8:42 PM
Loved the game...I really liked that i had to play some levels several times to get the diamond heart. I definitely give it 5 stars!

Geluvweez
Guppy
Guppy
106 Posts

[Post New]by Geluvweez on Jun 28, 12 2:46 AM
iv never tried any of youda's previous games but this cover caught my eye so i thought to give it a try. need to strain my eye as things looks the same though its challenging, graphic is cute enough for me. might get it when its on sale

coppermermaid
Guppy
Guppy
116 Posts

[Post New]by coppermermaid on Jun 28, 12 10:08 AM
I really don't like this type of TM game but gave it a chance. I played about 40 minutes of the trial and didn't like it. Give me bins of parts and machines to use, but putting things together out of a chain of chaos is not entertaining to me. This is one of those games where I end up saying "This is nuts!" while I'm playing. I expect better from Youda.

Edited on 06/30/2012 at 2:05:48 PM PST

ember89
Flounder
Flounder
2,103 Posts

[Post New]by ember89 on Jun 28, 12 12:17 PM
seeing a lot of references to Burger Shop series... that's exactly what i told the folks at youda when i tested it!

i love the bright colorful scenes, map, and characters... that maestro really caught me off guard the first time he popped up... and the "serve-me-first" lady i just wanted to send packing! in the end, the pace just picked up way too fast for me and i couldn't manage to keep up with it... especially trying to do the levels in the dark!

i like sparklies and i like the format, but i wasn't all that sure about purchasing... i really like the farmer series and, to tell the truth, that's more my style so i think i will be sticking with that for the meantime... maybe make some sushi

happy gaming!

lilTweet7
Herring
Herring
333 Posts

[Post New]by lilTweet7 on Jun 28, 12 8:02 PM
Yes, this is a fun game... a little tricky as well on some levels. As others have said, it is similar to Burger Shop, and like others, I would love to see a Burger Shop 3 created, with different foods, characters, etc. In the meantime, this jewelry game is a hoot! A purchase from me, indeed.

Neko6
Seahorse
Seahorse
31 Posts

[Post New]by Neko6 on Jun 29, 12 5:48 AM
A fun game, crazy addictive but ridiculously hard on some levels, easy on others. Controls are a bit clunky and I'm not overly fond of the left button hold function. I liked the style of the game and it was nice to see a good TM game that wasn't food-related for once.

[Post New]by dakotanprudle on Jun 30, 12 3:36 PM

Edited on 07/02/2012 at 2:42:40 AM PST

Go to: