shadowfax44
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
21,885 Posts

Comments for Night In The Opera

[Post New]by shadowfax44 on Jun 27, 12 12:37 AM
Hello fellow gamers. I can't wait for your comments and opinions on this one. I played a bit of a beta and quite frankly I was a bit confused on some of the game play. What is the purpose of the M3 part of the game? What is the purpose of purchasing bonus items in the "store"? I will check back and hopefully find that some kind fishy has explained some of the game play in this one. In the meantime... I am going to but I'll be baaack.

jenny1983
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
488 Posts

Re:Comments for Night In The Opera

[Post New]by jenny1983 on Jun 27, 12 12:42 AM
The game is listed in the match 3 category, but the description says "Hidden Object Puzzle Adventure", so your guess is as good as mine as to what type of game this is - besides having a split personality of course

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Jun 27, 12 1:00 AM
Morning, all...

I think the M3 games are only relevant if you play the timed mode (adventure), although nothing is stopping me from playing M3 games and earning money in untimed mode.

The HINT button is just about as useless as can be. I am stuck already, and I only have a cane knob and can't find a cane. LOL

But I think this is a little gem. Pretty basic without bells and whistles, but nicely done. Now, if I could just find the cane or a walkthrough - that would be even better.

Forgot to say: at least I get widescreen with this game (have to declick that option).

Edited on 06/27/2012 at 1:01:24 AM PST

[Post New]by 090961 on Jun 27, 12 1:00 AM
Played the demo on this game for less than 5 mins it is not one of big fish's best will not be buying the game. The game play was not very clear, but it will suit other people out there just not my thing.

Edited on 06/27/2012 at 1:02:51 AM PST

Hapless
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
427 Posts

[Post New]by Hapless on Jun 27, 12 1:08 AM
Good Morning every one

Like Valdy I think this is a lovely little game but I'm also stuck with what to do with the cane handle.

I hope some body can point us in the right direction.

Linda

Robilyn
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,962 Posts

[Post New]by Robilyn on Jun 27, 12 1:13 AM
If a walkthrough was ever needed, it is needed for this game. Here is my take. I think you have to play the match 3 games, to win the things you will need to progress thoughout the game. I did get the bottles, to test the poison in the wine, after a match 3 game. I went to the store, but it only would let me buy spray bottles. It says they can be used on cracks, etc. I am also confused. I am going to buy the game, and try to make my way through it. It is a beautiful game. And I don't mind match 3 action.

gmac1007
Clownfish
Clownfish
569 Posts

[Post New]by gmac1007 on Jun 27, 12 1:14 AM
Well this is an odd game indeed but fun. It's a combo of match 3 and hidden object. There are two modes of play timed and relaxed. This is a very different game and a little confusing as to what type it is but at the same time it's interesting and I bought it. The graphics are very well done in both the hidden object scenes and the match 3. You are playing the part of a detective and have been assigned to the Opera House where the star of the show has been murdered. You have rooms to go into for searching and they are interactive once you have done your search then you go to the hall and play the match 3 part, there is a store where you can buy bonuses for the match 3 part and a place where you can play music from the stars of the show. Honestly right now I'm just getting into the game and still in the learning stages of it but this is definitely a different game and a new developer at least this is the first game I've ever seen by this developer and I must say they did a great job. I think the game has a lot to offer as far as game play goes because you get to play two games in one and I like that so you get variety with the game. As I said it's an odd game but fun and what I've played I'm enjoying and looking forward to playing more of it. This is a unique game to say the least and definitely worth the demo if nothing else. Kudos to the developer on this one you stepped outside the box. Thank you dev's and Big Fish for this very unique and fun game.

QEIII
Herring
Herring
329 Posts

[Post New]by QEIII on Jun 27, 12 1:20 AM
I think this is a nice M3 game with Hidden Object scenes and a few mini-games. It is only spoilt for me because I had a job telling the different game tiles apart. They were all of similar looking masks.

Otherwise it has similar game play to most M3 and you can buy power-ups like scent sprays. Btw I played on timed like I normally do and it is VERY generous.

The cane etc will probably come into play later in game when you open other doors.

Edited on 06/27/2012 at 1:21:21 AM PST

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Jun 27, 12 1:22 AM
Robilyn wrote:If a walkthrough was ever needed, it is needed for this game. Here is my take. I think you have to play the match 3 games, to win the things you will need to progress thoughout the game. I did get the bottles, to test the poison in the wine, after a match 3 game. I went to the store, but it only would let me buy spray bottles. It says they can be used on cracks, etc. I am also confused. I am going to buy the game, and try to make my way through it. It is a beautiful game. And I don't mind match 3 action.

Oh, I get it. I thought those things you can buy are power-ups for the M3 game itself. LOL I just wish there was a price next to each item. I have no idea how much each costs. I gather that once I have enough money to buy the first item, it will be available?

Well, thank you for letting us know. I do enjoy playing M3 games as well.

Sheerija
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,451 Posts

[Post New]by Sheerija on Jun 27, 12 1:25 AM
If I had know this was match 3 I would not even have demo'd it. I don't like them. It says in the GD it is a HOPA, with no mention of interminable match 3 games. I found one HOS and a cane handle and need a curtain tassle.

That ended the demo. There are 6 doors, 2 of which are already open, so that seems like there are only another 4 levels left, interspersed with numerous match 3 games.

Maybe, if I hit a drought, I might buy it, but it's doubtful.

giddiup101
Minnow
Minnow
282 Posts

[Post New]by giddiup101 on Jun 27, 12 1:29 AM
Removed

Edited on 06/27/2012 at 1:40:38 AM PST

[Post New]by Streifenbarbe on Jun 27, 12 1:33 AM
Hi Valdy, you find the price of the bonuses on top of them on the "display". Spray costs 50, scissors 80 coins....... Happy gaming!

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Jun 27, 12 1:35 AM
Sheerija wrote:If I had know this was match 3 I would not even have demo'd it. I don't like them. It says in the GD it is a HOPA, with no mention of interminable match 3 games. I found one HOS and a cane handle and need a curtain tassle.

That ended the demo. There are 6 doors, 2 of which are already open, so that seems like there are only another 4 levels left, interspersed with numerous match 3 games.

Maybe, if I hit a drought, I might buy it, but it's doubtful.

I have played for half an hour so far, and not found a HOS. I was just stuck with that cane knob and nothing else to do, and the HINT button is useless, so I just got out of the game, instead wasting time just sitting there, staring at the scenes. I was hoping to get some answers as to where that elusive cane may be so I could move on, but it seems no one has a clue yet.

But if I need to get objects from the money I earn in the M3 games, then maybe I will first need one of those before I can do anything else.
However, have not seen any HOS yet. *sigh*

Streifenbarbe wrote:Hi Valdy, you find the price of the bonuses on top of them on the "display". Spray costs 50, scissors 80 coins....... Happy gaming!

Oh, thank you Streifenbarbe. I will pop back in and have a look at that.

Edited on 06/27/2012 at 1:36:29 AM PST

edmee1947
Clownfish
Clownfish
629 Posts

[Post New]by edmee1947 on Jun 27, 12 1:40 AM
you also learn records of opera music which are stored in one room that opens after many ,many M3! i find this game a little confuse and boring,but it seems some others like it:so for these fishes:good gaming!

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Jun 27, 12 1:40 AM
No, sorry, Streifenbarbe, I don't get the "Display" part. And I have so far 148 coins but all the items in the store are just shadow outlines. I can't buy anything with my money.

Lilabelle
Clownfish
Clownfish
516 Posts

[Post New]by Lilabelle on Jun 27, 12 1:40 AM
I enjoy adventure , hidden object, and match three games, but not all in the same game. The game is nicely made and not difficult once you figure out what you need to do its just that the flow is not smooth and I felt like I was playing three different games that somehow got braided together and had to keep untangling and re-braiding and after a while I just lost patience trying to keep the braid neat.

Valdy: You will find the needed store items in the hidden object portion of the game

Edited on 06/27/2012 at 1:44:52 AM PST

edmee1947
Clownfish
Clownfish
629 Posts

[Post New]by edmee1947 on Jun 27, 12 1:42 AM
valdy,when you have nothing to do else ,there are little sparkles on top left on "hall":that means you have to come back to the hall and do M3 to find others things and open ho in the room you have opend!

Edited on 06/27/2012 at 1:44:01 AM PST

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Jun 27, 12 1:45 AM
edmee1947 wrote:valdy,when you nothing to do else ,there are alittle sparkles on top left on "hall":that means you have to come back to the hall and do M3 to find others things and open ho in the room you have opend!

Hi Edmee

Well, the "Hall" did sparkle at some point, and I went there and played 3 M3 games and have 148 coins now. But now the "Hall" button doesn't sparkle anymore.

I suppose I can still just continue to play M3 games, but I can't buy anything at the store. Is the store not open right away?

Hapless
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
427 Posts

[Post New]by Hapless on Jun 27, 12 1:48 AM
Oh dear

This seems to be a confusing yet very intriguing game. I can buy the spray from the store but can't figure out which buttons to press to access it!!!!

Valdy once you play another match 3 game you then go upstairs again and there is a hidden object in the divas room.

Still haven't bought it yet but if somebody can help me with the store I think I will. The graphics are just beautiful, that perfect rose and her lovely slender hand.

Linda (scratching her head)

cbtx
Stingray
Stingray
5,030 Posts

[Post New]by cbtx on Jun 27, 12 1:48 AM
I think you have to continue to play the M3 games, as edmee suggests, to open up HOS. The first HOS is on the mirror in the diva's room, after which the first bonus in the M3 opens up (spray bottles).

Go to: